Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #15
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
I received my car within 40 days - I think most of the delays that are being seen are either fairly normal production and shipping delays or more likely caused by dealer related allocation and honesty with the customer issues.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #16
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
My goodness, I sympathize with the original poster in some ways. But this stuff has been beaten to death on here.

If you ordered back in October of 2008 when orders opened up, and production didn't start until the middle of March, you knew that going in. So I would discount that time period from the "Wait time - You knew that was there.

Now as far as waiting for your order from a later order date. This is an automobile. Not a fast food restaurant. Try ordering a car from one of the Japaneses or German manufacturetrs and see how long you would have to wait.

The entire pre-order process was out there for everyone to see and understand.

Sheesh. The horse is long gone to the glue factory. Let's stop beating it.

This isn't McDonalds and this isn't Big Mac that you get in three minutes.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You made my point..... It's not about the consumer, and that's the problem ........And it's about where you live......It shouldn't matter where you order from if done right......
That is not possible.... GM can only produce a certain amount of vehicles. Not everyone is going to get their car right away.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #18
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Practically every other manufacturing and retail business goes by a first come first serve. All order go into a main database and are pulled as they come in based on parts availability ...... All orders should have gone into GM at 2000 and pulled from there ..... But that is just to simple of an idea for most to understand..... Remember K.I.S.S. it will take you a long way in life ......
Old 10-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Practically every other manufacturing and retail business goes by a first come first serve. All order go into a main database and are pulled as they come in based on parts availability ...... All orders should have gone into GM at 2000 and pulled from there ..... But that is just to simple of an idea for most to understand..... Remember K.I.S.S. it will take you a long way in life ......

It really is NOT that simple and you know it. There are complex reasons as to why GM cannot do this that go into federal and state law.

And if Scott has to explain this one more time on this site, he may blow a headgasket.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #20
Pappi

Drives: 2010 IBM 2 LT RS
If not for allocation us small town peeps would never see a camaro.
Pappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:14 PM   #21
ShnOmac

Quote:
....and auto manufactures have laws that are to difficult for most to understand.

I can see that no matter what I say I am going to be wrong and you are going to be right. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #22
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
ordered mine in June too, just got my built date for the 26th of this month.....try another dealer if you MUST have it now plenty of other dealers could help you out.

Also 2-3 good changes have been fixed/changed since June, so the cars coming off the line are getting better

sorry your dealer sucks ass, i would try a different one even out of state
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #23
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
....and auto manufactures have laws that are to difficult for most to understand.

I can see that no matter what I say I am going to be wrong and you are going to be right. Good luck!

You haven't really said anything other than it's not possible and your dealer is an idiot ..... That really doesn't explain much as far as why GM has to be different than other manufactures.....

To this day I've never read anything anywhere that said the Government mandated allocation.... If someone could post up a like to a set of white papers stating this, it would help clear things up....
Old 10-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Geez I'm tired of hearing people whine! It only took four months for mine to get here. So go buy a Toyota! If you can't hang you don't deserve such a fine automobile.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #25
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
I started out #30+ but now I am the NEXT to be built! To get THE CAR I WANT, the WAY I want it, for the PRICE I am willing to pay.... I would wait a year!

Do you have your camaro yet? Is it what you wanted? Did you pay MSRP or more? It you would have waited for this awesome car... you would have had yours by now!
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #26
ShnOmac

Quote:
That really doesn't explain much as far as why GM has to be different than other manufactures.....
Different from what other manufacturers? You can only compare them to other auto manufacturers and you sure cant compare them to a company that is making a billion products in a year..... Sorry I wish I had the actual laws infront of me but I dont and even if I did im sure it would fill up thousands of pages.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
You haven't really said anything other than it's not possible and your dealer is an idiot ..... That really doesn't explain much as far as why GM has to be different than other manufactures.....

To this day I've never read anything anywhere that said the Government mandated allocation.... If someone could post up a like to a set of white papers stating this, it would help clear things up....
You're just proving his point. People from GM who know more about this subject than you have explained why they have the allocation system in place, yet you refuse to believe them.

Do you honestly believe GM wouldn't fill orders on a first-come-first-serve basis if they could? That's the quickest way to get orders filled and in turn receive money. But they can't.

You're comparing apples to oranges. You can't look at the automotive industry and expect everything to be the same as the textile industry or the computer industry.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #28
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Different from what other manufacturers? You can only compare them to other auto manufacturers and you sure cant compare them to a company that is making a billion products in a year.....

It doesn't matter if it's cars, tractors or microwaves...... The way you conduct business should be the same.......

The auto industry has made it about the dealer location and sales, not about the consumers themselves .....

I'm still waiting on that link to the Government mandates.... Should be a matter of public record if it were true ..... Funny no one has every produced such proof....