Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #197
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Real big congratulations to you TAG, couldn't be for a nicer guy! Hope you'll enjoy it freatly, and be sure to take lts of pics and videos once you have your baby. I wanna hear how that chambered exhaust sounds!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #198
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
This is a nice post to come on to after being away for a while. Congratulations to you Tag and to even have Scott come on here and post to you personally is an honor in and of itself. I hope you enjoy it greatly. I'm dreaming of the day i might get my very own IBM or CGM Camaro
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #199
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Let me know which chambered exhaust you are choosing if you're not keeping it a secret until a later time. I too am very interested in this as I want the car to sound even more awesome and rattle the bones of other vehicles I drive by...Especially the environmentalists that drive those silent electric vehicles..lol..

Where are the PICTURES!!!!
You got it! I'll let ya know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
wow... I miss one day of C5 and Tag gets the first CGM camaro....

I did get on the site momentarily yesterday to check my pm's, but then left right after. but I did see someone comment that Tag wasnt on due to what he had recently been thru.

so I texted him last night. asking if everything was ok.... about 2 hours later, I get a text back from him saying "I'm recovering from my heart attack this morning".

I'm thinking.... OMG WTF BBQ!!!! running every situation (except this one apparently) thru my mind. All I could think of was Tag sitting in a hospital bed with a laptop and his cell phone hooked up to an EKG machine.

So I called him this afternoon.... to make sure everythings ok. and he tells me about this thread (as he giggled like a school girl) and everything that had gone down. when he told me, I literally had goosebumps running up and down my arms cus I was so excited for him.

Apparently, once you get 10,000 posts on this forum, you are entitled to a "special" camaro. guess I better get back to work. cus I want a Green Z28.... so that would mean.... 20,000 posts... 10k for green 10k for Z28... crap. thats it im never logging off this site again.

Doug. Congrats man. if anyone says that you dont deserve this car, I'll falcon punch them in the back of the face. all the hard work that you have done behind the scenes and out in front of things is truly remarkable. But you do know that after you pick the car up, you have to drive down the coast to Charleston and we gotta go for a ride before you head back to texas. Cus I want a picture in the first CGM Camaro

Congrats again buddy.

That was hilarious! I honestly thought you had seen this thread and heard the news. Your text was set up in such a way that I could have never mistaken it for something different.

That was great to hear the excitement in your voice...hehe...now, multiply that by...oh...a few billion....and you know how I felt!!!...shoot...and STILL feel! Thanks for the congrats. And, I sure hope you get hooked up w/ that green Z28 you wish for. All the plans are a go...now, we are just waiting on GM. C'mon, GM....don't let us down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
Congrats to you TAG! You are going to be completely thrilled with the CGM!

I saw it for the first time on a Z-06 at our GM Plant's Celebration on it's 70th birthday and while celebrating GMs 100th Anniversary late last summer... what an awesome color indeed!

As far as documentation it would be great if you could have the "Mole" or someone else from the plant take a few photos of your Camaro while if it is still at the plant. Even if it is outside in the holding area. Perhaps some of the plants personnel might want to sign your trunk or even under the hood on the engine cover... which are great areas. Another great area to get some signatures would be on the inside of the gas cover too. Perhaps at the dealership your sales person could be ready with a camera in hand to get your arrival coming in and on the car carrier. Make sure they don't fold the Window Sticker up when they take it off the window.

BTW: If you are lucky enough to have the very first Regular CGM Production Camaro you should be able to get a letter of "Authenticity" from someone in GM similar to the one below. Just PM me for more great ideas and tips.
Yeah...I'd LOVE that documentation. As you saw what I said, it's that important to me. I only wish they could sign the inside of the trunk lid...but I think that might not be possible. Grrrr.....

Now...for a certificate of authenticity...I think something like that might be able to be taken care of. THAT would be cool. Tom Henry is also delivering my SS and I'm sure WITHOUT a doubt that everything will be perfect...from pictures of it rolling off the truck to the window sticker being left on the window for me.

And for all the folks that have offered the congrats and have mentioned something about, "it couldn't have gone to a better guy..." or, "you were deserving".....

:(

......that really means something to me. ....honestly.....

..................................thank you.

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #200
Marc NY
GM Powered!

Drives: SSR & An SS Camaro Next?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
... Tom Henry is also delivering my SS and I'm sure WITHOUT a doubt that everything will be perfect...from pictures of it rolling off the truck to the window sticker being left on the window for me.
I know you live in the great land of Texas... but I thought you should know that there is at least a couple of great plates waiting for you up here in NY if you decided to move up here that is.
Attached Images

Marc NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #201
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
Congrats to you Tag!! Very well deserved. Can't wait to see pictures of when you take delivery, I'm sure you will post them all

Also got the word this week that another CGM will be coming to a Texas owner as well. My order was pulled Thursday. Not sure what number I will be of the 190, but I'm just glad that I held out for what I wanted.

Again, CONGRATS TAG!!!!
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #202
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Where are the pictures?? The car is probably built by now.. Where is that Mole guy??
Old 04-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #203
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
someone go to Oshawa
Old 04-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #204
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Been away from the board and missed this, but I wanted to stick my head in and congratulate Tag for getting the first CGM. Having to mod all the stuff that flies around here from time to time, he certainly earned it.

Way to go!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #205
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Geez, I wasn't attacking anything, I just wondered why there were so many posts/threads about CGM.
Nah i agree with you...i see CGM on a traverse and it just seemed like plain old charcoal grey to me...old news...up close it looks real nice with the blue specs but u cant see them unless your, well, up close! I mean dont get me wrong its still a nice color and I ordered in SIM which is just a plain old silver...but yea i guess because it hasnt been seen, there is so much hype...

to each his own!

Last edited by NightmareSS; 04-05-2009 at 02:25 PM.
NightmareSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #206
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
This is the LAST color we haven't been shown so we are ancy to see it
Old 04-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #207
mike302

Drives: 1969 RS Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to mike302
Is CGM the same gray thats on the 2009 Z06? I have a friend with one and it looks really nice.
mike302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #208
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
Is CGM the same gray thats on the 2009 Z06? I have a friend with one and it looks really nice.
Yes it is the same, supposedly however it is possible the mix will be slightly different between plants...at this point none of us know so we are all waiting for the pics..
Old 04-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #209
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

That was hilarious! I honestly thought you had seen this thread and heard the news. Your text was set up in such a way that I could have never mistaken it for something different.

That was great to hear the excitement in your voice...hehe...now, multiply that by...oh...a few billion....and you know how I felt!!!...shoot...and STILL feel! Thanks for the congrats. And, I sure hope you get hooked up w/ that green Z28 you wish for. All the plans are a go...now, we are just waiting on GM. C'mon, GM....don't let us down!
I seriously thought you were in the hospital with a laptop and your cell phone. then again, when I log onto the site, I have my browser setup to go straight to the forums instead of thru the main page. Congrats again buddy.

so you are swinging down here on the way back right?

oh....I just thought of something.... pm will be sent.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:27 AM   #210
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
TAG, I just realized that I haven't congratulated you yet...so, CONGRATULATIOINS!!!

Hey, when your dispatcher calls for you, is your new ID going to be, "Unit 2352"?
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote