Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-23-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
Scottlake

Drives: 2016 NGM SS 6speed, Magnetic, NPP.
Substantiated benefit of MRC?

SO is there any data out there, or personal impressions of MRC that shows its value?

I "had" to have it on my camaro. But, I am not sure if I'll ever drive it hard enough to know. Anyone have any data, other than it adjusts 5 hundred million times every thousandth of a second.

No joking aside, in track modes, this car handles better than anything I have ever driven. I mean its just a, wow kinda feeling.

Scott
Scottlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
the reaction from the suspension is incredible on every turn (as opposed to great)

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s

Last edited by CamaroBody; 09-23-2016 at 08:40 PM.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
TopHatPlus
Account Suspended

Drives: 16 2SS NPP MRC
It handles how to described but you hit a set of train tracks with good speed and you keep your tail bone... its insane how much variation it will give you while never compromising the ride.
TopHatPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Read the hype..........then believe the hype.

It does exactly what it says it will do.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #5
cleoent

Drives: 16' Camaro E-Force SS
It's a game changer.
cleoent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:47 PM   #6
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottlake View Post
SO is there any data out there, or personal impressions of MRC that shows its value?

I "had" to have it on my camaro. But, I am not sure if I'll ever drive it hard enough to know. Anyone have any data, other than it adjusts 5 hundred million times every thousandth of a second.

No joking aside, in track modes, this car handles better than anything I have ever driven. I mean its just a, wow kinda feeling.

Scott
No real data that I have seen. I wouldn't think of MRC as only being beneficial when you drive the car hard. I think it offers better overall ride quality all the time. I especially like Tour mode when I am just cruisng on the highway.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:06 AM   #7
Blue's SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, for go, not show.
On the other hand, when people ride in my car often I hear, "Wow, this rides so smooth for a sports car. That MRC was well worth the money!" to which I reply, "This car doesn't have MRC." The look on their face when I tell them that, priceless.

Camaro/Firebird fan since 1977!
Previous rides: 1965 Pontiac GTO, 1977 Trans Am Special Ed. "Bandit", 1996 Camaro 3.8, 2002 Camaro Z28, 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Spring Special Edition
Current ride: "SOUTHERNCROSS" - 2017 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic/Jet Black w/BO4 56V RZ9 NPP SFE SH1 VW9 W2D
"And no BS! It's (the 1SS) everything you need and nothing you don't." -Craig Cole on the 1SS vs 2SS
"Reach above your dreams of pleasure, giving life to those who died. Look beyond your own horizons, sail the ship of signs." -RJD 'The Sign of the Southern Cross'
Blue's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #8
Xx-Box-Xx

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
When comparing a 2LS convertible on a test drive and a 2SS without MRC it was difficult for me to tell the difference from the 2SS that I bought with it. All 3 rides seemed so responsive to me, but then again I would call myself a average Joe in ability to pick up on such things.
I got it, is it worth it I hope so because I have it, is it required no, IMO. I just love the synergy between it and the NPP exhaust which isn't required but I am glad to have.
Xx-Box-Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:08 AM   #9
sboden

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black 2SS
MRC is up to the individual. It is one way to save money but it isn't hype by any means. The real positive (besides MRC being offered on Camaro now) is Chevy did a very good job with the non MRC suspension.
2016 Mosaic Blk 2SS 6sp with Adrenaline Red interior, Red knee pads, Dual mode exhaust, 20" low gloss 5 spokes, River City Creations Bow Ties, nav and a lot of fun - Previous car 09 Nissan 370Z sport/tour 6sp
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/album.php?albumid=18420
sboden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #10
thescout6

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx-Box-Xx View Post
When comparing a 2LS convertible on a test drive and a 2SS without MRC it was difficult for me to tell the difference from the 2SS that I bought with it. All 3 rides seemed so responsive to me, but then again I would call myself a average Joe in ability to pick up on such things.
I got it, is it worth it I hope so because I have it, is it required no, IMO. I just love the synergy between it and the NPP exhaust which isn't required but I am glad to have.

I know exactly what you mean, when I test drive the cars I didn't feel anything. But the dealer I test drove them at was in NC by very smooth roads. 2 months later I moved to LA and got the MRC because why not. Given how bad LA roads are. THANK GOD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thescout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #11
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboden View Post
MRC is up to the individual. It is one way to save money but it isn't hype by any means. The real positive (besides MRC being offered on Camaro now) is Chevy did a very good job with the non MRC suspension.
Really good point here. Everyone should pay attention.

My 2014 SS did not have MR. It became standard in 2015. I frankly do not pine for MR in my car because it is so well sorted out for ride and handling as it is in stock form.

I don't do anything on a track nor do I push the handling on public roads. So not having a firmer alternative doesn't bother me in the least. Nor does the potential for a softer ride. It's great as is.

I've also had the chance to drive an ATS-V. That car in sport mode is border line annoying on a public road. It's not just firm, but hard. Having the ability to soften up the damping helps that car a lot.

So yes, it does what it says and yes it is a technological marvel. But whether you actually need it or not depends on the customer, that being YOU.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #12
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
You are getting a system they put in $300,000 cars in a $40,000 car.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote