Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #4761
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Wish I could do something as well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #4762
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
still watching Bruce... hope you enjoyed the weekend... keep it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Wish I could do something as well.
Thanks Guys !!

No matter what, the SST is coming home this month.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #4763
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
First, here is a B&W pic of the SST that my cousin took yesterday morning on his phone at the shop before we took it out. Pretty neat shot. Then we took it out for a ride to check all systems. Everything was working well. Did a few 7 psi quick blasts (with tranny in auto mode) to check tranny function and temps. Everything good so far. (Will post videos when I get home along with the AMS-1000 tutorial). Then we enabled the AMS-1000 for a 14 psi boost run. The instant we hit it, the damn BCM computer reset. So to be safe we drove it back to the shop. The problem is once we shut the car off, it went into a "Transport Mode On" function and now the car is locked from doing anything. We looked online and there are forums that say "hold the ignition key in the start position for 15 seconds and then the Transport Mode Off will come on". We tried tons of combinations but cannot get this to occur. If there is anyone you know that can get this shutoff please PM me.

This is quite frustrating because the SST runs perfect mechanically, but then the BCM has so much interwoven security logic to make the car 'secure' it kills it. (e.g. Transport Mode, Security Mode) Think if you were at Camaro5 Fest and your car ran perfect but then your key fob went dead and you could not start and drive your car at the event. That is the frustration I am talking about.

So going forward, I am going to hold the transport pickup for one week. If they cannot get the BCM reset I am going to ship it home anyway and figure it out with a fresh outlook.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions from the Camaro 5 community at this point would be helpful.

Thank You,
Bruce
Wow B never a dull moment, hope you figuire it out soon. Way above my head.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #4764
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Loved the video. "If you have questions,..... ((long pause))... call Sebastian." LMAO
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #4765
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Bruce, Let me know if we need to reengage some previous targets....

I'm pulling for you brother.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #4766
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Speedster, that video was awesome hahahaha. It's amazing because that was just "cruising" for the most part, and it was still beastly as all hell. Congratulations and you must be excited to get it back. I know I would. I hope you figure out some of the small issues with the cars security lock-outs.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #4767
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Wow B never a dull moment, hope you figuire it out soon. Way above my head.
Nah, it's not above your head. It just got lost in the beer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Loved the video. "If you have questions,..... ((long pause))... call Sebastian." LMAO
Yeah, we were giggling about that. This unit has some of the Sebastian 'upgraded' features that are supposed to be in the AMS-2000, but that is kind of a mirage controller. (No one has actually seen one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Bruce, Let me know if we need to reengage some previous targets....I'm pulling for you brother.
Thanks C! I am going to give them a week to try to decode. If not, it will come back east and I will sick my guys on it. Heck, they just reverse -sniffed/engineered some military stuff in less than a week because we couldn't get the Interface Control Documents. That being said, I may ask some individuals for the overrides since they are actually documented in service bulletins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Speedster, that video was awesome hahahaha. It's amazing because that was just "cruising" for the most part, and it was still beastly as all hell. Congratulations and you must be excited to get it back. I know I would. I hope you figure out some of the small issues with the cars security lock-outs.
Thanks. At least this time my cousin turned the camera on during the granny run. Some boost is better than no boost. I just wish I had done a manual shift run from 1st gear so you could hear the rpm's scream some but wasn't thinking about that at the time.

We will sort the BCM out one way or another...but when the electricity is actually on, the SST runs very nice !
Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #4768
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
At work right now can't wait to get back home to ur watch video's. No streaming video available at work.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #4769
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Well hell, they better figure it out here , cuz then I dont get my awesome goosebumps of a ride

Well I hope the best for you Bruce and Good luck, if all else fails just take it to the dealer for warranty
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #4770
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
At work right now can't wait to get back home to ur watch video's. No streaming video available at work.
Just have to wait until you get home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Well hell, they better figure it out here , cuz then I dont get my awesome goosebumps of a ride

Well I hope the best for you Bruce and Good luck, if all else fails just take it to the dealer for warranty
I assume they will get the BCM up and running again. I will be sure to have Tom take you for a ride before it comes back east.

Yeah, about that warranty thing...
Old 04-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #4771
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
It's good to see you behind the wheel.

So, what does Tom Nelson think about all of this?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #4772
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Quote:
I assume they will get the BCM up and running again. I will be sure to have Tom take you for a ride before it comes back east.

Yeah, about that warranty thing...
LoL if he gets it to the 14psi run, I'm sure before 3rd gear we will be back east already
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #4773
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
I don't know how you do it, I'd be peeved. Does this mean anyone who attempts to put a boost controller is going to have this problem? Or, is there a special combination of things going on with your vehicle?
I've seen a few posts on here with people planning to get that same device on their vehicle.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #4774
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
It's good to see you behind the wheel.

So, what does Tom Nelson think about all of this?
He probably doesnt know. All this can bus stuff. Pretty much have to have a networking cert to work on your gm car now.
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo