Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #113
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharon View Post
So what were the mods exactly?
read post #1 in this thread.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #114
rharon

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS/RS
So did you end up doing the headers or just catback exhaust?
Old 08-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #115
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Man it is hard to type as I drool over the keyboard. I am glad to hear the peedders did'nt stiffen up the ride too much. I put the 21" wheels on mine and there is a lot of difference in ride, really rough. I am going to drop the air pressure a couple of pounds to see if it helps. It may just be that at 45 I am becoming a whoussey.
Fed ex called and said the 18th or 19th for pickup, week on the road each way and about three weeks there so at least 5 to 6 weeks with out her. Oh well I need to replace the fuel pump on my '69 anyway.
Between work, driving the beast and eating, lets get those videos up!!!
And enjoy the ride.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:57 AM   #116
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Hi Speed,
Sounds like you had an AWSOME trip!

The Dyno graph looks awesome as the HP and Torque curve hold nice and steady around 500 hp through all RPM's - must pull like a bear down low out of the hole!

how did the sound clips of your ride on the Dyno come out? Can't wait to hear them!
Can you hear the SC inside the car? Happy with the exhaust?

Get any ideas for other small mods that can improve anything?

Looking forward to your "in depth de-brief "!

I haven't heard the sound clips yet but my buddy said they sound great. I am waiting for him to send them to me.

You can hear the S/C in the car when you really get on it but it is not annoying. You can hear a little whine when you are just shifting through the gears cruising - its the S/C's way of letting me know that it is there and it would like me to give it more.

The Borla exhaust sounds perfect to me. It is a low deep rumble that sounds good in any rpm. Not too loud and perfect at cruising speeds. Yo will see from the video.

I think headers would definately improve the hp but I didn't feel like doing those and I left the cats on as well. The hp that it is putting out with the stock headers and cats is awesome and it feels great to me. I am waiting on getting the radius rod & sub-frame bushes from Pedders, so I don't have those installed yet but I think they will improve the handling and ride even more. As far as any other mods, I honestly can't think of anything that I would change or want to do. When I was driving home, there honestly wasn't anything about the car that I didn't like or that bugged me.

Have I said that I love this car yet?? I went to a little car get together in town last night at Zkota. There were a bunch of cars from old to new and there was always a crowd around the car checking out the engine and asking questions. It was a blast to talk to people with rides that ranged from old hot rods to new ones. I met someone that had a 2010 Camaro on order and was researching LPE as well. After I gave him a ride - his mind was made up!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #117
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharon View Post
So did you end up doing the headers or just catback exhaust?
Just the Borla S catback exhaust. It sounds awesome too!!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #118
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator4SS View Post
Man, reading this post is really making me want to do the LPE package. I am vacillating between the LPE package and the Turbo package that is being offered by Ultimate Performance. What to do?!
I am sure the turbo package will be very good as well. I have had some turbo cars and my friends have some turbo cars and they run very good. This is the first S/C car that I have had and hearing the S/C whine on this engine is awesome!! If I had to do it again - I wouldn't change a thing. It really depends what you think you will like more.

I think LPE goes above and beyond what they need to do and it shows in their work. I got a folder that was put together with when to change oil, spark plugs, S/C belt numbers, spark plug numbers, oil filter numbers, what oil to use in hot weather comapred to colder weather. I had a few questions on these things before I came and I walked away without even having to ask anything. There was a couple people there with their corvettes, who had the 660hp packages done, and there is a reason why they came back. It was a 7 hour drive for them. LPE is top notch!! They could have had different gears put in by anyone but why not have the best.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #119
Speed74SS

Here is a better engine shot
Name:  LPE 12.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  179.4 KB
Old 08-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #120
GM4lyfe
A GM nut-swinger!

Drives: A Car
Thats really nice man, enjoy the new ride.
GM4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #121
mws444

Man those coil covers look awsome, I think I will go with them as well.
Did they mount a boost gauge? I saw an early photo and they put it in the air conditioner vent by the drivers side door. I think with the manual gear box we can drop the trans temp gauge and put it there for a stock look.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #122
mws444

One more quick question, where did they put the crome fender badges? could'nt find them in the pics. One more photo to post.
Thanks
Old 08-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #123
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro LT RS M6
Cool to see some pictures up. I like that the car looks pretty close to stock...but when someone pulls up to you thinking that it would be fun to mess with them.

Sounds like you had a good trip back and are enjoying the car. That is good to hear you like everything about it. I'm interested for the videos to hear what it sounds like.
isu_chevybowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #124
Speed74SS

I had them leave the chrome fender badges off for now. It looked so clean when they took the Camaro badges off the side. I may put them on at a later time. It does look like a stock Camaro SS. The only thing is that I have the Lingenfelter license plate frame, if someone looks closely. Lets just say there was a surprised SRT8 Charger that I met on my way home. I will try and get some video up later tonight.

I didn't do the boost gauge either but I know they were interested in doing a boost gauge replacement in the 4-pack cluster, so that may be in development. I saw a yellow car and a silver car with the coil covers and they looked awesome as well. There was a yellow car with black stripes that was on an enclosed trailer that was going out that had 315's in the back on custom rims - that car was sweet!!

LPE is doing extensive research on this car. They had a black one in the shop that they completely gutted the engine, drive train, interior etc. They wanted to see exactly what the car was made of and what they can improve. Very Cool!!
Old 08-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #125
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
FRIKIN' WICKED!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #126
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
...Lets just say there was a surprised SRT8 Charger that I met on my way home. I will try and get some video up later tonight.
I can't wait to see that vid!...