Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #575
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foc-Dog View Post
Can I get my Blackberry Bold 9700 to play Pandora through the radio using Bluetooth or is there a PDMI update coming out for that soon?
Yeah you can play that over Bluetooth with the current PDIM software. Press the CD/AUX button to get to the Aux screen. Press the Menu button and you will be taken to the Bluetooth Setup screen. Follow the instructions and hopefully your Blackberry will be connected up and then you can play Pandora. Some phones do not support multiple Bluetooth connections so you may need to disconnect your phone Bluetooth from the vehicle if you had that connected in order to use the music function. The iPhone and Droid devices do support multiple Bluetooth connections, so you may be good with the Blackberry.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #576
Foc-Dog
Pickedup Charlene on 9/18

Drives: '00 Ford Focus, '10 2LT/RS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Yeah you can play that over Bluetooth with the current PDIM software. Press the CD/AUX button to get to the Aux screen. Press the Menu button and you will be taken to the Bluetooth Setup screen. Follow the instructions and hopefully your Blackberry will be connected up and then you can play Pandora. Some phones do not support multiple Bluetooth connections so you may need to disconnect your phone Bluetooth from the vehicle if you had that connected in order to use the music function. The iPhone and Droid devices do support multiple Bluetooth connections, so you may be good with the Blackberry.
Well I finally got around to trying this and it worked with the slightest of ease!!! But only the first time. The radio will not connect to the phone anymore for streaming music and my phone can no longer find GMusicConnect, but the bluetooth calling option still works fine. It was fun that one time though.

Did I forget to do something during the initial setup or is this a common problem?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:53 AM   #577
tclancy

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Neither Airplane Mode nor the iPhone 4.0 update made any difference on my 3G phone. Worse yet, I made the mistake of calling GM to see if they could help my dealer resolve this. Clearly they can't/ won't. My dealer (Portsmouth Chevrolet in NH) has been fantastic and tried everything they know of to get a radio update (I'm currently on CC). The GM rep has done 2 things:

1. Called the dealer, spoke to a random person and then called me back to tell me they had no record of any attempts to repair my vehicle (well, duh, it's not a repair and I never brought it in because they couldn't get the upgrade to try).
2. After I called the dealer and got the right person to call GM back, the rep then called to let me know she'd put them in touch with someone at GM, but that no update exists and I shouldn't expect anything.

Awesome. How hard can this process be? What magic words do I or the dealer need to say to the GM to get a radio update that exists (2, actually)?

--------------

For the record and for anyone else experiencing these issues, here's what I've had happen:

Issue 1: My iPhone worked perfectly with the car wen I picked it up in September 2009. As of some iPhone OS update near the end of 2009, the car could no longer read the iTunes data on the phone. You can play songs on Shuffle All, but any attempt to select specific artists/ albums/ songs is a failure. I'm assuming Apple re-designed the layout of the iTunes Library XML file and confused the radio. My iPod Nano (3rd generation) still works.

Issue 2: Both the phone and the iPod have a tendency to disconnect within 1-2 songs of starting up. Starts fine, but in the middle of playback the screen pops up a notice saying No Data Could Be Found, Safe to Disconnect. Unplugging the device and re-plugging it starts right back up where it left off.

Issue 3: This only started in the last month or two, so it may be heat-related. Some times the car refuses to recognize either device when plugged in. It seems to be an issue with the USB cable because swapping in a new cable usually fixes it. However, the cable works fine when connected to a computer. In one case, I tossed the cable in the backseat in the shade for a half hour and then tried it again and it worked, but that may be coincidence since I've been unable to reproduce it when the issue has cropped up again.
tclancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #578
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foc-Dog View Post
Well I finally got around to trying this and it worked with the slightest of ease!!! But only the first time. The radio will not connect to the phone anymore for streaming music and my phone can no longer find GMusicConnect, but the bluetooth calling option still works fine. It was fun that one time though.

Did I forget to do something during the initial setup or is this a common problem?
No BUT once I upgraded to iPhone 4.0 software on my 3GS I was unable to stream music via BT anymore- which is generally fine because I prefer to have the phone plugged in and charging via the USB port anyways. Just an FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclancy View Post
Neither Airplane Mode nor the iPhone 4.0 update made any difference on my 3G phone. Worse yet, I made the mistake of calling GM to see if they could help my dealer resolve this. ...Awesome. How hard can this process be? What magic words do I or the dealer need to say to the GM to get a radio update that exists (2, actually)?

Don't feel bad- my dealer knows they exist and wouldn't (won't) perform the update until I can reproduce my "problems" in airplane mode- so sayeth the all-powerful TSB... My fault at this point because I refuse to drive around in airplane mode until it screws up. I have a business to run and quite honestly, turning my "phone" off could cost me in the long run. I'm going to have to make a concerted effort to do it over the course of this upcoming long weekend.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #579
SARDAN

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
phonebook

I have a blackberry synced up to my hands free, my question is there a way to display who is calling me rather than just a phone number. I hate answering those calls from ex's.
SARDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #580
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
Any word on updated SW for the PDIM? I'm really getting tired of having only half functional iPod Touch integration. I even researched to see if there was a way to downgrade my 3rd gen to 2.x OS, but there's not. From what I can tell only the 2nd gen models and the 8GB 3rd gen (which is really just a 2nd gen) can be downgraded.
convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #581
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
my iPhone (3GS) does odd shit like:

A) sometimes fail to connect at all when first plugged in
B) sometimes connects but doesn't play, then does, then sounds like a record skipping when manually advancing to the next song(s)
C) will be playing just fine and all of a sudden stop and give me a display error that there's no readable data (or something to that extent)

They came back with I'm supposed to put the iPhone on airplane mode when using it. WTF does that have to do with anything?
My 3Gs is doing the same thing with the new OS loaded. It did it with the old load as well, but today it had a new issue pop up today that about blew my ear drums. About 15 seconds into a song, the music stopped and all I could hear was a loud static screeeeeeech. Nothing I could do to get it to go back to the music either. I tried powering off the radio, disconnected the phone etc, the screech came back everytime I went back to the iphone.

Is the new update a software update that the dealership should have or does it require the dealership to order it?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #582
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
My 3Gs is doing the same thing with the new OS loaded. It did it with the old load as well, but today it had a new issue pop up today that about blew my ear drums. About 15 seconds into a song, the music stopped and all I could hear was a loud static screeeeeeech. Nothing I could do to get it to go back to the music either. I tried powering off the radio, disconnected the phone etc, the screech came back everytime I went back to the iphone.

Is the new update a software update that the dealership should have or does it require the dealership to order it?

I had the same "screeching" but it went away. Try re-initializing the bluetooth connection. I know you're going to say that you have it plugged into the USB port (I do too) but something I did screwing around stopped the screeching. Start from scratch like you never had the phone before.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #583
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
I had the same "screeching" but it went away. Try re-initializing the bluetooth connection. I know you're going to say that you have it plugged into the USB port (I do too) but something I did screwing around stopped the screeching. Start from scratch like you never had the phone before.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow on my way to work.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #584
Disgruntor
DAMMIT!

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2LT RS - IBM
Still having the typical Zune issues: song freezes for a second or so at the very end, car will randomly stop recognizing the zune, etc.

Any news on this? Is the latest software version still CE? That's what my car came with in November -- you'd think they'd have an update by now....
Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #585
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
interesting....

my sis bought the new iphone 4g.

here are my testing results:

- the display issue is gone. it works fine 100% i can now see music displyed properly ALL the time.
- the a2dp bluetooth streaming does not work at all. the phone "pairs", but will not connect. you see it conncet for like 1 second and then it disconnects. i tried playing music while doing the connection, but the car didnt pick up the song for that 1 second it was connected either.

for the previous posts about not being able to see the gmusiconnect anymore.....
i ran into this issue, but fixed it by changing the pin to another one (a manual one).
but the music never worked as mentioned above.

since 3gs running 4.0 software cannot play on a2dp (as per a previous post), perhaps when the next update comes out, this issue will be fixed. N if this will be the case, then ill be one very happy camper. if not, well, at least for my personal uses of the phone, the usb connection will be working fine, and this will suit my needs. the only time i could picture using a2dp is for long driving n letting people in the back play DJ for me. But while I'm driving i would much rather change the songs via usb (radio controls) then through my phone.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #586
Dave Da

Drives: 2016 2ss hyper blue auto
web site does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
GM actually has the update info online and publicly available (thanks codeman). All you need is your VIN # and you can see it (should be the same). I assume your dealer can use these to get the full details.

Part Number CVN Description

20861681 0000A80A New software for improved operation including proper handling of WMA DRM music, addition of the play/pause button and RSA support, and improved Zune/PFD connection robustness.
20840959 0000A24C New software to address: USB sorting/indexing issues; Bluetooth interface/implementation improvement; Apple iTouch implementation/interface issues
20824078 0000EB10 Operating system

From the looks of it, there's 3 versions. Some interesting changes in there.
When I input my vin it says that I am not authorized to view this information.
Dave Da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #587
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Da View Post
When I input my vin it says that I am not authorized to view this information.
ditto.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #588
jezzaaa

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS CGM
Whoa Codeman...bet you regret opening this old can of worms!! ;-) Anyway, thanks for doing so fella. Just to add my 2 cents, I live in Abu Dhabi. My car came back from it's service and wouldn't recognise the iPod Touch that I was using reasonably happily before. Checked the versions and it says CE.

So I tried the unplug/switch off/open door 30 seconds/reconnect etc and also rebooted the iPod and it now works as it did before...but all the same issues that were there before are still there for me...namely it populates the playlists with lots of gaps etc...so I have to press Back and then go back in and that is better but still not perfect. In my old coding days, that kind of behaviour would indicate bad parsing/list population. Anyway, I'm glad it's working as it used to at least...but I really think GM should try harder at this kind of stuff. Getting it to populate a list of playlists without ommissions/blanks etc shouldn't be all that hard??

Cheers again for being there...J.
jezzaaa is offline   Reply With Quote