Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Hotchkis 2010 Camaro TVS Suspension Install & Test

In our newest video, Hotchkis Performance installs a Total Vehicle System (TVS) on a 2010 Camaro SS including sport lowering springs, front and rear adjustable sport sway bars and the new Hotchkis Chassis Max subframe brace, then tests the car in Turnbull canyon.

TVS install video

Last edited by Hotchkis; 12-04-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Can't get the video to come up?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
no video here either

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
SSchase

Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS LS3
hey your guys track pack looks awsome and im really considering buying it. but im trying to figure out why your front sway is bigger than the rear, i know there must be a reason. cause on all my other cars its been the other way around. from what i see it works great but i just was looking for more information. thanks for the help.
SSchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
Hotchkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSchase View Post
hey your guys track pack looks awsome and im really considering buying it. but im trying to figure out why your front sway is bigger than the rear, i know there must be a reason. cause on all my other cars its been the other way around. from what i see it works great but i just was looking for more information. thanks for the help.
Hi, I'm glad you like the track pack. As for bar sizes, different cars will have different sized sway bars. There are many factors that determine the actual size of the bar chosen for an application. These include factors like suspension & sway bar geometry, which affects the leverage and motion ratio of a sway bar. Vehicle weights, spring rates, shock dampening, all play a role in tuning as well as whether the vehicle is front or rear drive.

Commonly in rear-wheel drive applications, too big of a rear bar can cause excessive oversteer when powering out of a corner. This prohibits the driver from getting back on the gas sooner after a turn, which slows down lap times. We tune the rates of our sway bars to significantly reduce body roll to increase response and grip, which results in a neutral handling car.

Feel free to call us if you would like more information.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
do you guys do installs at your location?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Hotchkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
do you guys do installs at your location?
no, but if you call us, we can recommend a local shop.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
kelleyperformance

Drives: DD- 15' Chevy SS Sedan
im excited, ive had your TVS kits on everything from a tahoe to an evo. absolutely love them. stand up customer service too seeing as there has been SO much testing on the other kits and items, i hope you all can do some similar tests seeing as many of the forum customers are number-oriented lol.

how much will it drop an SS?
Old 12-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
Hotchkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyperformance View Post
im excited, ive had your TVS kits on everything from a tahoe to an evo. absolutely love them. stand up customer service too seeing as there has been SO much testing on the other kits and items, i hope you all can do some similar tests seeing as many of the forum customers are number-oriented lol.

how much will it drop an SS?

The SS kit features a 1" lowered stance.

I'm happy to hear that you like our parts (and our service). We like the Camaro5 forums too, and we're actually running a special deal for you right now:

Hotchkis Holiday Deal for Camaro5 Members

At Hotchkis we firmly believe in testing our parts. All the formulas in the world won't replace real world testing. We have a lot of experience with stabilizer bar fatigue/cycle testing. Before we release a new product, we contact an independent testing laboratory to conduct extensive fatigue/cycle testing. This involves applying a load on a stabilizer bar in the same manner as if it were in the vehicle for a certain amount of cycles. Deflections up to a punishing 2-3 inches in each direction with 100,000 cycles are not uncommon.. These tests allow us to determine the durability of a variety of diameters and wall thicknesses. This helps us decide on the best tube material for a given application. Actual bench testing also allows us to verify our results from FEA.

Lab testing is still not enough for us, we are regular visitors to local tracks and races where we put our cars through real life track testing. After all, a lab test won't tell you if you will be comfortable in your car, and we know that most of our customers plan on both street and track use.

2010 Camaro Chassis Brace Test