Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #197
Whipple Charged

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
Will Whipple be offering a complete CARB approved kit, with a manufacturers tune?
Yup, should have our EO # any day. This will be released at the same time as the tuner/off road kit.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #198
thalilbear02

Drives: Searching for 6th Gen 1LE
Obviously because this thread has turned its course from just purely Kenne Bell to a Kenne Bell Vs Whipple debacle, I wanted to create a new thread to continue the conversation and most importantly, to keep the moderators happy with serving this forum, to keep this thread in specific healthy with what the OP asked/presented:

Here's the thread where I would like to continue this conversation
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61414
Old 01-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #199
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Cool..
I haven't been following how it was going to be released, so I was just wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
Yup, should have our EO # any day. This will be released at the same time as the tuner/off road kit.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #200
SlowLS3

Drives: sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro692 View Post
i agree. Iam not after the highest HP anymore. I want reliable horsepower
I think that is a very true statement, there are dyno queens with big HP numbers, but never proove anything on the road nor the track, so therefore enough reliable HP will be the most appropriate power for a car.
I am very interested in buying a charger for my car but I am reading and doing less post here because certain people always believe there are other motive when I post.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #201
J-Dog

Drives: 2005 LPE Corvette - Stroked LS7
Quote:
Agreed.. If the members want a few of the C6 customers references, they can feel free to contact us. The 2 customers cars that were posted are members Flash99, and Blue02ss on the CF. they can feel free to inquire.
- Blue02ss is not a valid username on CF.
- Flash99 de-installed the KB back in August and you volunteered to install for the new owner for $1400. Flash99 made 589rwhp@11psi but not on pump gas(Torco Tune)?

Any pointers to someone running this setup on pump gas?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #202
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Sorry, its 02BlueSS. His name is Paul.

Flash, Bought another car, and pulled it, but he drove the hell out of it while it was on. His car had 100 thousand miles, and had been ridden HARD.. Completely stock 100K mile C6, with an A6 (that he burned up twice)

Torco is not a Non Pump Gas tune. It is an octane booster additive. most of the guys in that area run it as a precaution. But you dont ever tune FOR torco. If you dont want to run torco, just dont add it. The tune is the same (unless the tuner adds more timing, thus FORCING the customer to run it)

Although he doesnt currently have the kit on his car, he is still a great place for info. He beat the heck out of his car. He would be able to answer any questions you may have. Its just too bad he couldnt keep the tranny alive long enough to turn it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dog View Post
- Blue02ss is not a valid username on CF.
- Flash99 de-installed the KB back in August and you volunteered to install for the new owner for $1400. Flash99 made 589rwhp@11psi but not on pump gas(Torco Tune)?

Any pointers to someone running this setup on pump gas?
Old 01-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #203
J-Dog

Quote:
Sorry, its 02BlueSS. His name is Paul.

Flash, Bought another car, and pulled it, but he drove the hell out of it while it was on. His car had 100 thousand miles, and had been ridden HARD.. Completely stock 100K mile C6, with an A6 (that he burned up twice)

Torco is not a Non Pump Gas tune. It is an octane booster additive. most of the guys in that area run it as a precaution. But you don't ever tune FOR torco. If you dont want to run torco, just dont add it. The tune is the same (unless the tuner adds more timing, thus FORCING the customer to run it)

Although he doesnt currently have the kit on his car, he is still a great place for info. He beat the heck out of his car. He would be able to answer any questions you may have. Its just too bad he couldnt keep the tranny alive long enough to turn it up.
I think we all know that Torco is an Octane booster. I often run it on hot days here in Texas. I carry it with me because my car is tuned for 93 Octane and when I can only get 91 the Torco goes in.

Flash99 posted his car had a "Torco Tune". To me that meant it was not tuned for pump gas but tuned for higher Octane gas with the Torco additive. This would allow more timing and result in higher HP reading than a "pump gas" tune.

My tuner has specific baseline tunes for 91, 93 and 100 Octane gas. Some of the customers only run 100 Octane racing gas and tune specifically for racing gas. Others live in States that 93 is not available and ask for a 91 Octane tune.

Thanks for the correction on 02BlueSS. I will check out his threads on CF

Last edited by J-Dog; 01-20-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #204
J-Dog

I checked out 02BlueSS. Nice looking installation. 546RWHP 526RWTQ is almost the same numbers as my N/A ride and it is hoot to drive on the street and the road race track.

Thanks for the reference.

Last edited by J-Dog; 01-20-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #205
ls7camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
i am looking to either build a 408 with a 2.8 or a 427 with a 3.6, but i also would like the supercharger to scream. My goal is around 750whp. For reference, the ADM camaro with a 427 and a tvs2300 made 736rwhp with only 16psi, what do you think i should go with, and how much boost do i have to pump through the supercharger, before it screams like hell.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #206
2010 CAMARO SS RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
4.6 up to 1400hp!!!!! Holy ****
Old 01-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #207
TECH@KB

Drives: 2002 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple Charged View Post
Not true:
1. Claims patent pending, but currently no patents are awarded.
2. These are not CNC'd 6061 material. The housings are extruded aluminum which is NOT the same as Billet.
3. Does not, these rotors were designed in the mid 80's by SRM and they're sister company Opcon Autorotor.
4. There is nothing wrong with cast parts, and it offers many other benefits that extruded aluminum does not.
5. Hard anodizing has been proven to have very low thermal conductivity and lower heat dissipation.
6. They don't have an engine dyno.
7. Years?
8. Not true, were releasing water cooled units shortly.
9. Patent pending vent valve. Not patented.
10. This is a joke, Whipple has the biggest sc's and is a true MFG, not an importer from J&M Tech. Whipple has, and you can currently purchase the 4.0 and 5.0, as well as the 8.3. The 4.5 and 5.2 are just on the horizion as is the 13 and 16 liter SC's.
11. Where is this BS coming from? We, as in Whipple, are the only twin screw mfg in the US, and have been building GM kits since 1988.
12. Undisputed leader by they're own propaganda. Why does Ford Racing pick Whipple? Why did Shelby start offering Whipple after originally offering KB?

Almost none of these facts you posted are even remotely true. Again, KB doesn't even mfg superchargers. They import them from J&M Tech, or HPS Superchargers, look them up. Those housings are not machined from a solid piece of billet, they're extruded aluminum housings. Then machined, then hard anodizied. Extrusions are not as strong as raw billet.
We are currently trying to get set-up with the site as a supporting vendor. Forgive us if we post this as a vendor. If the moderators feel this is uncalled for or is offensive to any members in any way, please feel free to edit, delete or otherwise do what you feel necessary. We felt compelled to answer some rhetoric posted up by another vendor; a competitor of ours who jumped right in without any justification in our minds (as they were not even mentioned). Again, our apologies if any members find anything here out of line. We just felt we needed to clear the air.

Dustin,

We’ve had to respond to your negative and/or untrue or misleading posts regarding Kenne Bell products before. Looks like this time is no exception.
First of all, Total_Perf_Eng NEVER MENTIONED WHIPPLE. He was just stating his opinion about Kenne Bell. So what makes you jump in here and falsely claim that "almost none of the facts that TPE (Total Performance Engineering) posted were true"? You take 12 shots at Kenne Bell:

1. Yes TPE mistakenly said "Patented" instead of "Patent Pending" so you set him afire. Are you still upset because you couldn’t find out or understand what our Patents were all about until 5.0 Mustang and Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords came out with the 3.6LC. Surprised, weren’t you? Watch when next comes the Camaro 2.8 article in Super Chevy. Followed by more 3.6LC tests. What we find humorous is you are now claiming you’re going to do a liquid cooled supercharger! One side of your face says "Doesn’t work" while the other says "We’re doing our own". Sort of like a dog chasing his own tail. You call out Total_Perf_Eng because he claims KB has the only Liquid Cooled (LC). But we do. Then you say "you’re coming out with one". Isn’t Total_Perf_Eng correct?

2. We believe that our own extruded cnc’d billet 6082 T6 case is STRONGER than a billet block-twice as strong and hard as castings out of a mold or die. Definitely stronger with less flex and distortion than ANY casting with either rib cage or waffle pattern fins. One would have to be living under a rock for the last 50 years to not understand or believe the advantages of billet or extruded billet over castings.

3. Not true, Dustin. Our advanced 4X6 rotor profiles were designed during the last 4 years (2006-2010) by our own engineers - the 3 most experienced and knowledgeable twin screw engineers on the planet with 38 years of combined twin screw experience. Not in the "80's as you claim". Your lone "designer" in Sweden isn’t even an engineer, is he? And 4X6 rotors do out perform 3X5's. We can prove it. You would realize this if you ever get a real 400HP+ supercharger dyno test cell instead of that little 120HP electric motor and become capable of measuring the CFM and power consumption of larger displacement superchargers.

4. Name one advantage of cast aluminum parts over billet, forged or extruded-except cost or weight. Porosity? Heat soaking fins? Case & fins sealed with paint to trap heat? Structural integrity? You believe castings are so good? Should all the Camaro guys throw their extruded billet rocker arms in the dumpster and replace them with cheaper aluminum castings? How about their pistons, rods crankshaft, gears, etc. Replace them with cast? Or their forged or billet gears, cams, cranks, pumps, fuel rails etc. Why not cast?

5. Our 3.6 and 4.2 are available only as polished. The 2.8 is black anodized or polished. But go ahead and show us your "proven tests". Might also check out if those supercharger fins are there to strengthen the case or absorb that hot underhood air.

6. Total_Perf_Eng didn’t know we sold our engine dyno, the ONLY statement he made that wasn’t true. I like and use the Westech Dyno because it’s the most accurate and repeatable engine dyno I’ve ever seen and all the magazine tech people use it for their tests. Also 99% of KB dyno tests are on our Dynojet. We recently backed up our chassis dyno tests and tested our Mammoth kits on the Westech engine dyno. 1025HP 2.8 and 1133HP 3.6 on the Shelby Gt500, 6.1 hemi-1018. Camaro 6.2 next week - we’re shooting for 1150+. All Westech and Dynojet tests will be posted.

7. Yes, we’ve been testing twin screws since 1990. Isn’t 20 years long enough? My 1997 Expedition (now owned by my brother) has over 190,000 miles on it with the original billet case supercharger. We’ve inspected it year after year for the last 12 years - it’s never even been rebuilt!

8. You claim Total_Perf_Eng’s comment that Kenne Bell is the ONLY water cooled supercharger is NOT TRUE. Yet you admit in this post that you DON’T HAVE ONE - but introducing one shortly. Dustin, he is correct. You DO NOT HAVE ONE.

9. The SPE (Seal Pressure Equalization) or "vent valve" isn’t yet patented with the other 3 but we’re 99% confident that it along with LC will be. Patent Pending, like ANY Patent must first be applied for. A Patent can’t be immediately issued, of course. We think everyone here knows that.

10. A joke you say? Whipple is a TRUE mfg. and KB isn’t? You are confused. Kenne Bell is building complete twin screw kits in house, in the U.S. We assemble, test, dyno test and calibrate all in house. Do you really believe GM or Kenne Bell are NOT "true" mfgs. because they operate plants in different countries and assemble in another? Because they out source they are not a "true" mfg. like Whipple? When Whipple goes into production on the Camaro kit then they too will also be a "turnkey" just as Total_Perf_Eng stated.

Another issue that must be cleared up is you’re obviously obsessed about where Kenne Bell superchargers are manufactured. All twin rotor screws - except for Techo - have been manufactured in Sweden for years and shipped to the U.S. We have the three best twin screw engineers on the planet at HPS. Kenne Bell and HPS, our affiliate in Sweden, are partners in the design, testing and tuning and manufacturing of supercharger kits. Kenne Bell for the U.S. and HPS outside the U.S.

Manufacturing of the compressors is done by HPS in Sweden. They are shipped to the U.S. where Kenne Bell assembles them with our in-house kit components. Kenne Bell is the manufacturer. Test cars and trucks are present at both HPS and Kenne Bell. Our kits and superchargers flow freely between the locations. The supercharger dyno is located at HPS. The chassis dyno, air and fuel flow benches, and all other test equipment and tuning are performed in-house at Kenne Bell. We are partners with HPS. The new Patent Pending 3.6LC and 4.2LC Liquid Cooled superchargers are registered under both companies.

11. Dustin, we had this "Whipple is the only Twin Screw mfg. in the U.S." debate before. You even implied KB was unpatriotic for mfg. our rotors and cases in Sweden. No one wants to hear the rhetoric. But it’s O.K. for Whipple to buy rotors from England. Whipple continues to buy rotors from England. Oops! So you buy castings in the U.S. and assemble kits in the U.S. FYI, Kenne Bell also buys castings in the U.S. and assemble kits in the U.S. But we mfg our rotors and billet extrusions in Sweden where the rotors and cases are assembled as a unit then they are 100% tested by our engineers. We do not like shipping rotors and cases separately to the U.S.

So, how do you get off always calling KB an "importer" and Whipple a "true U.S. mfg."? Get over it - we both use imported parts and then assemble kits in America, like millions of other businesses. Makes us no less patriotic.

12. Total_Perf_Eng probably believes KB is the leader in Ford supercharger applications because of our new Patent Pending Technology-and the fact that we were (1.) first to introduce Ford to the twin screw in 1991 (2.) first to engineer Ford truck kits and (3.) first with twin screw upgrade kits for 03-04 Cobras, Lightnings and GT500s. We’ve replaced a LOT of Eatons on Fords over the years. What is also humorous and flattering is that you have always followed in our footsteps (reference the "were releasing water cooled units shortly") lagging behind us every step of the way, copying everything we do. Just like the GT500s, 03/04 Cobras, GT Mustangs, etc... and now, our Liquid Cooled superchargers?

FYI, one big reason that Ford "picked Whipple" is because Kenne Bell does not sell to OEM’s and never will. Not interested . Nothing against FRP, we recommend their products-except for Whipple of course. They are great people. Yes, Shelby has chosen to also offer the Whipple 3.3 kit as an option on the Super Snakes, but why are the vast majority of Super Snake owners still choosing the 2.8H kit? Perhaps because the 3.3 doesn’t make as much HP as we have already proven. And why did Mr. Norm pick the KB 2.8 and 3.6 kits for the 09'-10' Dodge Hemis? But then, no one here is interested in what you or we do for Ford or Dodge anyway. They want to know what we are going to do for them.

Modern Muscle chose Kenne Bell for all their 2010 Camaros. Our #1 goal at Kenne Bell has never changed. Offer our Camaro customers engineering expertise, comprehensive tech and offer more product and performance for their money than our competition. 42 years and we’re still here - stronger than ever. Over 100 kits back ordered already, so we can only assume our kit is being accepted by Camaro owners.

Dustin, there is plenty of business for everyone. Chill out and promote the product features. You might take the time to clarify up front if your dyno tests are for automatic or both. We do. You also might want to ease up a little on the Camaro guys comments - and be sure of the accuracy of your own.

I personally promise that everyone at KB will do their best for our new Camaro customers. We are into Camaro supercharging for the long run. And Kenne Bell is not new to GM either. We started out engineering and selling Buick racing equipment in 1968, Buick Turbo GN’s in 1986, then the 1990 Syclone/Typhoon, GM truck supercharger kits in 2004 and now the real fun-the 2010 Camaros. We also promise to supply our customers with accurate back-to-back one product at a time product tests.

Jim Bell
Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #208
Whipple Charged

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECH@KB View Post
We are currently trying to get set-up with the site as a supporting vendor. Forgive us if we post this as a vendor. If the moderators feel this is uncalled for or is offensive to any members in any way, please feel free to edit, delete or otherwise do what you feel necessary. We felt compelled to answer some rhetoric posted up by another vendor; a competitor of ours who jumped right in without any justification in our minds (as they were not even mentioned). Again, our apologies if any members find anything here out of line. We just felt we needed to clear the air.

Dustin,

We’ve had to respond to your negative and/or untrue or misleading posts regarding Kenne Bell products before. Looks like this time is no exception.
First of all, Total_Perf_Eng NEVER MENTIONED WHIPPLE. He was just stating his opinion about Kenne Bell. So what makes you jump in here and falsely claim that "almost none of the facts that TPE (Total Performance Engineering) posted were true"? You take 12 shots at Kenne Bell:

1. Yes TPE mistakenly said "Patented" instead of "Patent Pending" so you set him afire. Are you still upset because you couldn’t find out or understand what our Patents were all about until 5.0 Mustang and Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords came out with the 3.6LC. Surprised, weren’t you? Watch when next comes the Camaro 2.8 article in Super Chevy. Followed by more 3.6LC tests. What we find humorous is you are now claiming you’re going to do a liquid cooled supercharger! One side of your face says "Doesn’t work" while the other says "We’re doing our own". Sort of like a dog chasing his own tail. You call out Total_Perf_Eng because he claims KB has the only Liquid Cooled (LC). But we do. Then you say "you’re coming out with one". Isn’t Total_Perf_Eng correct?

2. We believe that our own extruded cnc’d billet 6082 T6 case is STRONGER than a billet block-twice as strong and hard as castings out of a mold or die. Definitely stronger with less flex and distortion than ANY casting with either rib cage or waffle pattern fins. One would have to be living under a rock for the last 50 years to not understand or believe the advantages of billet or extruded billet over castings.

3. Not true, Dustin. Our advanced 4X6 rotor profiles were designed during the last 4 years (2006-2010) by our own engineers - the 3 most experienced and knowledgeable twin screw engineers on the planet with 38 years of combined twin screw experience. Not in the "80's as you claim". Your lone "designer" in Sweden isn’t even an engineer, is he? And 4X6 rotors do out perform 3X5's. We can prove it. You would realize this if you ever get a real 400HP+ supercharger dyno test cell instead of that little 120HP electric motor and become capable of measuring the CFM and power consumption of larger displacement superchargers.

4. Name one advantage of cast aluminum parts over billet, forged or extruded-except cost or weight. Porosity? Heat soaking fins? Case & fins sealed with paint to trap heat? Structural integrity? You believe castings are so good? Should all the Camaro guys throw their extruded billet rocker arms in the dumpster and replace them with cheaper aluminum castings? How about their pistons, rods crankshaft, gears, etc. Replace them with cast? Or their forged or billet gears, cams, cranks, pumps, fuel rails etc. Why not cast?

5. Our 3.6 and 4.2 are available only as polished. The 2.8 is black anodized or polished. But go ahead and show us your "proven tests". Might also check out if those supercharger fins are there to strengthen the case or absorb that hot underhood air.

6. Total_Perf_Eng didn’t know we sold our engine dyno, the ONLY statement he made that wasn’t true. I like and use the Westech Dyno because it’s the most accurate and repeatable engine dyno I’ve ever seen and all the magazine tech people use it for their tests. Also 99% of KB dyno tests are on our Dynojet. We recently backed up our chassis dyno tests and tested our Mammoth kits on the Westech engine dyno. 1025HP 2.8 and 1133HP 3.6 on the Shelby Gt500, 6.1 hemi-1018. Camaro 6.2 next week - we’re shooting for 1150+. All Westech and Dynojet tests will be posted.

7. Yes, we’ve been testing twin screws since 1990. Isn’t 20 years long enough? My 1997 Expedition (now owned by my brother) has over 190,000 miles on it with the original billet case supercharger. We’ve inspected it year after year for the last 12 years - it’s never even been rebuilt!

8. You claim Total_Perf_Eng’s comment that Kenne Bell is the ONLY water cooled supercharger is NOT TRUE. Yet you admit in this post that you DON’T HAVE ONE - but introducing one shortly. Dustin, he is correct. You DO NOT HAVE ONE.

9. The SPE (Seal Pressure Equalization) or "vent valve" isn’t yet patented with the other 3 but we’re 99% confident that it along with LC will be. Patent Pending, like ANY Patent must first be applied for. A Patent can’t be immediately issued, of course. We think everyone here knows that.

10. A joke you say? Whipple is a TRUE mfg. and KB isn’t? You are confused. Kenne Bell is building complete twin screw kits in house, in the U.S. We assemble, test, dyno test and calibrate all in house. Do you really believe GM or Kenne Bell are NOT "true" mfgs. because they operate plants in different countries and assemble in another? Because they out source they are not a "true" mfg. like Whipple? When Whipple goes into production on the Camaro kit then they too will also be a "turnkey" just as Total_Perf_Eng stated.

Another issue that must be cleared up is you’re obviously obsessed about where Kenne Bell superchargers are manufactured. All twin rotor screws - except for Techo - have been manufactured in Sweden for years and shipped to the U.S. We have the three best twin screw engineers on the planet at HPS. Kenne Bell and HPS, our affiliate in Sweden, are partners in the design, testing and tuning and manufacturing of supercharger kits. Kenne Bell for the U.S. and HPS outside the U.S.

Manufacturing of the compressors is done by HPS in Sweden. They are shipped to the U.S. where Kenne Bell assembles them with our in-house kit components. Kenne Bell is the manufacturer. Test cars and trucks are present at both HPS and Kenne Bell. Our kits and superchargers flow freely between the locations. The supercharger dyno is located at HPS. The chassis dyno, air and fuel flow benches, and all other test equipment and tuning are performed in-house at Kenne Bell. We are partners with HPS. The new Patent Pending 3.6LC and 4.2LC Liquid Cooled superchargers are registered under both companies.

11. Dustin, we had this "Whipple is the only Twin Screw mfg. in the U.S." debate before. You even implied KB was unpatriotic for mfg. our rotors and cases in Sweden. No one wants to hear the rhetoric. But it’s O.K. for Whipple to buy rotors from England. Whipple continues to buy rotors from England. Oops! So you buy castings in the U.S. and assemble kits in the U.S. FYI, Kenne Bell also buys castings in the U.S. and assemble kits in the U.S. But we mfg our rotors and billet extrusions in Sweden where the rotors and cases are assembled as a unit then they are 100% tested by our engineers. We do not like shipping rotors and cases separately to the U.S.

So, how do you get off always calling KB an "importer" and Whipple a "true U.S. mfg."? Get over it - we both use imported parts and then assemble kits in America, like millions of other businesses. Makes us no less patriotic.

12. Total_Perf_Eng probably believes KB is the leader in Ford supercharger applications because of our new Patent Pending Technology-and the fact that we were (1.) first to introduce Ford to the twin screw in 1991 (2.) first to engineer Ford truck kits and (3.) first with twin screw upgrade kits for 03-04 Cobras, Lightnings and GT500s. We’ve replaced a LOT of Eatons on Fords over the years. What is also humorous and flattering is that you have always followed in our footsteps (reference the "were releasing water cooled units shortly") lagging behind us every step of the way, copying everything we do. Just like the GT500s, 03/04 Cobras, GT Mustangs, etc... and now, our Liquid Cooled superchargers?

FYI, one big reason that Ford "picked Whipple" is because Kenne Bell does not sell to OEM’s and never will. Not interested . Nothing against FRP, we recommend their products-except for Whipple of course. They are great people. Yes, Shelby has chosen to also offer the Whipple 3.3 kit as an option on the Super Snakes, but why are the vast majority of Super Snake owners still choosing the 2.8H kit? Perhaps because the 3.3 doesn’t make as much HP as we have already proven. And why did Mr. Norm pick the KB 2.8 and 3.6 kits for the 09'-10' Dodge Hemis? But then, no one here is interested in what you or we do for Ford or Dodge anyway. They want to know what we are going to do for them.

Modern Muscle chose Kenne Bell for all their 2010 Camaros. Our #1 goal at Kenne Bell has never changed. Offer our Camaro customers engineering expertise, comprehensive tech and offer more product and performance for their money than our competition. 42 years and we’re still here - stronger than ever. Over 100 kits back ordered already, so we can only assume our kit is being accepted by Camaro owners.

Dustin, there is plenty of business for everyone. Chill out and promote the product features. You might take the time to clarify up front if your dyno tests are for automatic or both. We do. You also might want to ease up a little on the Camaro guys comments - and be sure of the accuracy of your own.

I personally promise that everyone at KB will do their best for our new Camaro customers. We are into Camaro supercharging for the long run. And Kenne Bell is not new to GM either. We started out engineering and selling Buick racing equipment in 1968, Buick Turbo GN’s in 1986, then the 1990 Syclone/Typhoon, GM truck supercharger kits in 2004 and now the real fun-the 2010 Camaros. We also promise to supply our customers with accurate back-to-back one product at a time product tests.

Jim Bell

As always Jim, here we go:

1. Yes, as I told you before, we've played with liquid cooling. And yes, we are offering it, should be just a few weeks actually. Yes, I made sure it was only claimed patent pending. As before, I told you and your patent lawyer to do some research, and again, yes, I have 100% documentation, pictures, and test results of such a test. And yes, its a twin screw Jim. Kinda hard to patent the exact same thing thats already been done. If you look real hard, you can also find the original patent 20+ years ago for the same concept.

2. We all know the properties of cast vs. billet. We also know that because its extruded, and not machined out of a solid piece, its required to "bolt-on" a rear bearing plate, which in a casted version, or solid billet, could be machined in. We also know that the original extrusions have very thick sections on them, which does not help uniformed cooling or uniformed expansion.

3. Nope, your rotor profile is a exact duplicate as the Opcon Autorotor profile that you used for years, with the increased diameter. I have yet to see the 3.6, so I can't speak on those yet. And wow, don't be too modest, the most talented engineer's? I always give Jan Erik, Johnny and Mathias there proper respect, but claiming to be the best is a matter of your opinion. Our rotor engineer has designed more rotors in the past 20 years than all 3 combined, and is one of the leading experts. Our other outside engineers have designed, patented and led to almost all the latest developments in screw compressors. Not only writing all the new software programs for proper CFD data, but noise and structual analysis as well. Your arrogance is at an all time high thinking I have 1 engineer on staff, or part time, or anything else. Jim, why is it, that you always think you know more about our own company? Give it a rest, you really have no idea.

