Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
How Much is this Going To Cost

Thank you to the elderly Mustang driver for the damage. Just got car 4 months ago. How much is this going to cost to fix? I want to make sure her insurance isn't going to screw me. My rims are messed up too.
Attached Images

J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Over $1,000 so far.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Ouch that's going to be a whole side panel.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
J-Short

Will they have to repaint? I'm afraid they're going to ruin it. And how will they fix my rims?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
omgitsmikeyC

Drives: 2014 CTS-V- totalled/ 45TH ss- SOLD
If it's her insurance, they most likely will replace the rim as it is now gouged, and would be more expenseive to repair because welding would be required. They will also need to do an alignment and make sure your suspension components didn't flex, expect about $2-3K if nothing major was affected. They have to return it to pre-accident condition, so if the paint is off, don't settle with it and make them repaint the whole car if it doesn't match.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
They will have to replace the entire quarter panel and side skirt, paint both and your rim will need to be replaced there is no repairing that, hopefully they can blend the paint well but metallic is a boar sometimes. With parts and paint that's gonna be over 2g.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
usranger80

Drives: 2011 1LT "Bumblebee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyC View Post
If it's her insurance, they most likely will replace the rim as it is now gouged, and would be more expenseive to repair because welding would be required. They will also need to do an alignment and make sure your suspension components didn't flex, expect about $2-3K if nothing major was affected. They have to return it to pre-accident condition, so if the paint is off, don't settle with it and make them repaint the whole car if it doesn't match.
That too.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
I would say 2500 to 3k. Definitely need paint.

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
J-Short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Why do you care how much it costs?

Call your insurance and let them deal with the other driver's insurance.
That's what you pay them for.
I just figure the more it costs, the more I would have to haggle with her insurance agency. Their were no witnesses so I would just rather collect money from her (if is was a little amount) than get into he said she said
Old 06-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #10
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Not a Camaro story but a recent wreck story: I have a 2012 company Taurus that has this 3-4 color bespeckled black paint. Had a 'meeting' with a semi trailer in a left turn. $8K+ worth of damage. I guess they fixed it because it was so new. The shop said the paint was, "expensive and tough to match" but they NAILED it!

The good news is a good shop can blend paint flawlessly. Choose a reputable one that the insurance company agrees with the estimate.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #11
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
not that beautiful Blue Ray metallic paint! Ahw man this one hurts to see.

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #12
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would say 5-10k they hav e to pay you off for your car now having wrecked on the history and the resale value goes down....way down so you better get paid off for diminished value or your screwed..........Rim 1,000 installed Body work and paint @ 2,000 Diminished value .....5k? 3k? you have to check on that and research yourself.........then mod the car with the extra money.................
Old 06-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyC View Post
From past experience, I would not have them re-paint the entire car, just the panel. They can come up with an almost perfect match for your existing color. A full re-paint can cause more problems elsewhere, when they don't prep it fully, and it is unlikely that the insurance company will pay for that. Fact is, unfortunately, they do not have to give you a perfect car back. Just industry standards, which often won't cover a full re-paint. My brother-in-law is an independent adjuster, and we have gone round and round about that. As proven in court, and he is unfortunately right, the condition it was in before the accident is not what they have to provide you. Just industry standards for a good repair, plus SOME diminished value.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I would say 5-10k they have to pay you off for your car now having wrecked on the history and the resale value goes down....way down so you better get paid off for diminished value or your screwed..........Rim 1,000 installed Body work and paint @ 2,000 Diminished value .....5k? 3k? you have to check on that and research yourself.........then mod the car with the extra money.................
A lot of insurance companies have gone away from paying diminished value unless you sell or trade in the car immediately after the accident. This is backed by numerous court cases where people have tried suing for diminished value and lost because they was planning on keeping the vehicle.

Also remember paying diminished value is NOT the responsibility of the insurance company, it is legally the responsibility of the person who caused the accident, and as such some companies have gone away from paying it all together.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote