Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #141
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
TPW of 8/30 for me, haha suckers NO back up ugly discs on the back of my car!!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #142
CamK18

Drives: 2010 1LT Vic Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brownstone View Post
I think that back up sensors should be an option. I love them on my diesel
F-250. They are especially helpful when backing up to trailers and the only use i get from them is to judge distance from my trailer hitch to my trailers

It's not that I have a huge cosmetic issue w/ the idea, ( I guess I'll reserve judgement until I can see some pics) I have a problem with paying the extra $300.00 on something I have already ordered and paid a deposit on.

It should be MY OPTION whether or not I want to pay an extra $300.00 for an ADDED safety feature.

I want to say that I applaud GM for listening to our requests but I personally feel that I am responsible enough to drive safely w/o CURB FEELERS and BACK UP SENSORS .

Hey GM, PLease Give Me the option of having a "Back Up Sensor delete" 2SS Camaro

Thanks.
EXACTLY how i feel. Its $365 in canada, and too a college student, thats alot of cash. Give us the option!
Old 08-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #143
nascar14fan

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/CGMStripes/RS/6sp
I agree with golddog. I have a production week of 8-31 and it has already been broadcast. I am praying mine dont have no stupid black dots all over the bumper. If so they are getting pulled out and fixed. I wonder if you can get a tow package and a HD model.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #144
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
My mom just ordered a 2010 Equiniox 2LT and it has a backup camera. It shows the rear images right on the inside rearview mirror. Pretty cool, I think. Actually, I can't wait to play with my mom'snew EQ and my new Camaro when they're both done. : )

Oh...my Camaro has a TPW of 9/7, so it looks like I'll get the sensors. I think is will be a great feature to have. Never had it in one of my cars before.
Rob
Old 08-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #145
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I have a 2SS with no ugly disks on the bumper for P/A, a GM badge and no holes on dash for HUD! I'm a happy camper because I bought as soon as I could.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #146
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
GM: MAKE THIS AN OPTION!!!! DO NOT FORCE IT DOWN OUR THROATS!!!

If you foist this overpriced dunsel on everyone who gets the C&C package, you should pay THEM for taking it.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #147
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Wanna bet?

Who wants to take a poll.

We have currently 15,427 members.

I bet this represents about half or more current owners of the car.

Camaro5 RULES! Don't sell it short as some kind of "niche" forum.
too bad that logic doesn't include the fact that the 15k members of the forum dont all own camaro's.

there might be a good 1k of us here with actual cars. the rest are just around cause they enjoy the car.

then out of those, how many actually dislike this idea... i like it personally, and no... i dont have kids and yes i driver perfectly well but i certainly dont mind something that helps.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #148
3BVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljustin293 View Post
someone post a pic of that tab over the rear seat of their car now please
Here you go...
Attached Images

Last edited by 3BVert; 08-27-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #149
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I thought there would have been more of an uproar about this because that was the line they were using when people complained about the weight. Ironic that all the weight didn't help. In fact, I would be willing to wager that the car fared poorly in the crash tests BECAUSE it has too much mass to slow down safely with current crash protection systems.

Who wants to address THIS idea?
the Camaros braking is outstanding despite its weight.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #150
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
another reason to get the 1SS.

C'mon do you really need help backing up a car?!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #151
RedRaider

Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
Read this thread for more info about the Rear Park Assist:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39543

Quote:

Product Change #1 - Rear Park Assist:
Introduction of Rear Park Assist (RPO: UD7) as a standard feature on 2LT (1EH37) and 2SS (1ET37) models, as well as an addition to the Convenience and Connectivity Package (RPO: SRJ) for the 1LT model effective with production the week of Monday, August 31, 2009.

Impact:
• The base model price of the 2LT, 2SS and the option package price of the Convenience and Connectivity Package will increase by $295 MSRP.
• STOCK orders scheduled to be produced the week of August 31, 2009, will have Rear Park Assist automatically added to orders and their prices adjusted accordingly.
• SOLD orders “in process” (Event 2000 or greater) will be produced without Rear Park Assist regardless of when the order is scheduled for production, and the MSRP will not reflect the $295 increase.
• Camaro SOLD orders “on hand” for 2LT and 2SS models, and 1LT models with option code SRJ, as of Thursday, August 27, will be placed in an “error pending” status requiring corrective action.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #152
3BVert

Might want to check out this thread... This weeks Camaro Ordering Constraints! http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...d=1#post852611
Old 08-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #153
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
I think the car is harder to see out of when parking than most, and if the average Joe agrees with me, then this feature will be appreciated by many buyers. I'm really glad GM is paying attention to the market, and really glad to see them giving the Camaro this kind of option which will make it more attractive to first-time buyers.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #154
Mikk2K

Drives: '10 Camaro LTRS, '12 Pro4x Frontier
Quote:
This is getting really irritating...

For people like this... The "anti-technology" people... Along with the "gotta-be-a-manual" people... Trying to keep everything old school, and do-it-yourself... Why not get rid of power windows while you're at it? You have arms, you can crank them windows down manually! And power mirrors? Screw 'em! I'm sure you have a friend that wouldn't mind sitting in the passenger seat and adjust them for you. What about power steering? Don't you want to "feel" like you're actually steering the car? And no key fobs for you either. How about manually unlocking your door with your key from now on... That should make you feel more comfortable.

You see... technology is moving forward... little by little, car manufacturers are adding new features to help us... That does not mean people don't know how to do stuff. Do we not know how to roll up an old-school window? Or adjust a mirror? Of course we can, if necessary. But these new technologies are there to help. Do you think people bitched and complained about the first wheel being invented? "You're using what?! To make transporting stuff easier?! You fail at life! You have arms and legs, just walk and carry that stuff over your shoulder!"

Meanwhile, you are sitting on the internet... the most technologically advanced and "convenient" form of communication we currently have... Why don't you go back to hand-writing letters and sending them in the mail?

Or better yet, just go back into your cave while the rest of the world advances around you.
I couldn't agree more. I was so excited to read this great news today. I was really on the edge of the fence of just waiting for the 2011 model because I knew it would have this feature. I've got a build week of 9/7 so happy day for me, even though I caved and order 2010 I still get this excellent feature. My parents have an 02 Chevy Venture with these installed in the bumper, and they are not that big of deal. They are great to have for that small object that is out of your field of view. I don't see people complaining about door handles because the mess up the lines of the car. Seriously if your complaining about this you live a really sheltered life.

Closed Thread