Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
ZL1 Rumor Question

So I called my dealership to see when i can put in my order, and how much of a trade in i can get for my 2011. A week later he called me back and said that the order's will not start till 1st Quarter of next year, there will only be 500 made the first year, in other words it will be damn near impossible to get one. So does any one know if this is true, should i give up now?
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
G-Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Nobody actually knows anything at this time. Nothing has been released "Officially". Pretty much everything about price and ordering is speculation and rumor right now!

Edit: Okay somebody knows but those people are not talking!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

I believe the problem is that the guy at the dealership is either ill informed ( most likely ) or he has some idea in his head that what he said will make you want one even more.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
Lawdog86

I hope you guys are right, I am really considering the upgrade. If the price is right!
Old 06-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #6
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Yes, you may rest assured, they will make as many as they can sell.

This calls for the use of one of my favorite smileys!

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
He wants to do at least 1 of 2 things:

Sell you a 2012 right now or
Put an insanely high markup on ZL1s next year
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'll tell you exactly what your dealer wants to do. He's going to take his first one and put it outside so everyone comes and looks at it. He's going to ask $5,000 over sticker and not budge for 2 months. If the car gets sold, 25% of the profit above invoice is going to the salesperson. I'm going to estimate that to be a commission check of $1,625. The salesperson will get the weekly high-gross award, and will be celebrated for selling the first ZL1. The rest of the money goes to the dealership with a small cut for the sales manager.

There will not be a limit on ZL1 production. If every Camaro next year is ordered as a ZL1, Chevrolet will deliver them all.

The thing is that your dealer, idiotic as he may be, will look you straight in the eye and lie to make a sale because they're so desperate for a deal that this is what they have to do. You came in to talk to them about a car that they don't sell yet. Meanwhile, that salesperson could have talked to someone willing to pay them. He doesn't care if you come back because over two-thirds of prospects never return. He just wants to find that customer that finally decides to buy something. The moment you said "Camaro," he knew you weren't a buyer because people come in there all day long dreaming about sports cars but go home in family sedans.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
BlemsBumble

Drives: '13 ZL1 #662; '10 SS; '99 SS
I had a dealer pull that same crap when I went to order my 5Gen over 2 years ago. He said the 2010 Camaro would be limited to 30,000 units which justified the 4-5K markup he was asking.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
So I called my dealership to see when i can put in my order, and how much of a trade in i can get for my 2011. A week later he called me back and said that the order's will not start till 1st Quarter of next year, there will only be 500 made the first year, in other words it will be damn near impossible to get one. So does any one know if this is true, should i give up now?
"Don't give up the ship!" Dealer allocations will be anounced somewhere around September this year. Your dealer will then know how many Zl1's they can order and will have verifiable information as opposed to half truths or misinformation that they have now. Pricing will be available to them at the same time. Depending on how much competition there is for the ZL1 in your area VS the number of cars your dealer is allocated will determine if you can order one or not for the first year. Chevy can only produce X amount of cars at a time, and it'a half year production starting in January/February of 2012. So, I hate to use the L word, but it will be limited the first year because of dealer allocations and the shortened production period for 2012. Your dealer when he gets the pricing for the Zl1 will be able to give you a trade in price for the market value of your car. If they give you anything less than full cooperation go to another dealer. As always, when it comes to money/profit, supply and demand, some dealers will price gouge with market adjusted price. Just don't cave in to it. If you can't get one right away, hold out for the next year when allocations are lifted and production demand vs production supply eases up and you can get it ordered, produced and delivered within the normal period of time. But for the first year, it's not going to be as easy to get one. If you want one that bad, you will eventually be able to get one. Patience padawan.....

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 06-26-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
"Don't give up the ship!" Dealer allocations will be anounced somewhere around September this year. Your dealer will then know how many Zl1's they can order and will have verifiable information as opposed to half truths or misinformation that they have now. Pricing will be available to them at the same time. Depending on how much competition there is for the ZL1 in your area VS the number of cars your dealer is allocated will determine if you can order one or not for the first year. Chevy can only produce X amount of cars at a time, and it'a half year production starting in January/February of 2012. So, I hate to use the L word, but it will be limited the first year because of dealer allocations and the shortened production period for 2012. Your dealer when he gets the pricing for the Zl1 will be able to give you a trade in price for the market value of your car. If they give you anything less than full cooperation go to another dealer. As always, when it comes to money/profit, supply and demand, some dealers will price gouge with market adjusted price. Just don't cave in to it. If you can't get one right away, hold out for the next year when allocations are lifted and production demand vs production supply eases up and you can get it ordered, produced and delivered within the normal period of time. But for the first year, it's not going to be as easy to get one. If you want one that bad, you will eventually be able to get one. Patience padawan.....
I expect the 2012 ZL1 availability will be similar to 2011 Convertible availability, as the ordering and production schedule for the 2012 ZL1 will be nearly identical to that of the 2011 Convertible, with orders starting in Q4 and production starting in January. Chevrolet will have had plenty of time to line up ZL1 specific parts from the suppliers. Therefore, if one uses the 2011 Convertible allocations and availability as a guide for that of the 2012 ZL1, one should obtain a reasonable estimate for the numbers for the 2012 ZL1.

If one has some patience and performs a little diligence, one should be able to purchase a 2012 ZL1 without paying any dealer mark up.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
Lawdog86

Thanks for the wisdom oldscool! I may just put a supercharger on mine and call it that, it is still a beautiful 2011 SS/RS. Hell I worked hard to get this one. Thanks again everybody