Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Phdpsy

Drives: SW 2013 1LE
Swapping over to Moutul RBF600....question

As I understand it, the 1LE fluid for the brakes and clutch utilize a single resivoir source. So to switch to a high performance fluid, what all,is involved? I'm used to vehicles with separate systems, so swapping brake fluid was easy. Car will be arriving Monday and this is among my first changes to make. Thanks.
Phdpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I got my clutch res.from JDP performance
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Got mine from JDP also.
As I understand it, the brake system is your typical bleed the brakes and change the fluid. Once the separate clutch reservoir is installed, the only way to bleed the clutch system is through a bleeder that is only accessible behind the bell housing so what most do is use a turkey baster to suck out as much as they can and replace the fluid with the good stuff.
Maybe if needed someone else can chime in with the actual approach to take as my car has not arrived yet so Im not an authority
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdpsy View Post
As I understand it, the 1LE fluid for the brakes and clutch utilize a single resivoir source. So to switch to a high performance fluid, what all,is involved? I'm used to vehicles with separate systems, so swapping brake fluid was easy. Car will be arriving Monday and this is among my first changes to make. Thanks.

If you do not separate the clutch, you can bleed the brakes till the new fluid flows, start with the furthest bake first. You can press the clutch peddle about 30 times and that will cycle some of the oem fluid. That should get about 90%

EDIT: What part of Louisiana are you in?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #5
Phdpsy

Drives: SW 2013 1LE
Thanks for the initial thoughts. Why they made it a complicated process and overlapping system resivoirs is still strange to me. I'll also look into the JDP product.

tramtwo: I'm in Central Louisiana, just North of Alexandria
Phdpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
If you want to piece the kit out yourself, here's what you need. The EPDM BMW hose is long enough for two kits. So if you have a buddy order the stuff together. This is what I used

NAPA 660-1698 EPDM bypass caps
BMW cloth covered brake hose 21521163714 $7.77 + $11.50 SH from bmwpartsweb.com
GM Hydraulic Clutch Reservoir 92065790
hose clamps
Old 02-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
Pima

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs/1le vr.
fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LeSS View Post
Got mine from JDP also.
As I understand it, the brake system is your typical bleed the brakes and change the fluid. Once the separate clutch reservoir is installed, the only way to bleed the clutch system is through a bleeder that is only accessible behind the bell housing so what most do is use a turkey baster to suck out as much as they can and replace the fluid with the good stuff.
Maybe if needed someone else can chime in with the actual approach to take as my car has not arrived yet so Im not an authority
will it hurt the system to replace the fluid with the moutul rbf600 and not remove all the old fluid?
Pima is offline   Reply With Quote