Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 01-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
Corsec

Drives: 2010 2ss
Good night for me!!! headed home from work and got call from dealer saying my interior trim kit had come in! picked it up, met the fam for dinner, got home to find my Hurst shifter and skip shift eliminator on my doorstep! Gonna be a long night in the garage!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #16
Corsec

Ok all you guys who put in the hurst short throw shifter you really need to mention how unbelievably fun the car is to drive afterwards! If you would have told me I would double the fun I would have called you a liar! Its like a whole new car all over again! Install went great took about two hours at a very leisurely pace so that we didn't mess anything up. We skipped the part of the instructions that said to lower the tranny, wasn't necessary. We did slide the heat shield back out of the way though, this isn't mentioned in the instructions and isn't necessary, but much more convienent. Also got the Skip shift eliminator installed. Started the project at 10:00 and were done at midnight. Took her out for a test drive and had a ball, had to take the garden hose to it at 12:30 though due to all the crap on our roads right now. Dreamed about driving it, thats how much fun it is! You have to put a short throw in your car! As far as the noise people have complained about, the Hurst definatly trasmits more sound from the tranny when you get on it. I personally like it, its not loud just there and adds to the growl of the exhaust. Also the shifting is much more positive, you know with out a doubt when she goes into gear, click, click, click 100mph shut her down. Pics attached, if they are to big let me know, I am new to the forum and don't know if you guys like smaller sizes or larger sizes on pictures. Also attached pics of the blackout on my bowtie with carbon fiber tape from O'Reilly's auto parts. Will start interior trim install tonite!

For an Idea of how short the throw is now the pics below are in 1st gear!

Bowtie

Thanks camaro5! I love all the ideas on this board! Makes it easy to make the car "mine"!

Last edited by Corsec; 01-20-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Corsec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
Looks great cortec! Maybe its because I didn't read all the way through, but what does your new trim look like? Have any pics? I may just have to wait till Feb but thought I could see early
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #18
Corsec

Haven't done the trim yet, still reading on modifying the cockpit lighting so That I get it the way I want it the first time. Will definetly post pics of interior when done!
Old 11-02-2014, 10:10 AM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Stan, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #20
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
Thumbs up

Welcome!!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #21
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
This thread was resurrected from a 4 year sleep!
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, grind, shifter, supercharger, usb