Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
EvilLilKitti

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS
I need help please!

Hi, I own a 2010 v6 Lt edition, and the problem I'm having is a power steering line on the passenger side decided it didn't want to hold the fluid anymore, I would like to fix it but am wondering if it s a factory fitted part that needs to do it and it has to go to the shop and which tool it is, I will gladly get it. Keep in mind the following symptoms are as follows: last week it was whining, and doing the shimmy thing when I would turn the wheels, so I checked the fluid and filled it up..fixed right...well, I was wrong...this week it didn't whine, but started doing the shimmy thing when I turn my wheels, so again I checked my fluid, (noticed my check engine light is on), so I filled it up again, and watched it pee out on the ground when I started my car to let it warm up, its very cold here in Alberta.

I have looked into the manuls but have not found anything when it comes to replacing this part or the tools needed to do so, I know someone here will know
EvilLilKitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
im sorry i can not help you with this, but have you checked the manual to see if this is something the warranty will take car of?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
EvilLilKitti

yes, I only have drivetrain warranty maybe, I have had the car since 2009 and have 50000kms on it
Old 12-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
69camaroSS

Drives: 1969 camaro SS;2011 Turbocharged SS
Can you show pics of what you're talking about?

2011 turbocharged SS Borla Touring Axle back
69camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
EvilLilKitti

Name:  SAM_1411.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  59.1 KB

best i can do this is where im leaking power steering fluid from...
Old 12-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
EvilLilKitti

sorry its so big...really good camera, and my first time posting on this forum
Old 12-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I've never replaced one on a new car but that looks like a standard high pressure line

My experience with repairing that and most anything else in a car is with old cars from the '70s and '60s. I don't know modern cars but that looks like a straightforward replacement to me.

The photo looks like that has leaked onto the crimp fitting to me, not that its leaking from the crimp fitting, but that might just be the photo
Old 12-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilLilKitti View Post
Hi, I own a 2010 v6 Lt edition, and the problem I'm having is a power steering line on the passenger side decided it didn't want to hold the fluid anymore, I would like to fix it but am wondering if it s a factory fitted part that needs to do it and it has to go to the shop and which tool it is, I will gladly get it. Keep in mind the following symptoms are as follows: last week it was whining, and doing the shimmy thing when I would turn the wheels, so I checked the fluid and filled it up..fixed right...well, I was wrong...this week it didn't whine, but started doing the shimmy thing when I turn my wheels, so again I checked my fluid, (noticed my check engine light is on), so I filled it up again, and watched it pee out on the ground when I started my car to let it warm up, its very cold here in Alberta.

I have looked into the manuls but have not found anything when it comes to replacing this part or the tools needed to do so, I know someone here will know
Hello,

Thanks for your post and I apologize greatly for the vehicle concerns you're experiencing. We definitely want to help resolve your concern, and I will post a department for you to contact since I am US-based (below):

Department to contact: GM of Canada
Specialty: Customer Assistance for Canadian residents
Phone number: (800)-263-3777
Hours: Monday through Friday (7:30am - 11:30pm EST), Saturday (7:30am - 6:00pm EST)

If you have not tried this resource, please do. We're here if you have any additional questions.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
EvilLilKitti

I wish it was, but I can't keep fluid in it, it leaks out almost as fast as I put it in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I've never replaced one on a new car but that looks like a standard high pressure line

My experience with repairing that and most anything else in a car is with old cars from the '70s and '60s. I don't know modern cars but that looks like a straightforward replacement to me.

The photo looks like that has leaked onto the crimp fitting to me, not that its leaking from the crimp fitting, but that might just be the photo
Old 12-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
EvilLilKitti

it is a pressure line, just wondering on the tool needed, if it is a factory fitted tool i need or just tools from my toolbox will do...
Old 12-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Power steering pumps are 'spensive

One hose is return, the other is high pressure

can you take another photo of where this hose screws in so we can see the end of the fitting?

Never seen a hose like that that needs a special tool...but like I say, if you had a '70 Chevelle, I could walk you though this blindfolded. With a new car I don't want to...wait for it...steer you wrong. Sorry, I couldn't resist
Old 12-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #12
EvilLilKitti

hahaha ... i know what you mean, If i can get a better angle at it I will post it, but it is Alberta and we are experiencing weather difficulties at the moment, gotta love winter..yes i drive it in all seasons, it is after all Canadian made

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Power steering pumps are 'spensive

One hose is return, the other is high pressure

can you take another photo of where this hose screws in so we can see the end of the fitting?

Never seen a hose like that that needs a special tool...but like I say, if you had a '70 Chevelle, I could walk you though this blindfolded. With a new car I don't want to...wait for it...steer you wrong. Sorry, I couldn't resist
Old 12-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
EvilLilKitti

Hi, thank you for your reply, I did ask online, and he was not helpful and did not know if I needed a special tool or not, engines should not be rocket science, or atleast they have never been this difficult before, I have not had this much issues fixing anything on anything lol..but thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello,

Thanks for your post and I apologize greatly for the vehicle concerns you're experiencing. We definitely want to help resolve your concern, and I will post a department for you to contact since I am US-based (below):

Department to contact: GM of Canada
Specialty: Customer Assistance for Canadian residents
Phone number: (800)-263-3777
Hours: Monday through Friday (7:30am - 11:30pm EST), Saturday (7:30am - 6:00pm EST)

If you have not tried this resource, please do. We're here if you have any additional questions.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 12-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
the replacement hose has both the rubber and the metal parts, it is precrimped. If it is the return hose you just need pliers. http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm
the whole system can be worked on with a basic hand tools, it is a Chevrolet.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote