Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #183
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
In case you missed it PQ, I started with "As I understand it"...just relaying what was reported last year.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
On another subject...did any of you guys see the Baylor/TCU game? That's awesome for Baylor! I couldn't watch it over here in Iraq, everything is packed up because we are headed home soon.
I missed the entire season of the Bills first Super Bowl because I was over there. We didn't even have internet back then. That place is not very football freindly. I can't believe it's been 20 years.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #184
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplhester View Post
I'm a huge OU fan but I always pull for the other big 12 teams if they aren't playing Oklahoma. Yes I even root for Texas lol
I do the same but only because of 'Crazy Whacky SEC guy'.

We all have our fans that annoy the hell out of others. So I understand it's everywhere. But I just laugh when I see so many here TOTALY believe the SEC hype.

The more vocal SEC fan here (the vocal ones are the ones who give the bad name) believe.... I mean honestly believe..... that if Texas, OU, USC, Ohio St, etc.... came to the SEC they'd lose 5 games a year. AND that if a top SEC team went to ANY other conference that they'd go undefeated 4 out of 5 seasons.

As is evidence of the earlier Vanderbilt comment. I've had arguments with guys who put Kentucky and Vandy on par Miss. St. with A&M and Okie St and Nebraska (when UN was still there).

Just last week I was told that Kentucky could win the Big 12 once every four years and be second or no less than third most of the time.

I know that there are dilusional fans everywhere and it's been 25 years since I lived in Big 12 (Big 8) country so I guess we have them over there too, but it's comical to watch some of these guys talk.

One thing I can gaurantee you is the SEC corners the market in cool-aid drinking 'We are the best' fans. They here someone on ESPN or a game announcer say that the SEC is the best conference and the announcers talk about speed and they add to that and it's all over. The fantasy grows. I've even seen level headed normaly objective thinking people fall into the mix.

I'm not saying the SEC isn't the best. I will say they aren't the best every year. Just many. They conveniently overlook many of the fact and use their tunnel vision to filter all the pro SEC stuff and it turns my stomache.

Pull up any school with any history of football and start listing their accolades and you'll see what I mean. I can list OUs records and achievements and it looks like OU is the best football program ever to take the feild. But other schools have equally impressive stats. I see it for what it is.

One of the things you typically will here is SEC fan make this statement.....

"You gotta watch SEC football"
"If you watched the SEC"
"SEC is just different, you gotta watch to understand"
"You don't watch SEC football"

Problem is that these crazy whacky fans DON'T WATCH ANYTHING BUT SEC football.

Problem is THEY don't watch the REST. They watch the SEC and that's it. Listen to the announcer swoon all over the SEC teams and players and then add to the dilusion. They don't notice that the announcers are TRAINED to do that. And do that with ALL the other conferences too.

I'ts funny, I've seen it a thousand times where the announcer will say something good about the SEC or an SEC player and they'll lap it up like a thirsty dog and the announcers will say the same things about other conferences and players and they'll criticise the announcer. I've actually noticed on occasion where the SAME announcer is an 'Idiot' one day and smart as a whip the next week when he does an SEC game.

:upset:

Ok. So I had a client come in this morning and set me off.

80% of SEC fans 'Get it' but the 20% who don't, give the rest a bad rep. And it's that way in every conference. But it's REALLY bad in the SEC.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #185
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
So happy to see the season has finally started and the smack talking is in full swing! GO GATORS!!!

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #186
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

LSU is going DOWN today
Old 09-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #187
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

80% of SEC fans 'Get it'
I think you are being pretty generous with that number.....

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #188
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Ok Michigan defense
Still looks bad?...first
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #189
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplhester View Post
I'm a huge OU fan but I always pull for the other big 12 teams if they aren't playing Oklahoma. Yes I even root for Texas lol
Same here....Team first, conference second

Quote:
The more vocal SEC fan here (the vocal ones are the ones who give the bad name) believe.... I mean honestly believe..... that if Texas, OU, USC, Ohio St, etc.... came to the SEC they'd lose 5 games a year. AND that if a top SEC team went to ANY other conference that they'd go undefeated 4 out of 5 seasons.

As is evidence of the earlier Vanderbilt comment. I've had arguments with guys who put Kentucky and Vandy on par Miss. St. with A&M and Okie St and Nebraska (when UN was still there).

Just last week I was told that Kentucky could win the Big 12 once every four years and be second or no less than third most of the time.

I know that there are dilusional fans everywhere and it's been 25 years since I lived in Big 12 (Big 8) country so I guess we have them over there too, but it's comical to watch some of these guys talk.
Jeez PQ, it must suck to be a BIG XII fan in the heart of SEC country. I don't envy what you must put up with on a daily basis.
NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #190
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
I do the same but only because of 'Crazy Whacky SEC guy'.

We all have our fans that annoy the hell out of others. So I understand it's everywhere. But I just laugh when I see so many here TOTALY believe the SEC hype.

One thing I can gaurantee you is the SEC corners the market in cool-aid drinking 'We are the best' fans. They here someone on ESPN or a game announcer say that the SEC is the best conference and the announcers talk about speed and they add to that and it's all over. The fantasy grows. I've even seen level headed normaly objective thinking people fall into the mix.

I'm not saying the SEC isn't the best. I will say they aren't the best every year. Just many. They conveniently overlook many of the fact and use their tunnel vision to filter all the pro SEC stuff and it turns my stomache.

Pull up any school with any history of football and start listing their accolades and you'll see what I mean. I can list OUs records and achievements and it looks like OU is the best football program ever to take the feild. But other schools have equally impressive stats. I see it for what it is.

One of the things you typically will here is SEC fan make this statement.....

"You gotta watch SEC football"
"If you watched the SEC"
"SEC is just different, you gotta watch to understand"
"You don't watch SEC football"

Problem is that these crazy whacky fans DON'T WATCH ANYTHING BUT SEC football.

Problem is THEY don't watch the REST. They watch the SEC and that's it. Listen to the announcer swoon all over the SEC teams and players and then add to the dilusion. They don't notice that the announcers are TRAINED to do that. And do that with ALL the other conferences too.

I'ts funny, I've seen it a thousand times where the announcer will say something good about the SEC or an SEC player and they'll lap it up like a thirsty dog and the announcers will say the same things about other conferences and players and they'll criticise the announcer. I've actually noticed on occasion where the SAME announcer is an 'Idiot' one day and smart as a whip the next week when he does an SEC game.

:upset:

Ok. So I had a client come in this morning and set me off.

80% of SEC fans 'Get it' but the 20% who don't, give the rest a bad rep. And it's that way in every conference. But it's REALLY bad in the SEC.
Oklahoma is over-rated. They choke in every BCS game they play and the SEC is the best conference ............Who has the last 4 National Championships?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #191
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
Not many ND fans here.
Ha they lost to southern Florida
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #192
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
HOW BOUT THEM UGA FANS... LMAO
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #193
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

LSU is going DOWN today
Not such a good game for the Ducks.... On a positive PAC12 note, the Cougs and the Huskies both won....
Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #194
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
"48-0 OSU shuts out Akron"

..And this is why I don't bother watching OSU football until something piques my interest on the schedule.

Too much s**t going down on the T/A that I'll probably spend most of fall fixing shit that could have waited until winter but noooooo....
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #195
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Not such a good game for the Ducks.... On a positive PAC12 note, the Cougs and the Huskies both won....
No kidding. We really did not look good on either side of the ball. I am glad some body pulled out a win.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #196
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
No kidding. We really did not look good on either side of the ball. I am glad some body pulled out a win.
Probably the last win for the Cougs, though, QB Jeff Tuel is now out with a fractured clavicle :(.... Not a good injury for that position. Makes throwing kind of difficult....