Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #85
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
How 'bout you clowns quit the bickering? "My johnson is bigger than your johnson blah blah blah". Let it go or find another forum, geez.

Someone's always faster, tough guys...
Correcting false information again as you can see. it's not a pissing match more of an educational dispute in which one party has the wrong information and must be corrected.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #86
Koru

Drives: 201? Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
How 'bout you clowns quit the bickering? "My johnson is bigger than your johnson blah blah blah". Let it go or find another forum, geez.

Someone's always faster, tough guys...
:upset:
Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #87
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Jeez...Mr. Maxx is establishing a baseline for mods he's spending money to develop for the V-6. I'll go out on a limb and say the numbers he has posted are going up in the very near future, and I'd place a great deal of confidence in the results.

Not knowing much about operating a dyno, I will say that I like his technique. At least he did describe his dyno of choice as being the heartbreaker. Why don't you all run together on the same machine? Seems that would make things pretty even.

Lots of things can make subtle differences. He stressed the humidity. It was a fairly warm day. The car was sitting on 20's. The car isn't fully run in yet and is pulling a rich mixture, which would possibly change as the computer settled in.

Instead, he's already spent the money to install a supercharger. *Ahem*...bet his V-6 is going to pull higher numbers than just about everyone else's once it's dialed in...for a while.

I'm not going to race him.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #88
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Can't wait to see his numbers climb...MadMaxx is gonna lead the pack.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #89
dacm99

Drives: V-6 DI CTS Caddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
Caddy guys guys proximately 31rwhp on their M6 car w/ catback and CAI. Tune and LT's would *really* help this motor.

54rwhp may be a tall order, but 40ish should be possible.... either way, lots of potential in this little gem.
I have the CTS caddy with the V6 DI. I was hoping the new camaro guys would have some sites or know of any companies who are tunning this motor. ??
dacm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #90
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacm99 View Post
I have the CTS caddy with the V6 DI. I was hoping the new camaro guys would have some sites or know of any companies who are tunning this motor. ??
i would love to see the v6 get as much attention as the v8 but we all know that wont happen.
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 PM   #91
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post

Stock s197's run 13.5 all day and actually do put down 260-270rwhp. i get my numbers from real life where are you getting yours from, when have you ever seen a low 14 sec s197? lmao

p.s: that link you provided just confirmed everything i have said lol thanx
Good for them, I guess I just wasn't seeing them in the multiple posts I was reading on the mustang forums. And yes, I've seen low 14 second GT's... when I was looking at buying one back in 05'. Then again, I'm not around them on a daily basis, you own one so obviously you're more in touch with the community. Ask me about Supras or Vipers, my two main hobbies up until now, and I'd be happy to fill your head full of my real world experiences with them

Regardless, my point still very much stands -- 8% drive line loss is NOT the norm. All bringing up a specific car (in this case, mustangs) has shown is that they're either far underrating their motors, or people are continually manipulating the numbers. Odd that there are such wildly variant numbers from both vendors and individuals on the platform though... that kind of deviation isn't normally seen in a high numbers production vehicle.

Feel free to post up the numbers on your '10 if you ever get it done, I'd love to start a pool of metric collection going.
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #92
rays
V6 - It just isn't normal

Drives: 2010 2LT M6, F250 7.3L Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacm99 View Post
Go check out http://www.d3cadillac.com/

I asked them if they will be developing anything for the Camaro...

So far.... Crickets..

2LT RS M6 RJT Black leather
4/29/2009 Ordered
6/24 6000 Delivered
rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #93
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rays View Post
Go check out http://www.d3cadillac.com/

I asked them if they will be developing anything for the Camaro...

So far.... Crickets..
i just looked at the CAI from them its not that expensive.
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #94
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Good for them, I guess I just wasn't seeing them in the multiple posts I was reading on the mustang forums. And yes, I've seen low 14 second GT's... when I was looking at buying one back in 05'. Then again, I'm not around them on a daily basis, you own one so obviously you're more in touch with the community. Ask me about Supras or Vipers, my two main hobbies up until now, and I'd be happy to fill your head full of my real world experiences with them

Regardless, my point still very much stands -- 8% drive line loss is NOT the norm. All bringing up a specific car (in this case, mustangs) has shown is that they're either far underrating their motors, or people are continually manipulating the numbers. Odd that there are such wildly variant numbers from both vendors and individuals on the platform though... that kind of deviation isn't normally seen in a high numbers production vehicle.

Feel free to post up the numbers on your '10 if you ever get it done, I'd love to start a pool of metric collection going.

Yes they are continually manipulating the numbers bro that must be it, wow why did i even try, you wont accept truth. have a goodnight.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #95
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Like someone already said, Dyno numbers are one thing and track times are another.

I'm ready to see what the V6 does at the drag strip. I would love to see a video of one going down the track in stock form and then start adding on the mods so we can see what these things can really do.

I'm still up in the air on buying the V6 (which is better suited for a daily driver & affordabilty) or feeding my mid-life crisis with some big cojones.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:25 AM   #96
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
No, it isn't. 8% loss is greater than any production car, ever.

f you want to compare apples to apples... at 8% driveline loss, an SS camaro @ 426bhp should be damn near breaking the 400rwhp mark out of the box (392rwhp at 8%). As well all know, it doesn't

Feel free to find me examples of this though...provided you actually understand the metric of which you are posting...which as of right now, you don't seem to be getting.
2002 Camaro SS making 301hp. Rated 325. That's 9%. http://www.dragtimes.com/2002-Chevro...aphs-9026.html
Another one making 302hp. 9% http://gmhightechperformance.automot...ade/index.html

These Mustangs wouldn't be the first car in history to come out under rated.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:24 AM   #97
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
2002 Camaro SS making 301hp. Rated 325. That's 9%. http://www.dragtimes.com/2002-Chevro...aphs-9026.html
Another one making 302hp. 9% http://gmhightechperformance.automot...ade/index.html

These Mustangs wouldn't be the first car in history to come out under rated.
he is just going to deny anything you said, because in his world it's impossible, and they manipulated the numbers.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:04 AM   #98
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Well atleast MADMAXX is giving us the honest and ugly truth.

MM, are you going to run the 1/4 before doing any mods?

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote