Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
Dealership wants to cut into flange for camber adjustment???

So beyond everything else that is going on, I need and want my ZL1 fixed. To many trials and tribulations since I had the center section replaced. Now, after everything else with loose axle nuts and loose bolts in the rear end, the dealership finally put the car on the alignment rack. They come back to me and say the rear is only out .2-.3 degrees, but the front is out 1 degree. So, out of my pocket, I told them to go ahead and fix it so it didn't destroy from front tires. Now they come back and say they have to cut my cars suspension and bracing because they cannot change the geometry. As they are saying, there is no adjustment between the strut and its mounting locations. Someone please help. This is killing me.
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I think it's second opinion time.

I've never had a car that far out that couldn't be fixed without cutting up the car. I would have GM involved at this point.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I think it's second opinion time.

I've never had a car that far out that couldn't be fixed without cutting up the car. I would have GM involved at this point.
I have messages them here, waiting on a reply. Any other options to get ahold of them?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Silver 2SS View Post
I have messages them here, waiting on a reply. Any other options to get ahold of them?

They post here regularly. Under Chevrolet custome service.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
I'd call GM directly and get a case number started, I know there are GM reps on here but I'd definitely give them a call. When it comes to repairs that are out of the scope or norm, it's up to a GM engineer to make those calls and recommendations not ur dealership so if be careful and ask lots if questions to GM and not ur dealership.
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
qniknam
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 ZL1 | 13 SRT GC | 13 SRT CHARGER
DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP FOR AN ALIGNMENT.

FIND A RACING ALIGNMENT/TUNING SHOP/RACE-CAR PREP SHOP, HAVE THEM DO IT.

ALL THE DEALERSHIP IS GOING TO DO IS PUT IT IN THE GREEN. THAT DOESN'T MEAN ITS ALIGNED OR BALANCED.

**SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE MY 2012 ZL1 WAS REPURCHASED AS A LEMON BECAUSE THE DEALER MESSED THE ALIGNMENT EVERY TIME THEY TOUCHED IT 5 TIMES 2 DIFFERENT DEALERS.

I have had dealerships screw up my Jeep and Charger, with those I got specs from SRT and had a performance alignment / tuning shop fix it. As for this, I suggest working with the service manager to pull the specs from their dealer resources and give that to you.

Last edited by qniknam; 09-26-2013 at 11:38 AM.
qniknam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
qniknam
Account Suspended

Quote:
So beyond everything else that is going on, I need and want my ZL1 fixed. To many trials and tribulations since I had the center section replaced. Now, after everything else with loose axle nuts and loose bolts in the rear end, the dealership finally put the car on the alignment rack. They come back to me and say the rear is only out .2-.3 degrees, but the front is out 1 degree. So, out of my pocket, I told them to go ahead and fix it so it didn't destroy from front tires. Now they come back and say they have to cut my cars suspension and bracing because they cannot change the geometry. As they are saying, there is no adjustment between the strut and its mounting locations. Someone please help. This is killing me.
Your car is fully adjustable the alignment rack machine says to cut it, it has bolts and its pre-cut. Same issues with mine, have them get the specs from GM first before they try to do an alignment off the top of their heads, it has really wide tires if its off even .2+/- it will drift to one side and constantly eat your tires. The dealers that touched my car were trying to do alignments off the top of their heads and at that time I didn't know any better.

Last edited by qniknam; 09-26-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by qniknam View Post
Your car is fully adjustable the alignment rack machine says to cut it, it has bolts and its pre-cut. Same issues with mine, have them get the specs from GM first before they try to do an alignment off the top of their heads, it has really wide tires if its off even .2+/- it will drift to one side and constantly eat your tires. The dealers that touched my car were trying to do alignments off the top of their heads and at that time I didn't know any better.

Is that really necessary or do you have a Napolean complex?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #9
qniknam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Is that really necessary or do you have a Napolean complex?
Look dude, I'm just looking out for this guy because my 2012 had all the same problems, and if the dealership had even bothered to look at the car before they suggested drilling/cutting they would see its already adjustable.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by qniknam View Post
Look dude, I'm just looking out for this guy because my 2012 had all the same problems, and if the dealership had even bothered to look at the car before they suggested drilling/cutting they would see its already adjustable.

Fine, then type like the rest of us. People will just ignore it when you do that so your point is worthless.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
qniknam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Fine, then type like the rest of us. People will just ignore it when you do that so your point is worthless.
If his car is the way mine was with every wheel toe and cambered in different directions lol the only other example i can think of is my neighbors new fake boobs, one nipple is pointing 6 o'clock the other one is pointing to 3 o'clock. Lol... Just saying.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

I got both of you. As of now I have brought the car home. As soon as they said cutting, I told them to stop and leave it alone.

The information they are giving me is they have to cut the bottom of the strut to make room for adjustment. I told them if the gm engineers didn't give you the room, them there is something else that are forgetting. They cam back with, "we'll we do it on other cars like cobalts and malibus". So I returned with, "does this look like a Malibu to you?"

After paying $100 for their stupidity, (which I WILL get back), the car is back in my possession. Alignment is still off a bit, I will deal with that later.

I didn't mind qniknam's post because it got my attention and thank you.

More or less I'm more pissed about having to pay for an alignment when I didn't do anything to warrant needing an alignment. This is all from the dealership being under my car for the last 6-7 weeks.......

I'll post more when I get some resolution.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #13
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

By the way, I just got off the phone, again, with the gm customer support team....
More to follow on that as well.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #14
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
I got both of you. As of now I have brought the car home. As soon as they said cutting, I told them to stop and leave it alone.

The information they are giving me is they have to cut the bottom of the strut to make room for adjustment. I told them if the gm engineers didn't give you the room, them there is something else that are forgetting. They cam back with, "we'll we do it on other cars like cobalts and malibus". So I returned with, "does this look like a Malibu to you?"

After paying $100 for their stupidity, (which I WILL get back), the car is back in my possession. Alignment is still off a bit, I will deal with that later.

I didn't mind qniknam's post because it got my attention and thank you.

More or less I'm more pissed about having to pay for an alignment when I didn't do anything to warrant needing an alignment. This is all from the dealership being under my car for the last 6-7 weeks.......

I'll post more when I get some resolution.
Good luck, I know you might not mind but many of us along with the Mods won't. His voice shouldn't be any LOUDER than the rest of ours.