Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
next time we want some pics!!!!
Believe it or not I had my camera with me, but there was no time to take pictures. I was talking to people the entire time, lots of people, lots of questions, especially because many never saw the new Camaro in person.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
IOM2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Camaro
I am a muscle and pony car guy, having owned a 70 Javelin SST, 68 Chevelle 396, 68 Nova Pro-street (that I never finished),a 91 Mustang and now my 10 Camaro. I still don't understand the attitudes of some people towards brands but having said that I know a crap load of people who are true car guys and can appreciate every make, model, custom piece etc. Those are the guys worth talking to at the shows and the track.

I know a guy that has a GT 500 ($75K) and he took me for a ride. There is nothing like a blower whine while getting pinned in the seat. Makes me want to get one for the Camaro. He is Ford guy through and through but he loved my Camaro and was thinking of buying one.
IOM2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey Frank, great to hear that you and others are really enjoying your "Shark"
Hopefully we can get the 3 musketiers in one place together soon.
I must say, when driving this car, i get waves and thumbs ups from challengers (SRT8-great guy) corvette z06s, almost every domestic car out there, yet when i drive by a mustang, and i love mustangs, brother has an 05, all of them give me a snobby stare, or pretend im not there at all. ANd im a pretty optamistic person too. Anyyways this car brings people closer together then any other car ihave seen. Us domestics need to show appreciation towards each other just for buying these great cars. And now i have started a wave that hopefully catches on (to domestic cars only) I have showed the car to atleast 30 random people and when i mean show, i mean i let them sit in her just so they can get a feel of how great GM made this car. Everyone always is startled when i let them or someone else in my car " I would never let people sit in my car" i just tell them how proud i am and how great the car is inside and out. You need to get in the car and get a feel for it to truly understand the quality and beauty of this car. I love this car so much and am sooo proud to own a camaro that im willing to show everyone just to prove it.
Hope everyone gets their babies soon and have the ability to enjoy them.
I have one more month with my baby, then surgery and no Namaro til next april or may....sad, what an early storage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #18
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hey Frank, great to hear that you and others are really enjoying your "Shark"
Hopefully we can get the 3 musketiers in one place together soon.
I must say, when driving this car, i get waves and thumbs ups from challengers (SRT8-great guy) corvette z06s, almost every domestic car out there, yet when i drive by a mustang, and i love mustangs, brother has an 05, all of them give me a snobby stare, or pretend im not there at all. ANd im a pretty optamistic person too. Anyyways this car brings people closer together then any other car ihave seen. Us domestics need to show appreciation towards each other just for buying these great cars. And now i have started a wave that hopefully catches on (to domestic cars only) I have showed the car to atleast 30 random people and when i mean show, i mean i let them sit in her just so they can get a feel of how great GM made this car. Everyone always is startled when i let them or someone else in my car " I would never let people sit in my car" i just tell them how proud i am and how great the car is inside and out. You need to get in the car and get a feel for it to truly understand the quality and beauty of this car. I love this car so much and am sooo proud to own a camaro that im willing to show everyone just to prove it.
Hope everyone gets their babies soon and have the ability to enjoy them.
I have one more month with my baby, then surgery and no Namaro til next april or may....sad, what an early storage
Thanx, nice to hear you'll still out there . I get the same reaction, from stang owners, but they'll soon come around...I hope. As far as letting people sit in my car...I am VERY SELECTIVE. Last Sunday, people thought I was giving free interior tours, by letting them sit in it...NOT! I guess they misunderstood, when I let a guy sit in my car (Good friend from the Corvette Forum). The reaction is unbelievable, and I will take it all in stride and enjoy every minute of it. It's the parents with kids, and their sticky fingers that really pi$$ me off...I want to smack the parents for not being able to control their kids. At this cruise the club members announce many times throughout the night, PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE CARS, PARENTS KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY FROM THE CARS, THERE IS A LOT OF HARD EARNED MONEY PUT INTO THESE CARS!". Hope to get together soon.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #19
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
LOL... had a GT500 driver the other day who wouldnt give me the time of day when I asked him about his car. Its an nice car.. very Nice. He was more interested in showing me he could tear it up in a parking lot.... OOOOHHHH AHHHHH. Not sure why he had an attitude. It boggles my mind unless he was afraid I was stealing the glory of the people who were looking at my car instead of his....
I'd be happy just to see another nice car in the show, whether it be a Scion, Hotrod, GT500 or a Lamborghini..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #20
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post

However, this Sunday, for some unknown reason, I had a Stang GT500 park on one side and a Cobra GT on the other (what were they thinking ).

[/B]
They were thinking American muscle cars should stick together?

Now, if your car really DOES change to an autobot of some type, we would be afraid. Otherwise...um...not so much!

Another thought: There could be a day in the near future where, everyone is gathered around a 2011 Camaro Convertible and trust me you won't be happy that day. Enjoy it while you can.
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #21
Bleueyes3334
BLEUZ10

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT SR BK Lthr
Send a message via AIM to Bleueyes3334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Somebody give me some tissues...I'm going to cry..
Share those tissues!
Bleueyes3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
T's_1st_Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro; 2005 Avalanche
Squalo,

I hope to one day be able to join you and show off my baby (once she's born, if ever, getting frustrated). A beautiful 2SS pulled up beside me yesterday and everyone in the parking lot was looking at it. THey sure command a lot of attention...

Enjoy it, you deserve it!
T's_1st_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #23
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy and old View Post

Another thought: There could be a day in the near future where, everyone is gathered around a 2011 Camaro Convertible and trust me you won't be happy that day. Enjoy it while you can.
it wont be the convertable camaro but the next time people gather it will all be about the Z28.

Squalo, will u be going to the maple show tommorow? assuming the weather holds up it would be great. ill make sure to park my 70 z28 on one side of urs and see if i could get my dad to park the 69 ss on the other side of urs lol

o and ill bring my camera for sure.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #24
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
it wont be the convertable camaro but the next time people gather it will all be about the Z28.

Squalo, will u be going to the maple show tommorow? assuming the weather holds up it would be great. ill make sure to park my 70 z28 on one side of urs and see if i could get my dad to park the 69 ss on the other side of urs lol

o and ill bring my camera for sure.
I'm planning on it, but the darn weather keeps changing, if it holds up I will be there for sure. Then again they called for scattered showers last week and it never happened, at least not in Maple.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #25
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
what time is this show at tonight?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #26
SQUALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's_1st_Camaro View Post
Squalo,

I hope to one day be able to join you and show off my baby (once she's born, if ever, getting frustrated). A beautiful 2SS pulled up beside me yesterday and everyone in the parking lot was looking at it. THey sure command a lot of attention...

Enjoy it, you deserve it!
Hang in there, it'll show up before you know it, I, and everyone else, went through the same thing. What's your TPW (target production week)? If you don't know call your dealer and get it from them.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #27
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
what time is this show at tonight?
it starts at around 6 and goes till everyone leaves.
DAMN, i new i should have went, the weather turned out nice after all. friggen toronto weather and its stupid burst of random stuff, thundershowers this morning, rain in the afternoon, a beutiful evening. FANTASTIC mother nature.
TJ if u want dude come out to the AMC show tommorow night. its in woodbridge hwy7/hwy 400. the AMC show host roughly 100+ cars every monday. pm me if u want to come and we can meet up, i live in woodbridge so we can meet at a timmies near it and cruise over.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #28
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Back to back wins!!! Congrats!