Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT

UPDATE as of 5/20

The RK Sport heat extractor hood had to be repainted 3 times due to the poor quality finish of the fiberglass. (This was after hours of prep and sanding work.)

The RK Sport rear diffuser is not even close to fitment. I've now got a rear diffuser that is painted and wont even go on the car.

The plasic on the side skirts were in such bad shape that they had to be sanded and blocked twice. They are acceptable after tons of prep work.

I have reached out to RK directly and am awaiting response... I'll post more after I learn what next steps will be and how they respond.

Post Tenebras Lux

Last edited by full of days; 05-20-2011 at 12:48 PM.
full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #16
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
So all four pieces you ordered were bad. Doesn't sound like QC, as these would've all come off different lines. Sounds like just a poor product. I'm glad I decided I couldn't afford the RK Sport hood last year when I was looking at them.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
That sucks man.. Hope you get everything worked out.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #18
michael's maro
RAM'S CAMARO

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2015 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
So all four pieces you ordered were bad. Doesn't sound like QC, as these would've all come off different lines. Sounds like just a poor product. I'm glad I decided I couldn't afford the RK Sport hood last year when I was looking at them.
Does RK SPORT have a QC I don't think so, I've had my hood for over 2 years now, my painter did a @ss load of work to make it look good, but the fit is not good at all...I've learned to live with it...
Old 05-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #19
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
UPDATE: 4 coats of clear and the hood still isnt ready. It's baking overnight in the booth with the final touches and will be installed and finished on Monday...

The front lip and side skirts look fantastic. I'll post pics of the final product on Monday night after I get it home.

Heritage grill looks awesome with those Sparks billet SS emblems I ordered in black billet with custom orange painted inserts :-)

The rear diffuser is a 30 lb heavy piece of fiberglass that RK Sport instructs should go on with thin double sided tape.... :??? I'm not pleased with the fit of the rear diffuser at all as it just doesn't attach to the top of the bumper in a solid manner. I am considering have my body guy install body rivets to the inside of the lip and the bumper.

Instructions that come with the kit are totally non descriptive. (prep paint and install) Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. How are guys attaching the fiberglass rear diffuser to the bumper and to the bottom brace?

Post Tenebras Lux

full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
mycamaroisred

Drives: 2010 camaro
Shitt I got a RK sport too I hope I got a good 1 hahah we will have to wait and see I guess
mycamaroisred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #21
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Mine is perfect and has been on my car over a year!......

Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #22
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
This will probably not apply to most people, but the Extractor Hood does not fit over a Harrop supercharger. I waited 2 weeks to get this hood only to find it does not fit!