Our electric motor is more than 120, as said many times. Its also used to run true endurance test without having someone come by the engine stand to put gas in the motor. Its also OEM approved, as we've had to pass many endurance standards for Ford, FRPP and many others were currently working with. Yes, thats right, it runs 24hrs a day during endurance and durability testing. It also doesn't vary in power or need a gas tanker next to it to do so. Nor does the "exhaust" put out 1500deg EGT's that you have to duct down the street.

Everyone in the screw compressor industry considers the 4x6 rotor combo to be inferior for multiple rpm use as its best designed for high speed use. We have rotor designs and rotors available that trump the 3/5 and especially the 4/6, but create packaging issues because you lose displacement or you lose too much torque. Perfect example, your rotor combo's and low speed torque. Our new race blowers have a totally different profile and rotor combo, but those are built for racing only, and very high speed. Another example, did you see our 4.5 liter SC? Its shorter than our 3.4 Liter and the same height! And thats with liquid cooling. This actually fits under the Camaro hood, just the earth moving pulley on the front doesn't!

4. One advantage. rear bearing and rotor bore alignment can be held more accurately because your not bolting your rear bearing or rear shafts on seperately. Second, proper thermal expansion and the ability to control it. Yes, with billet you can work with this by more machining ops, but I'm just comparing to billet. Another, aesthitics? You remember this right? Were not talking about how you build your kits out of 2 x 4's, at least back in the day, remember that Dodge kit? Billet parts have a billet look, and too some, thats great, to others, not so much. Your standard extrusions, which was designed in the late 80's, is extremely square. Your new one, much more round, and I have to say, good job Jan-Erik, finally modified Benny's patent design. Oh and one more advantage, very easy to have water passages built into the bearing plate and front cover for water cooling. Don't have to worry about sandwiching pieces together for sealing. You know, like a cylinder head?

Seperate from this, how hot are you getting those superchargers? Because cast is just fine up to 450deg F and last I checked, that was pretty much a danger zone when running the clearances you run. Note that we actually run tighter clearances than you, both rotor to rotor and rotor to housing. Yet, that little casting somehow keeps up.

5. Awesome, only polished.

6. You sold your engine dyno? When was the last time you made a pull on it before you sold it? You like to use Westechs? Great, I like to use my own Superflow. Got our Cobra Jet engine making over 1200hp with one of those little ol 4.0's. Lets see though, that GT500 motor wasn't quite stock now was it Jim? Kudo's to you, that you have to outsource your testing. I know the guys at Westech do a great job and have a very nice facility.

7. Yes, we remember, we supplied them to you. We started testing in 87. Great, 190,00. We've got plenty out there with just as many, and more, most I've seen to date, 340,000.

8. Nope, I have one, I have many, I just haven't officially released them yet, just like you Jim. I told you before that we've done development in this area for some of our other applications.

9. Funny, not one person can find your so-called patent information, US, Sweden or Europe. Yet, one can find plenty of old patents, and plenty of documentation to show this is by no means "new" technology.

10. Was refering to being a twin-screw mfg, which you are not. You don't build what you call "your" SC. Jan-Erik and Mathias does, in Stockholm, HPS Superchargers or J&M Tech. Yes, you do mfg "kits" as well as "tuner kits". But you are not a twin-screw mfg, that is fact. We do mfg. our own SC's, we assemble every unit here. Many parts are outsourced, some through one of our partners, some through other companies. But we own all our designs, we own all our tooling, we own our own assembly line and were a true twin screw mfg, as well as a supercharger "kit" mfg.

Yes, now you finally come to admitting you're not a twin-screw mfg, great. But again, your wrong, there's over 10 twin-screw mfg's here in the US. Most are just industrial, but IHI and PSI are both mfg's here in the states. PSI cuts there rotors in Az, IHI outsources there's to a place in England although they were moving some mfg'ing to Chicago.

Were looking forward to the ever changing world of supercharging and can't wait for some head on head testing.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #209
DCv2

Drives: ...working on it
Old 01-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #210
Den4176
El Maligno....

Drives: 2ss/rs,'10-E350, E46 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCv2 View Post
+2

Closed Thread