Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 07-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Lightbulb upon production, more site sections

The Chevy Camaro has 2 significant performance segments. The V8 is a dominant powerhouse that is sure to compete with top exotics and sports cars. On the other end, the V6 is sure to participate in a highly competitive class of 300-hp cars. In effect, we have 2 areas of membership that must be addressed.

There should be separate discussion sections for V8 and V6 members. Failure to do this on CobaltSS.net until too late led to hostility between top tier and lower tier owners. Go to that site and look at the 2.2L section. I left because the SS members were telling people with 2.2L ECOTECs that it wasn't worth modding and they should have gotten the Cobalt SS. It was downright disrespectful, and many important site members were kicked, banned, or left like I did. If that were to happen to our tight-knit community, I'm sure it would create hostility, spam, and a need for more moderation. The site is great right now, but we need to keep people interested in the LLT in a separate area of discussion from the V8 members.

Evidence is already on the site that the V8 is the favored car for everyone, but the V6 will be the dominant seller. It is important to give equal sections to each car so that people are getting the right performance parts and mods for their engine. When we begin discussing exhaust setups and internal, we don't want to confuse members by discussing parts that aren't available for the car any particular member drives.

One way to do this is have an aftermarket section with a separate sub-forum for each motor. The LS3, L99, and LLT motors will all perform very differently with certain modifications. Moreover, we cannot expect a company that builds parts for the LLT to build a counterpart for another engine, so discussing all of these parts together will create chaos in the performance section of the site. Another way to consider is to create motor-specific sections within the performance section. All current threads could go into a pre-production section, and all future threads could be divided according to members. To help facilitate these sections, it may be necessary to increase the number of moderators by 1 or 2. This would probably have to happen anyway since the population of this site will increase as people get Camaros and want to discuss them. Our membership now is just the tip of the iceberg.

This is just and idea. Hopefully, you guys figure out a great way to organize our thoughts when aftermarket discussion begins.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Apparently, no one cares.

I just figured it would make sense to organize the website's performance section.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
you only gave the thread 3 hours!
I am very certain that upon release, the site will change some more. Be it adding sections, or switching others. Needless to say, this isn't the final layout.

On the other hand, I'm confident that there won't be any hostility between V8 and V6 owners here on this site. Both cars serve their own purposes; and given that this is the first time a V6 Camaro could really be considered a 'contender', I think it's earned a certain amount of respect from current and future V8 owners. Bottom line is, we have great people here, and though the site will change -- I don't think it will be because the V6 and V8 guys need to be separated.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:37 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Apparently, no one cares.

I just figured it would make sense to organize the website's performance section.
Wha???? Huh?????

I just got on and I don't care because I didn't answer up right away? Come on, now! I didn't even get a chance to get on this morning because I was too darn busy!

Of course there will be changes. When sites grow, changes are essential in keeping the site alive and functioning properly. Don't worry about this at all. We, as a group, are constantly discussing ways to be more efficient at what we do here. Trust me!

Oh, and if anyone gets into shoving matches about engines.....I'll be very surprised. We have such a tight nit community here and by far, the majority are good people.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:05 AM   #5
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
where do we submit an application for the MOD position. And I think that the only hostility would be from jackass newer people that just join to be idiots. So I doubt that there will be any hate because who could hate a V6 this badass? Again where can I apply for mod?

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:07 AM   #6
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
you only gave the thread 3 hours!
I am very certain that upon release, the site will change some more. Be it adding sections, or switching others. Needless to say, this isn't the final layout.

On the other hand, I'm confident that there won't be any hostility between V8 and V6 owners here on this site. Both cars serve their own purposes; and given that this is the first time a V6 Camaro could really be considered a 'contender', I think it's earned a certain amount of respect from current and future V8 owners. Bottom line is, we have great people here, and though the site will change -- I don't think it will be because the V6 and V8 guys need to be separated.
LOL, not much happens in 3 hours in a forum.. You have to give it a week at least.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
And I think that the only hostility would be from jackass newer people that just join to be idiots.
+1
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
where do we submit an application for the MOD position. And I think that the only hostility would be from jackass newer people that just join to be idiots. So I doubt that there will be any hate because who could hate a V6 this badass? Again where can I apply for mod?
You can apply to be a mod? I just thought they were the prophets carrying the good news of the 5thgen. the keepers of the faith so to speak.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You don't apply.
You are chosen.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:03 PM   #10
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Who do I need to to get chosen? I'd Be willing to go as far as to "erase" the head of a rival "family" if you catch my drift.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #11
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I think the camaro gods put the camaro commandments up on high. The chosen few were the teachers. I think there is a thread with camaro commandments somewhere on here.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
i dont care.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:36 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You don't apply.
You are chosen.

For those interested in being mods, take a look at your current moderators posts. That's really all I need to say. The mods we have are good people who have good heads on their shoulders. They know how to handle situations and when they want to rip someone's head off for x, y, and z... bite their tongue and take care of business the right way. I'm very proud of the mods we have. Some mods might not post all the time, but they don't really need to. There's a lot that goes on which most folks don't know about and is usually why most mods are caught up and busy.

i, for one, am very happy with the group we have. I think ya'll do a wonderful job. And, I know we'll add more mods in the future. But, for now, be good and help each other out!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote