Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #29
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
...all are valid points and/or concerns...

Again, assuming you don't have to do ANYTHING but pay for, and enjoy, worry-free if adult-driven, an LS7 or LSA or a 350-horse 3.6, who'd be genuinely interested, near-term? With options to make it a very distinctive Package, with suitable resale value-added...and serviceable in 50 States, 10 Provinces, and a few Territories...

As to the "how's" and "why's", those WILL be properly addressed, and appropriately marketed.

Feel free to PM me, as several have already done, if you prefer.

Oh, and the V6 Package will start @ $2995...fully supported...
Given what you proposed you'd do with the packages (i.e. headers, CB, etc.) I could probably get away with just driving, lol.

What you propose is very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
He won't be able to clarify because his sales pitch relies on being mysterious. Nothing he is talking about is part of GM or a GM dealership like the COPO cars of 40 years ago. He's using the word COPO as a sales tool to make you think of high dollar, rare cars of 40 years ago that have nothing to do with GM today.

He's simply advertising his aftermarket, GM powertrain voiding products. Which is fine, but he should be upfront about it.
Okay - I haven't PM'd the OP yet, however, I ask we just give him a little room to hear what he's thinking about and may be offering. Though I can totally understand your comments, let's not jump to conclusions. If we can seek service at any dealer and such, this may turn out to be legit.

Let's not sell him short yet

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #30
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Lowdown, is it 3 grand to jump the v6 45 hp? or am i confused with the package?
Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, im just a little confused thats all
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #31
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Lowdown, is it 3 grand to jump the v6 45 hp? or am i confused with the package?
Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, im just a little confused thats all
He supposedly already has prices (which leads to supposed parts and work performed) for a packages he's just 'gauging interest' in.

This smells like an awful sales pitch.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #32
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
TJ, these are "projected prices", subject to final validations for 50-State/Canadian emissions, and widely-administered warranty. In fact, 375-400 IS "possible" with a few more mods...and a few more dollars. The monies $aved on insurance, along with a lower curb weight, should make the V6 Package "very interesting"...

Awfully "viable", gauged by the PMs, and engineering results so far...

Imagine being part of a "focus group", without leaving the comfort of your computer desktop or notebook...

"Stay tuned..."
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #33
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Of course we are interested, the way you are saying it reminds me of get rich fast pyramid schemes though.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:01 PM   #34
DRK

Drives: 2007 Harley Davidson F-250
If this truly is a modern-day reincarnation of the COPO cars of lore, then I think you'll find more than a few interested buyers here.

I'd be interested in purchasing an LS7 RS/SS this coming spring, but only if this is truly a COPO deal, with full factory GM warranty serviceable at any GM dealer. I'm not talking about a warranty program where the charges are covered by an aftermarket company, I mean factory GM warranty.
DRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #35
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
He supposedly already has prices (which leads to supposed parts and work performed) for a packages he's just 'gauging interest' in.

This smells like an awful sales pitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Of course we are interested, the way you are saying it reminds me of get rich fast pyramid schemes though.
Again - please reserve decisions until we have more information. One has to admit, this is certainly an impressive idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRK View Post
If this truly is a modern-day reincarnation of the COPO cars of lore, then I think you'll find more than a few interested buyers here.

I'd be interested in purchasing an LS7 RS/SS this coming spring, but only if this is truly a COPO deal, with full factory GM warranty serviceable at any GM dealer. I'm not talking about a warranty program where the charges are covered by an aftermarket company, I mean factory GM warranty.
I'd LOVE to say I own a 5th. Gen. COPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
TJ, these are "projected prices", subject to final validations for 50-State/Canadian emissions, and widely-administered warranty. In fact, 375-400 IS "possible" with a few more mods...and a few more dollars. The monies $aved on insurance, along with a lower curb weight, should make the V6 Package "very interesting"...

Awfully "viable", gauged by the PMs, and engineering results so far...

Imagine being part of a "focus group", without leaving the comfort of your computer desktop or notebook...

"Stay tuned..."
Count me in, lol! It keeps getting more interesting

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #36
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6

another one with the thinly veiled sales pitch and throwing out Camaro buzzwords like COPO, Z28, LSA, LS7 to a bunch of rabid dogs like us.

Can you guys cut the cloak and dagger and show me a car in my local dealer ready to go with a 3/36 warranty minimum. Then maybe I'll believe you're not stoking us with vaporware....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:35 PM   #37
alrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post

another one with the thinly veiled sales pitch and throwing out Camaro buzzwords like COPO, Z28, LSA, LS7 to a bunch of rabid dogs like us.

Can you guys cut the cloak and dagger and show me a car in my local dealer ready to go with a 3/36 warranty minimum. Then maybe I'll believe you're not stoking us with vaporware....
The more "'s he uses around words in his sales pitch the less facts he presents.

COPO died 40 years ago and just because the car looks vaguely like the one 40 years ago doesn't mean the same business practices will exist today that made those cars possible.

This is pure smoke and mirrors.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #38
DRK

Quote:
The more "'s he uses around words in his sales pitch the less facts he presents.

COPO died 40 years ago and just because the car looks vaguely like the one 40 years ago doesn't mean the same business practices will exist today that made those cars possible.

This is pure smoke and mirrors.
I'm willing to bet that if this is something semi-official, it's going to be a dealer-offered special package through GMPP. They already offer the individual components he's discussing, why is a package with warranty so far out of the question?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #39
alrox

Quote:
I'm willing to bet that if this is something semi-official, it's going to be a dealer-offered special package through GMPP. They already offer the individual components he's discussing, why is a package with warranty so far out of the question?
No car as far back as any of us can remember has had an engine swap with a factory warranty. The engines have to be certified and no changing of certain parts can occur(smog, emissions laws, etc). It is 100% not feasible from an OEM standpoint.

Now what he is proposing is fine with an after market scenario, but he needs to be up front about that.

Do not believe this hype.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #40
davidj

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post

Put up or shut up!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #41
DRK

Quote:
No car as far back as any of us can remember has had an engine swap with a factory warranty. The engines have to be certified and no changing of certain parts can occur(smog, emissions laws, etc). It is 100% not feasible from an OEM standpoint.

Now what he is proposing is fine with an after market scenario, but he needs to be up front about that.

Do not believe this hype.
Chrysler has done a similar deal with no warranty with the J8 MilSpec by American Expeditionary Vehicles. It is an Egyptian military Jeep not available in the US.

http://jalopnik.com/5201252/aev-j8-m...-for-civilians

AEV takes delivery of the parts, assembles them into a complete rolling chassis, then they are taken to a Chrysler dealership, and recieve either a 5.7L Hemi V-8 or 2.8L diesel fourbanger. The dealership itself is then titled as the manufacturer.

The only difference between the AEV Jeep and what is being discussed here is the warranty, which doesn't sound out of the question if GMPP or a GM division is doing what AEV has done, because it is then all "in-house"
Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #42
alrox

Quote:
Chrysler has done a similar deal with no warranty with the J8 MilSpec by American Expeditionary Vehicles. It is an Egyptian military Jeep not available in the US.

http://jalopnik.com/5201252/aev-j8-m...-for-civilians

AEV takes delivery of the parts, assembles them into a complete rolling chassis, then they are taken to a Chrysler dealership, and recieve either a 5.7L Hemi V-8 or 2.8L diesel fourbanger. The dealership itself is then titled as the manufacturer.

The only difference between the AEV Jeep and what is being discussed here is the warranty, which doesn't sound out of the question if GMPP or a GM division is doing what AEV has done, because it is then all "in-house"
1. 100% aftermarket with no warranty from Chrysler.
2. Not sold in the US.
3. Only making 120 of them? May as well not even bother.