Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Exclamation Chevy....The FUTURE years....

AS reported on gminsider news:

2010: Cruze (Europe): Unlike North America, Europe and other world markets are getting the Chevrolet Cruze in May 2009. The car is identical to that of the upcoming U.S. version, but has different powertrains. The European Cruze sports a 113 HP (83 kw) ECOTEC 1.6L and a 141 HP (104kw) ECOTEC 1.8L

Equinox: All-new for 2010, launching this summer as a 2010 model.

Malibu: The current ECOTEC 2.4L may be replaced with GM’s new direct-injected 2.4L that debuted in the 2010 Equinox. We’re hearing this change may not take place until mid-model year though. If they do add the new DI 2.4L, expect fuel economy numbers to increase along with power ratings. Although we have not heard any solid numbers, we expect that the engine would be able to achieve 34-35 MPG on the highway. GM has been aggressive thus far with increasing fuel economy on the midsizers every year.

Silverado: Silverado models are said to be getting some minor changes, but not much is known at this time.

Traverse: Like many 2010 GM products, the Traverse is going to get updated radios and navigation with USB connectivity for MP3 player integration.

2011: Aveo: An all-new Aveo is supposed to start production at GM’s Lordstown, OH assembly plant in July 2010 as a 2011 model. This will be the first all-new Aveo since the car came to the North American market several years ago. Expect the styling to follow the recently-announced Spark.

Camaro: Unless plans change, the Camaro Convertible should go into production next year as a 2011 model. It was supposed to start production shortly after the coupe this year, but due to GM’s financial situation that was pushed back. On regular Camaro, expect a navigation system, head-up display, and rear parking assist to be added to the option list. The coveted Z28 variant of the Camaro is said to be on hold pending the company’s financial situation, but if the hold is lifted it could make it to the 2011 model-year powered by the Supercharged 6.2L LSA V8 with 556 HP.

Cruze: The Cruze will finally launch in summer 2010 as a 2011 model. The base engine will be a ECOTEC 1.8L with around 140 HP, while an optional direct-injected, turbocharged ECOTEC 1.4L will round out the lineup. The 1.4L is said to achieve upwards of 45 MPG on the highway, but final numbers do not exist at this time. GMI has also heard tid-bits that a Cruze SS has already been developed for the U.S., and that the red Cruze that was at the Detroit auto show was actually an SS (minus the badging of course). That might just explain why said car had cross-drilled rotors on it…

Silverado HD: 2011 is going to bring the HD trucks to a new version of their platform and slight cosmetic changes. The cosmetic changes are said to include a revised front fascia; notably to get rid of the massive amounts of chrome on the current HD’s bumper. This is their “mid-cycle enhancement” so to speak. There were rumors of a new 6.9L Duramax diesel, but we hear that is not the case. A slight power bump in the current 6.6L Duramax may take place to keep the competition in check.

Spark: The all-new Spark will launch in global markets (Europe and Asia) in 2010 as a 2011 model.

Volt: GM’s first electrically-driven vehicle will hit the market in late 2010 as a 2011 model. Do not expect any sort of high volume initially however. We’re told initial production numbers are less than 10,000 units.

2012: Colorado: Finally an all-new Colorado comes out in 2012 model-year. It will be based on GM’s new GMT-700 midsize body-on-frame platform. Little else is known about the 700’s.

Gamma SUV: GM has been working on a small crossover based on the 2011 Aveo’s Gamma II platform. We’re told that it is still on for production in 2011 as a 2012 model. GM and sources have been quiet about this product, so not much is known.

Malibu: The all-new Epsilon II based Malibu will be arriving in 2011 as a 2012 model. This Malibu is design is going to be used globally, with the only difference being that the North American Malibu will be on a long-wheel base version of the Epsilon II platform. Expect nothing but direct injected engines; ranging from the ECOTEC 2.4L to a variant of the High-Feature V6 line. The interior design is going to follow the current car rather closely, but with fully-integrated switchgear and an overall more enthusiastic design.

MPV: Initially a Chevrolet crossover similar to the Kia Rhondo was supposed to debut this year, but it was pushed back due to GM’s financial situation. The car is going to be based on the Chevrolet Orlando concept car that debuted last year, which is on the Delta II platform. This new MPV is going to be built at GM’s Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant and is said to share parts with Opel.

Spark: As GM announced at the Chicago Auto Show this year, North America is getting the all-new Spark mini car. Engines are expected to include a 1.0L and 1.2L; supposedly obtaining over 45 MPG. The car follows the Beat concept car from a couple years ago and is supposed to be in the U.S. in late 2010 as a 2011 model.

SUT: GM is working on a Chevrolet Lambda SUT that would be tagged to compete with the likes of the Honda Ridgeline. So long as it does not end up canceled, it will arrive in late 2011.

2013: Impala: The current Impala finally dies in 2013. Once the current car is discontinued, it will go on a 2-3 year hiatus and return again; reportedly on the a long wheel base version of the Alpha rear-wheel drive platform.

Traverse: An all-new Traverse comes out in 2012 as a 2013 model.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
I think the new Equinox will do well, I did not like the last one but this looks like it was well thought out.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
good lineup. cant wait to see how this whole economy crap turns out.

*edit* RWD impalla....cant wait
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
that impala... is amazing!! i want one. That is the FIRST impala i've EVER liked amazing as jeremy clarkson says "good job fat man from kentucky!"
Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
IMO the Chrome bar on the font grill doesn't look right it should just have the Bow tie on it and make some adjustments to make it meaner looking

make the lower grill bigger and closer to the fog lights
Old 03-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
AS reported on gminsider news:
Camaro: Unless plans change, the Camaro Convertible should go into production next year as a 2011 model. It was supposed to start production shortly after the coupe this year, but due to GM’s financial situation that was pushed back. On regular Camaro, expect a navigation system, head-up display, and rear parking assist to be added to the option list. The coveted Z28 variant of the Camaro is said to be on hold pending the company’s financial situation, but if the hold is lifted it could make it to the 2011 model-year powered by the Supercharged 6.2L LSA V8 with 556 HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
good lineup. cant wait to see how this whole economy crap turns out.

*edit* RWD impalla....cant wait
Sweeet!! Nav and HUD!! Worth the wait for a vert for sure!

And RWD Impala! That looks way better then the G8!! Bring back RWD!!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Thanks for the info !!

Crowley
Old 03-31-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
CaptianSam
Car Garage

Drives: 350z,A4,SRT8...see sig
ive seen that impala before in the buffalo region i have to find my pic of it

On My Ipad
Xbox McLovin1515
Ps3 McLovin1555
Current Autos:68z28,03viperSRT10,04escalade,05RangeRoverSport SC
Project Autos:80corvette350-500hp 6speed,06charger S'C 6-speed posi,74Firebird400blue,69chevelle572 707
New Autos:2012CamaroSSRS,09ChallengerSRT8
Past Autos:....too many to list

"i told you it was gettin' an LS3"
Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics. Dean Schlicter
B.Sc. Hons. Mathematics
Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
That is not an Impala. That is the European Chevy Lumina SS, based off of the Holden Commadore (Pontiac G8). Just thought I'd put that out there
Old 03-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
That is not an Impala. That is the European Chevy Lumina SS, based off of the Holden Commadore (Pontiac G8). Just thought I'd put that out there
I was about to say, that looks like a Chevy interpretation of the G8
Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Z28
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
I wasnt talking about the picture. I was talking about GM's plans to bring back a RWD impalla
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #13
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Z28, Z28, Z28

Come off hold pleaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #14
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Now if we could only move all of those plans up and start them NEXT WEEK...