Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #127
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
I mounted my IC from the top also
Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #128
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
My installer (Jon) is fabricating some mounting brackets to secure the IC up top. He's utilizing the hidden stock bottom air scoop that feeds the factory radiator from underneath so the IC can nestle into it yet it still can function as intended as much as possible. The IC will be secured by 4 brackets as well as the fluid lines. His pully puller didn't work so he had to get another one with sleeker clasps.

Once he gets the stock pully off and the SC pully on then he'll be mounting the V3 and then installing the piping. We're waiting on my catchcan to hopefully arrive tomorrow. The time consumer so far has been that pully as they're torqued to 250 lbs. And the metal drop door to his shop getting jammed so he couldn't leave to go get the other pulley....lol...it's always the mundane stuff like that that kills you. Lol. The other time consumer is the slotted crash brace that he's fabricating to increase air flow. Tracy you did get my VIN for the tune, yes?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #129
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Yes I did. Vince is off today and Mondy, so expect it Tue.

Are you auto trans or manual?

And I'm anxious to see if Jon has improvements///the crash bar can be perforated w/out loosing much strentgh. we will implement anything that makes the system better quickly in future kits.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #130
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Yes I did. Vince is off today and Mondy, so expect it Tue.

Are you auto trans or manual?

And I'm anxious to see if Jon has improvements///the crash bar can be perforated w/out loosing much strentgh. we will implement anything that makes the system better quickly in future kits.

Ll

I row my own gears....as it should be.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #131
SIXJAK

Update: Finally got that freaking pulley off. A big thanks to Pinegar Chevrolet for letting us borrow the crank pulley puller. Took 5 mins to change out. LOL. Cept Jon smacked his hand real hard on the TB tightening the pulley bolt.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #132
SIXJAK

BTW, I have the tweener pulley. The step up from the base pulley. 7, 8 #'s of boost. Looks like I'll be getting that meth kit.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #133
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
BTW, I have the tweener pulley. The step up from the base pulley. 7, 8 #'s of boost. Looks like I'll be getting that meth kit.
When I first got the SC installed I was pushing 8 psi of boost, and once Vince toyed with it, I got up to 10 psi of boost. Hopefully Tracy can comment on this, I'm wondering if my pulley is the same as yours, or if it is indeed the smaller pulley.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #134
SIXJAK

Well we are at a bit of a standstill at the moment. Waiting on my catchcan that FedEx decided they needed to hold in Memphis for a whole day on a 2 day shipping order and the tune from Trifecta-Vince is off today. Tracy is also overnighting a few parts that got mixed up in my kit. Partly my fault for scaling my build back to basic from what I had originally spec'd out.

The important thing here is that we get the build right and that it is something that adds to and not detracts from the driver experience.

Despite hitting a few snags, I'm excited about this build. Jon will be attacking this again tomorrow late in the afternoon.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #135
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
When I first got the SC installed I was pushing 8 psi of boost, and once Vince toyed with it, I got up to 10 psi of boost. Hopefully Tracy can comment on this, I'm wondering if my pulley is the same as yours, or if it is indeed the smaller pulley.
What boost number have you settled on for the time being?
Old 07-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #136
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Still at 10. I have been extremely busy with work and have hardly had time to deal with my car. Thank God Smoke sent his down to Tracy to get things "figured out" because I really don't have the time I thought I would..
Old 07-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #137
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Still at 10. I have been extremely busy with work and have hardly had time to deal with my car. Thank God Smoke sent his down to Tracy to get things "figured out" because I really don't have the time I thought I would..
Yeah the tuning thing is definitely a crazy thing with these LLT's. We'll see if this guy from Michigan is fer reals...I hope so.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #138
SIXJAK

Update: finally broke down and told the missus where my car was and what was going on it. Wasn't too bad. She's definitely not worshipping me though.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #139
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Update: finally broke down and told the missus where my car was and what was going on it. Wasn't too bad. She's definitely not worshipping me though.
Time heals..

....and dinner dates, and flowers, and movies...and other things.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #140
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:

Hasn't she wondered where it's been the past day?

Closed Thread

Tags
lol