Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
N6504X

Drives: 2007 F-150 KR
Our Camaro caused an accident on Memorial Day

We took delivery on Saturday on #8813, which shipped 5/13. Everything about the car exceeds our lofty expectations! We were at the dealership, and in the 45 minutes that the car was under the showroom pavillion, it drew quite a crowd. Our first drive home on I-55 was an adventure with people braking hard, changing lanes, taking cellphone pictures, hanging out of their windows in the rain....

But Monday morning took the cake.

The car is for my 21 year old son, but since he was going back to Virginia with it on Monday, I took the opportunity to spend some quality time with my investment while he was sleeping.
Took it to the gym at 5 am, parked out of the way. But at 6:30, while sitting in a left turn lane, a guy in an older Chevy pickup towing a jonboat turned in front of me and slammed on his brakes. His jaw dropped and he grabbed the guy in the passenger seat with his right hand while pointing through his open window at the car with his left. I was looking right at him when suddenly he lurched forward and his neck did this kind of whiplash thing. The guy behind him had run into his outboard boat motor! So the guy in the truck beside me leans out of his truck and looks behind him and yells, "Sh!t, Larry!!" and I hear the guy behind him yelling back at him, and I can't really make out what he is saying, but I assume it was something along the lines of "Excuse me, but I was rather surprised when you stopped in the middle of an accelerating turn." Or whatever a redneck fisherman would say when he just rammed his F-150 into the back of his friend's fishing boat.
So anyway, the guy floors his old truck and drives off, pulling that old boat with the new custom propeller and his buddy right behind him swearing at him through his windshield....

And I felt guilty.... ok, not really - it was GREAT!
Attached Images

N6504X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
LOL ... good story .. glad no one was hurt ..

Crowley
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I knew this would happen eventually!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
LOL cool story. One day I was driving my vette and this 18 wheeler was right up next to me for a while. So when I was like hum I looked up and saw that the driver was NOT looking at the road he was hanging half way thru his cab looking down at my rims thru the passenger window with just his left hand on the wheel and was drooling.

Scared the hell out of me lol.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
sir5er

Drives: 2SS 2010 Camaro, 2007 Acura TL
Cool for the accident! Nice no one was hurt

I can totally believe that because I'm having the same affect on people. Not quite to the extreme as an accident but lucky for you that you can say that. As long as no one was hurt. Because of me being the first one to get a camaro in Colorado Springs, EVERYWHERE I go I have caused quite an attraction. I went to 7eleven and there was construction going on and every construction worker stopped what they were doing and came over to my car and took pics with their camaras and phones. They even asked me to open the hood. They asked me all about the car and I was able to answer every question about it. They were quite impressed coming from a girl. I've never known shit about a car up until now. I've always given the dealers and salesman info on the car they didn't even know about. My husband questioned on how it would look for a 42 year old woman to be driving around in a muscle car with my windows down and music blaring. I think it looks pretty awesome. It's better than a face lift any day!
sir5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Since I got mine I have been seeing flashes coming from every angle on the road. Especially on the highway. I mean the car is like a celebrity on wheels.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6504X View Post
So the guy in the truck beside me leans out of his truck and looks behind him and yells, "Sh!t, Larry!!" and I hear the guy behind him yelling back at him, and I can't really make out what he is saying, but I assume it was something along the lines of "Excuse me, but I was rather surprised when you stopped in the middle of an accelerating turn." Or whatever a redneck fisherman would say when he just rammed his F-150 into the back of his friend's fishing boat.
So anyway, the guy floors his old truck and drives off, pulling that old boat with the new custom propeller and his buddy right behind him swearing at him through his windshield....
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
sir5er

Drives: 2SS 2010 Camaro, 2007 Acura TL
GOTTA LOVE IT!
sir5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
At least nobody was hurt. The Sky caused a guy in a SUV to miss a turn once and he rolled it several times. All because he was looking at our "really nice car".
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Good story, sad but funny. People in my town can't drive a lick, i am going to be driving very defensive at first when i get mine. I do hope I get it in time for some rock star treatment though. I'm prob still a month or so away but i live in a fairly small town even though i'm very close to charlotte,nc. So I'm still holding hope I might get the first one in my little town.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #11
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Buy ME a new camaro Dad!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #12
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Nice! Pwned!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
soverydeb

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Blk/Blk
that is freaking hilarious!!!!
soverydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #14
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
very nice lookin car....good story aswell