Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #43
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
No problem! This site has helped me in sooo many ways the least I can do is put a DIY up for this. I didn't see anyone who had one so I snapped a few pics and wrote one up. I tried to be as detailed as possible. Hope it helps!
Did the fuse pull today. Took about 10 mins. No rips or tears. Now it sounds like the 60's big block muscle cars sounded all the time ...you gotta love it ! Drone not a factor.

I would add to the instructns to use a trim tool to remove the top passngr side rivet, and after unscrewing the cargo net covers from the trunk trim ,to pull the trunk trim panel down a little & out on the passngr side to enable pulling out the passngr side carpet panel from behind it to give you clear access to the fuse box. Thanks again.
CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
20" Nitto Redlines, Rocket Muscle Boosters w/knockoff spinners,
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #44
icalfan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Great mod. I love the new sound. Quick and easy.
icalfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #45
sanjoes1969

Drives: Drives:2013 ZL1 BLK M6
Fuse Pull..

Just did it went way easy 10min tops. Will be driving more today got a long ways to go :( picked it up yesterday and only have 135 mi. on it. Well gota go going for a drive

Name:  2013-02-05_12-48-35_323.jpg
Views: 4863
Size:  83.4 KB
sanjoes1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #46
imorales
The Black Beast

Drives: 2012 SS2/RS package
sorry guys ...i have a 2012 ss2/rs automatic w paddle shifters. i notice the exhaust sound louder on certain days. does mine have the fuse pull option?
imorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #47
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by imorales View Post
sorry guys ...i have a 2012 ss2/rs automatic w paddle shifters. i notice the exhaust sound louder on certain days. does mine have the fuse pull option?
I don't think so as i beleive it is only an option for manual V8s. The option code would appear as NPP on your sticker.
CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
Old 03-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #48
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Did the fuse pull today. Took about 10 mins. No rips or tears. Now it sounds like the 60's big block muscle cars sounded all the time ...you gotta love it ! Drone not a factor.

I would add to the instructns to use a trim tool to remove the top passngr side rivet, and after unscrewing the cargo net covers from the trunk trim ,to pull the trunk trim panel down a little & out on the passngr side to enable pulling out the passngr side carpet panel from behind it to give you clear access to the fuse box. Thanks again.
No problem! I've learned many things on the camaro5.com forum and this is the easiest way I could do to give back. I searched around once I had the NPP on my vehicle and couldn't find any answers so I created this for anyone that had the same issue. Glad everything worked out!

I'll add the trim tool as a tool you can use, I never used one/dont own one so I didn't include it. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icalfan View Post
Great mod. I love the new sound. Quick and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoes1969 View Post
Just did it went way easy 10min tops. Will be driving more today got a long ways to go :( picked it up yesterday and only have 135 mi. on it. Well gota go going for a drive

Attachment 477244
NICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imorales View Post
Unfortunately, the only model to feature the NPP exhaust in 2012 was the ZL1. It comes in the MY2013 models as an option but is stock for 2012+ ZL1s
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #49
SKANLEZ

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Sorry for the noob question, but pulling this fuze will make my exhaust sound better? Wth!! I need to do this hahahaha. I have a 2010 SS 6 Speed, so this would benefit my exhaust sound?

Mods

Custom Hood
Black Rear Berger Panel
Magna Flow Exhaust
Hurst short shifter
ADM cold air intake
Pedders Drop Springs (1.0/1.5)
Niche Apex Wheels 20x10.5 all around 35+ offset
315/35/20 rear and 275/40/20 front tires
Red Calipers
SKANLEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #50
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKANLEZ View Post
Sorry for the noob question, but pulling this fuze will make my exhaust sound better? Wth!! I need to do this hahahaha. I have a 2010 SS 6 Speed, so this would benefit my exhaust sound?
NO The fuse pull is only for SSs with the NPP exhaust option ( which only became avaialabe in the '13 SS models).
Appearance:
Old 03-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #51
SKANLEZ

So my car doesn't have the NPP?

Mods

Custom Hood
Black Rear Berger Panel
Magna Flow Exhaust
Hurst short shifter
ADM cold air intake
Red Calipers
Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #52
SKANLEZ

Or you mean, pull my fuze out cause its just the thing to do to make my car sound more amazing?

Mods

Custom Hood
Black Rear Berger Panel
Magna Flow Exhaust
Hurst short shifter
ADM cold air intake
Red Calipers
Old 03-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #53
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKANLEZ View Post
So my car doesn't have the NPP?
Your car does not have the NPP exhaust. Don't know if it even has a fuse in the same postion in the fuse box ...even if it does it wouldn't be for the exhaust so by pulling it
it would only result in negative consequences.
Appearance:
Old 03-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #54
SKANLEZ

:( thanks

Mods

Custom Hood
Black Rear Berger Panel
Magna Flow Exhaust
Hurst short shifter
ADM cold air intake
Red Calipers
Old 03-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #55
Durok

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible *0986
Trim Tool for fuse pull

These are a must have when removing body trim. Did the F8 exhaust fuse pull and these saved the day.
http://www.centurytool.net/4_pc_Door...p/kdt84050.htm
Durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #56
Chi-One

Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Just did this today.
Thanks to the OP!