Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
coreyspindlah11

Drives: 2011 Camaro Lt
Could be the end for my Camaro :(

I love my 2011 camaro 1Lt. However, Ive had 2 cars, and my winter car is just about dead. Im only 22, and dont have much money to take a chance and gamble on another winter beater to deal with the harsh massachusetts winters. I would also save $900 in insurance a year. Today Ive started driving the awd cars, drove the charger rt awd, disappointed its not a stick and kinda pricy. Then i drove the 2013 wrx. The wrx I gotta say is kind of refreshing. theres no blind spots, its lighter, quicker and more agile and of course is AWD and is an absolute beast in the snow. Think my baby is gonna get traded in, I absolutely love the camaro, no other car can surpass its looks. Just wanted some thoughts. thanks guys.
coreyspindlah11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Are Camaros no longer able to drive in snow ? Never had any problems with them in the 60's and 70's ...
Old 07-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
coreyspindlah11

I never bothered to buy snow tires and wheels because i had a winter beater. but i dont wanna buy them and have the car still suck in the snow
Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
DO what ya got to do you're only 22. Someday you can come back to the CAMARO
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
I dd a 2013 wrx it's a great car and its very quick for what it is. I had snow tires on the wrx and man I was out and about during huge snow storms no problems. Wrx is probably one of the best all around affordable cars
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
coreyspindlah11

Thanks guys, Ill always be in love with the 5th generation camaro. But ive found myself wanting more and more out of it, Ive wanted an SS for some time but it will sink all of my money into it. I just think at this point in time the wrx will allow me to save some moeny and build for my future. Ive found myself to be a Chevy guy, but im actually an apprentice Tech. for VW, and I have learned to not be so one sided with cars, you gotta appreciate a car for what it is and its capabilities. Its going to be really hard to part with my Camaro.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyspindlah11 View Post
I love my 2011 camaro 1Lt. However, Ive had 2 cars, and my winter car is just about dead. Im only 22, and dont have much money to take a chance and gamble on another winter beater to deal with the harsh massachusetts winters. I would also save $900 in insurance a year. Today Ive started driving the awd cars, drove the charger rt awd, disappointed its not a stick and kinda pricy. Then i drove the 2013 wrx. The wrx I gotta say is kind of refreshing. theres no blind spots, its lighter, quicker and more agile and of course is AWD and is an absolute beast in the snow. Think my baby is gonna get traded in, I absolutely love the camaro, no other car can surpass its looks. Just wanted some thoughts. thanks guys.
coreyspindlah11,

It saddens me to hear of this possible decision. General Motors relies heavily on loyal customers and I hope one day we may be given the opportunity to earn your business again if this so happens to become reality for you.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I understand sold my ss same reason snow Two cars etc.. I came back you will to.. can't agrue your choice
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
I live in Wisconsin and drive mine all year . Buy snow tires and drive her all year long. I can not understand this selling the car for fear of the mighty snow? Buy your WRX , just better hope you don't see me because I will be doing a roster tail all over it and then will be gone with the wind , These cars are tanks in the snow with the proper set of tires ,. No if's and's and but's , But to each their own .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
coreyspindlah11,

It saddens me to hear of this possible decision. General Motors relies heavily on loyal customers and I hope one day we may be given the opportunity to earn your business again if this so happens to become reality for you.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William , Question for you , Why dont you tell him what I just said? Rather than let a customer walk away ? Have you driven a Camaro in the snow yet with the proper tires? I believe these cars are one of the best handling cars in the snow for the money with the proper set of snow tires and rims , These generic answers are pretty annoying , Explain to the Customers that the Camaro is quite capable of handling some winter weather .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
These cars are tanks in the snow with the proper set of tires ,. No if's and's and but's , But to each their own .

I think the op didn't see GM's video of them taking an SS up to Canada with a foot of snow and a set of snow tires. The Camaro with a set of snow tires performs better than a awd car with all seasons.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #12
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Good luck with whatever you choose, but for what it's worth I drive my Camaro year round and it handles Michigan winters very well. I do hate driving it in the snow and salt, but as you know having a separate winter car is expensive and a pain, and would have been a deal breaker with the wife. My boss assured me that he had no issues driving his Camaro in the winter which is part of the reason I bought it. I bought the car on New Year's Eve after a heavy snow and I couldn't even get the car in the driveway when I got home.
I assumed that my boss was full of crap and a rear wheel drive sports car was no good in the snow. However, when I replaced the RS wheels and performance tires with the base steel wheels and winter tires it made a world of difference. Now my Camaro is a beast in the snow! I believe some have positraction and some don't so you may want to check into that, but with the proper equipment Camaros can definitely handle winter.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #13
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
He said his new girl is refreshing, he doesn't want to go to counseling to fix this relationship, he's ready to move on.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #14
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I like the WRX too. Nice choice. But you will need winter or at least all season tires on this car too.