Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
HokieERVet

Drives: SIM/2LT/RS/Black/Manual
Allocation question

I posted this under another thread but I think it got missed- sorry for the re-post.

here is this original:

well I have a quick question relating to allocations as well...when I first went to my dealer, they told me they had allocations spots available, so I placed my order on 7/26. I noticed that it didn't get picked up on the next 2 Fridays, so I emailed my salesman to see where I was in the allocation line-up. Here his response:

Chris,

I just got back, and thanks for being patient. There are 4 cars ahead of yours as of this morning.

Our consensus is giving us 4 allocations over the next three weeks. Our zone manager has promised us 3 additional allocations in return for buying the Cadillac inventory from Robert Woodall. The most accurate answer I can give you is it will be pulled over the next 3-4 weeks.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Thank you.

Curt Cope

So am I interpreting this right in that they have no spots currently so I have to hope they get at least 5 or my order hangs out there forever?

I though I did the right thing by asking if an allocation spot was available but maybe I'm screwed. I'd really like to have the car by late October. Should I try to get my deposit back and look for another dealer?

Thanks guys. This forum has been awesome. It was great walking into the dealer probably knowing more about the car than the salesman.
HokieERVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Disregard me previous post.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
HokieERVet

gotcha...I was all ready to fire a post back saying I wasn't the one who multi-posted...
Old 08-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

I think I did answer technically though, they dealer knows how many allocations they get a month at a time and they know how many orders they have ahead of you. They should know when your order will have allocation.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
HokieERVet

but based on that message- doesn't it sound like they have no allocations currently?

they had told me they did which is why I went with them.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Yes it sounds like they are assuming or expecting some but do not have any. You know several reputable dealers have listed their ability to take orders with immediate allocation on here. Nearly every week usually on a Thursday, you might want to start looking at cancelling and reordering.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #7
HokieERVet

that's what I was afraid of... thanks a lot for the confirmation.
Just wanted to make sure before I make the call.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
My friends I have covered this time and time again in thread after thread. Short version.

Do they have current allocations... YES! You didnt SPECIFICALLY ask if you'd get one did you? NO! His allocations for this cycle are for the other cars at 1100 ahead of you. Some dealers are sneaky sneaky.

You did great by asking up front about allocations BUT you need to follow up the if they ahve any open allocations this cycle with HOW MANY ORDERS ARE AT 1100 BEFOR YOU?

His email says 4, so you are #5. They got a consensus this month of 4. You will be the frist order pulled from next months consensus unless they get the extra 3.

You got dupped. But your close, screw it, keep the order, wait a few more weeks and get the car. I waited 4 weeks for an allocation then 6 more weeks for the car. No biggie, the car is SO worth it!

IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #9
HokieERVet

I actually asked him if they had any "open allocations for the current month" and he said yes. so I figured my order would be pulled that Friday.

so I guess I was duped... I feel I did ask the appropriate questions just didn't get a truthful response.

thanks for the input...
Old 08-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #10
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Technically it was truthful you asked for open allocations and he said they had some, didn't say what spot in line you were and technicly you didn't ask that. Not busting your balls, none of us should have to go thru this song and dance to purchase a car but sadly we do.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #11
HokieERVet

no busting noted, you're right though, shouldn't have to be that specific especially when a general customer wouldn't even be asking the question- they know what we are going for...

I think I'll follow your advice and wait for 2 or 3 weeks and then check my status again. If I still have 4 ahead of me I may look for another dealer.

It'll be great to get the car right when I won't be wanting to drive it much. :((Virginia loves their salt and sand on the roads.)

BTW- love your car- WHEN I get mine I'm going for a SIM 2LT RS M6.

Thanks again