Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #15
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
When my Eforce valley plate was defective, Edlebrock was very good with it. Sent me a new one and paid 4 hours labor for the change. Small price to pay for good customer relations. Magnuson is just dumb for not helping out.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #16
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
When my Eforce valley plate was defective, Edlebrock was very good with it. Sent me a new one and paid 4 hours labor for the change. Small price to pay for good customer relations. Magnuson is just dumb for not helping out.

I agree.......they probably dont read the boards much to keep a feel on the pulse of their customer satisfaction.
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I understand your frustration. However I would not get that upset with them for living up to their warranty, and an industry standard practice..
Maybe the industry needs to change to increase popularity and faith in American made products!

Quote:
Keep in mind, if they cover this kind of stuff, everyone pays more..it gets baked in the cost of the part...
Actually, a quality part that was designed/engineered and tested to last longer than 3000 miles should have already been baked into the cost of the system/components!

Quote:
We have processed thousands of orders in the 10 years we have been in business, and I can say I have seen maybe 2-3 times where a manufacturer cut a check for labor. Each time it was only because it was cheaper to pay the shop to FIX/Repair a defective part than replace it.
I am surprised that the general consumer accepts such lackadaisical customer service and support! I DONT!
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #18
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
Just curious, since your package has a 3/36 warranty from us why didn't you call us and let us take care of it for you?
Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #19
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@HennesseyPerformance View Post
Just curious, since your package has a 3/36 warranty from us why didn't you call us and let us take care of it for you?

Pretty obvious he wanted to create drama and try to throw a VERY reputable company under the bus for attention. Pretty clear here that they followed their warranty exactly. If he had a problem with it he should have went with a different company that willingly pays all labor costs for repairs.
Additionally, he's a little butt hurt that the shop took him for an absolute RIDE, charging 7 hrs of labor.....

Feel bad for him but it's hard to argue with black and white.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
Erict

Drives: 2010 2SS TVS 2300
Hi, I'm new here.
Erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
summitss/rsls3

Drives: summit white/IOM ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post

Pretty obvious he wanted to create drama and try to throw a VERY reputable company under the bus for attention. Pretty clear here that they followed their warranty exactly. If he had a problem with it he should have went with a different company that willingly pays all labor costs for repairs.
Additionally, he's a little butt hurt that the shop took him for an absolute RIDE, charging 7 hrs of labor.....

Feel bad for him but it's hard to argue with black and white.
I for one would feel the same way the OP does, it's kinda of BS that a product with 3000 miles has to have anything done to it other than drive it. As for the shop he chooses to take his car to, that is his choice, no one but his. If this very REPUTABLE company cared anything about its customers they would have atlease offered what they thought it should take to replace THEIR defective part. After all it OP already paid to install it once, it shouldn't have had to be taken back off. He's not asking for the winning lottery ticket here, he just wants what any red blooded American would.......his money's worth.
2010 Summit White w/IOM stripes SS/RS LS3, Pfadt spings, Richmond 4.11 gears, GTO clutch reservoir mod.,MGW shifter with retro handle, TSW Nurgurgring wheels, Nitto NT05R 315/35R20 on rear, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's no cats, Stainless works retro chambered catback, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Texas Speed UD pulley, LG G6x3 cam, PRC dual valvesprings w/titanium seats and retainers, Texas Speed 7.4" hardened push rods, Lethal Ported Fast LSXr 102, Ported stock TB, RX catchcan. Tuned by Dan at Dynosport in Lincoln, NE 483RWHP/442RWTQ SAE corrected.
summitss/rsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
06x6spdGTO

Drives: 06 S/C GTO, 01 H/C/I Z06
Let me get this in a better picture since this is Camaro5...

Car has 3100 miles

Blower Valley cover is a known issue

Company warranty is to send New Valley cover for the unit and make said shop install the valley cover?
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
01 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6 - H/C/I 460RWHP / 418 RWTQ (Self TUNED via HPTpro)
06x6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06x6spdGTO View Post
Let me get this in a better picture since this is Camaro5...

Car has 3100 miles

Blower Valley cover is a known issue

Company warranty is to send New Valley cover for the unit and make said shop install the valley cover?
BINGO....per their advertised warranty.

If you went to a parking lot at Chevy and saw a sign that said "not responsible for theft or damage"...and your window was broken into and sunglasses stolen out of your car...would you expect GM to then pay for your glasses or window? NO

Silly comparison but relatively similar theory.

Don't touch the hot pan...burn yourself and want someone to pay for burn treatment?

Okay, I'm getting stupid... .I feel for the OP...it SUCKS for him but that is their warranty. Simple as that, like it or not. Could they have stepped up and helped with the labor costs, sure. Did they have to legally in any way...NO.

The WORST part of this story IMO is him actually paying for 7 hrs of labor to install the vally plate with gaskets and bolt down the blower...ensure belts are good etc Very simple and a couple hrs tops! ....I'd have told them to go F themselves. I woulda got an up front quote from the shop.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
06x6spdGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
BINGO....per their advertised warranty.

If you went to a parking lot at Chevy and saw a sign that said "not responsible for theft or damage"...and your window was broken into and sunglasses stolen out of your car...would you expect GM to then pay for your glasses or window? NO

Silly comparison but relatively similar theory.

Don't touch the hot pan...burn yourself and want someone to pay for burn treatment?

Okay, I'm getting stupid... .I feel for the OP...it SUCKS for him but that is their warranty. Simple as that, like it or not. Could they have stepped up and helped with the labor costs, sure. Did they have to legally in any way...NO.

The WORST part of this story IMO is him actually paying for 7 hrs of labor to install the vally plate with gaskets and bolt down the blower...ensure belts are good etc Very simple and a couple hrs tops! ....I'd have told them to go F themselves. I woulda got an up front quote from the shop.
BINGO!?!

More like fail!

Lets put it in Maryland speed terms,

I buy an alternator from autozone with warranty, A shop installs it for 2 hrs labor.. Once installed they fire the car up only to find out the alternator has a bent shaft!!

They call and tell me the BRAND NEW alternator I gave them to put on has a bent shaft and they have removed it for me to return to Autozone.. I take it back to them expecting a FULL refund of their defective POS only to have them give me a center shaft to replace the bent one in my Brand New Unit I purchased 2 months ago...

Now my shop has to spend extra time not only removing and installing 2 alternators but now they get the liberty of replacing the bent shaft too...

Would any of you go to AutoZone and buy an alternator again if that was the case???!?!
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
Old 10-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #25
06x6spdGTO

I'm sure if we were talking crate engines and the issue was a bad oil pickup gasket causing a loss in oil pressure... Most engine manufactures would send you a new pickup and O ring and pay for some labor for causing you the grief. Or if your engine was toast due to loss oil pressure after 3100 mile from their defective o ring, replace the motor!!! Not send you a good for nothing oring!!

Point is if this is how Magnuson warrantys their products threw a fine line of Mumbo jumbo Bullshit, ill go Vortech or Procharger.... Make more power and not have some clown mail me a center shaft... Instead send my head unit in and have it back in No time!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #26
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
BINGO!?!

More like fail!

I buy an alternator from autozone with warranty, A shop installs it for 2 hrs labor.. Once installed they fire the car up only to find out the alternator has a bent shaft!!

They call and tell me the BRAND NEW alternator I gave them to put on has a bent shaft and they have removed it for me to return to Autozone.. I take it back to them expecting a FULL refund of their defective POS only to have them give me a center shaft to replace the bent one in my Brand New Unit I purchased 2 months ago...

Now my shop has to spend extra time not only removing and installing 2 alternators but now they get the liberty of replacing the bent shaft too...

Would any of you go to AutoZone and buy an alternator again if that was the case???!?!
Because that is how every auto parts warranty is handled?

You are the customer..your money makes the decisions. Read the warranty before you buy. If you don't like it, don't buy.

I am willing to bet however if you only want to buy parts where they pay your labor costs for a warranty claim you will be sitting around with a broken down car for a while.

I do think it is wrong to buy a product where the warranty info is readily available up front, then then bash the company when something happens because you don't think it goes far enough.

Yes your situation sucks..but it is part of the game.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #27
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
BINGO!?!

More like fail!

Quote:
I'm sure if we were talking crate engines and the issue was a bad oil pickup gasket causing a loss in oil pressure... Most engine manufactures would send you a new pickup and O ring and pay for some labor for causing you the grief. Or if your engine was toast due to loss oil pressure after 3100 mile from their defective o ring, replace the motor!!! Not send you a good for nothing oring!!

Point is if this is how Magnuson warrantys their products threw a fine line of Mumbo jumbo Bullshit, ill go Vortech or Procharger.... Make more power and not have some clown mail me a center shaft... Instead send my head unit in and have it back in No time!
That's YOUR educated decision and RIGHT as the consumer.

Quote:
Because that is how every auto parts warranty is handled?

You are the customer..your money makes the decisions. Read the warranty before you buy. If you don't like it, don't buy.

I am willing to bet however if you only want to buy parts where they pay your labor costs for a warranty claim you will be sitting around with a broken down car for a while.

I do think it is wrong to buy a product where the warranty info is readily available up front, then then bash the company when something happens because you don't think it goes far enough.

Yes your situation sucks..but it is part of the game.
WINNING!

Would you have your fiance sign a pre-nup agreement...then after the marriage goes south and a divorce happens....would you give her everything you own....despite the pre-nup? Is she entitled to everthign you own? NO. Didn't think so. The soon to be ex-wifes argument in court cant be..."Well, I agreed to the pre-nup....because I didn't think anything would go wrong....but I still want all his sh*t".

Not going to happen!
BECAUSE THERE WAS AN ESTABLISHED AGREEMENT IN BLACK AND WHITE THAT PROTECTS BOTH SIDES. He agreed to buy the product KNOWING the warranty. The fact that something went wrong is irrelevant to that agreement.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #28
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote