Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #29
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
I would take a base ZL1 over optioned 1LE
Absolutely! You get the magnetic ride control and 580 hp. No contest.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #30
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.3Avalanche View Post
Is there a suggested "list" of key items to check out on our cars when you take delivery? So far the wheel paint and notchy shifter seem to be a couple of issues I've read about. Anything else?
Dont know about a list, but here are things I would do.
Check the tires for cracks. They don't handle low temps very well.
Check the dealer installed front splitter. Evidently some dont fit well.
Make sure you receive the oil separator
Make sure the hood is wrapped in black j/k !
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #31
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I would also check the wheels for finish and curbing. Also just go through and make sure all the options work windows, radio, Nav etc. Also verify your phone will sync up if so equipped. Make sure you have the nice aluminum valve stem covers on the wheels.

Just in general check everything. Also call them and tell them NOT to drive it until you get there YOU put in the first tank of fuel. If they put in 87 octane it'll run like crap till you burn all that swill and do a fuse pull.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #32
camaro1le

Drives: garage is empty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.3Avalanche View Post
I don't know about down in the states, but unless you order a 1LE in Canada, they're HARD to come by. I used the GM Canada locator and found one down in London, Ontario so I dropped by yesterday to check it out and take it for a drive. I was SO impressed by the test drive that I almost bought it, but the dealer was asking list price for it. The sticker was $ 53,055 and he was asking $ 53,055 for it. ($60k and change out the door with all taxes and fees). I have ordered vehicles in the past from my regular dealer and NEVER paid full list. I tried telling the guy that it's an old model and the '14s are out this month, but he wouldn't budge. I couldn't believe it. So I just walked.

For you other guys in Canada that have one, were you paying at all near list?

As for the test drive, I could NOT believe how amazing the car was. For having the track-oriented suspension, it rode extremely smooth. And I couldn't believe the grip and turn-in. Those tires just plain HOOK. The gearing on the 1LE model is also amazing. It's just so good all around. I also was afraid that I wouldn't like the suede wheel and shifter, but after using it, I was impressed. The shifter is nice and notchy, and it shifted great. I also encountered the "dreaded" HSA at a hilly stop light and I thought it worked great too, even though I was driving the car like I would a car without HSA.

Anyway, I was all excited and I thought I was going to be able to save 4k on the car by buying an old model, but that didn't happen. Instead I'm going to order a '14 and take advantage of some of the new features, the new look and the fact that it's a model year newer.
Thought I would tell you that there is a 1le on ebay[asheville nc] that you should look at. Its mine.Just something to think about....Max [camaro 1le]
camaro1le is offline   Reply With Quote