Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-23-2017, 06:51 AM   #57
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Sweet!

I find some of my shifts a little crisp for my liking as well...

Assuming you have an auto? What do you mean with your talk about removing 5th gear etc?
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:26 AM   #58
Naci

Drives: Camaro RS LFX
Yes, it's an automatic transmission. The 5th gear was not there. I think it was disabled anyhow and just in automatic mode. In manual mode all gears were available.
Naci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #59
sspade

Hm. Very interesting. I have the same setup. 6L50 trans with Overkill 93 tune. Not aware of what you are referring to.

You say you had him revise your trans tune because it was shifting a little hard? Mine does as well sometimes, not really a bother unless it is indicative of transmission damage long term.

Anyone with an opinion please share.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 04-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #60
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Ive been trying to wrap my brain around the trans tune for a while. To me, it seems like Drive and Sport Mode are virtually identical with the Overkill trans tune. Do any of you see any difference between the two? If anything, I sometimes feel that Drive is actually a little better when it comes to 1st and 2nd gear. Seems that those bog down a little in Sport Mode.
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #61
Naci

I don't think it cause any damage to the transmission in long term, but I don't know for sure. Because it was just under full throttle position and just from 3rd in 4th gear and it was hard just for my feeling. Maybe someone else will find it OK.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:29 AM   #62
Naci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Ive been trying to wrap my brain around the trans tune for a while. To me, it seems like Drive and Sport Mode are virtually identical with the Overkill trans tune. Do any of you see any difference between the two? If anything, I sometimes feel that Drive is actually a little better when it comes to 1st and 2nd gear. Seems that those bog down a little in Sport Mode.
I can say for sure there is a difference. This is what I could see on the changes what Will did.

The switching process is faster and the switching time, depending on the pedal position and/or rpm is also different.

It could be that Will do me a different tune because he knows that in Germany there are different speed limits for city and highways as in USA or Canada.

Last edited by Naci; 04-23-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #63
IamR3D88

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Just wondering and NOT trying to start a pissing match but how fast have y'all gotten your LFX up to? Previously, I hit 116 a few times and the stock tune shut the engine down. Since Ive had Overkill tune, I have hit 121 and 125.
140 is pretty easy. Still feels under control. Just really start to lose steam up there. I can see it getting 150 or so, but the 162 someone quoted would almost have to be downhill. You eat up large stretches of road pretty quick over 130.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
IamR3D88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:26 PM   #64
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamR3D88 View Post
140 is pretty easy. Still feels under control. Just really start to lose steam up there. I can see it getting 150 or so, but the 162 someone quoted would almost have to be downhill. You eat up large stretches of road pretty quick over 130.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
There's a you tube post of a guy hitting 159 in his 2015 lfx. Car and driver said 162 terminal speed. It took a while to go from 150 to 159.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:34 PM   #65
sspade

Interesting for sure. Im scared to get pulled over and beaten with a night stick on the side of the road going that fast on interstate 81.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #66
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Interesting for sure. Im scared to get pulled over and beaten with a night stick on the side of the road going that fast on interstate 81.
Yeah, I wouldn't try it unless it was on a closed air strip or something of that nature.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #67
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Quote:
Just wondering and NOT trying to start a pissing match but how fast have y'all gotten your LFX up to? Previously, I hit 116 a few times and the stock tune shut the engine down. Since Ive had Overkill tune, I have hit 121 and 125.
Fastest I've had mine to I'm not really sure. I was passing a line of what felt like 20 cars, I was starting to coast in preparation to getting back in my lane when the wife looked up from whatever she was fiddling with and saw a couple cars oncoming and said "hurry up!" So, I mashed it. Think at that point I was doing about 90 or so. By the time I got past all the slow pokes, got back in my lane and looked down at the speedo, it was coming down over the 120 mark. So, not real sure how fast I was going before I let off the second time since I was very narrowly focused on wtf I was doing. I can say I felt about the same punching my Camaro as I do when I encounter the same situation, sans wife, on my B12. Complete confidence and assurance the vehicle has the capacity to do what I asked it to. I would've not done such a thing in my '04 Impala, at least not without a serious level of pucker factor that is. This car just goes.