Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #85
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Stretch View Post
I think as far as the challenger sales go it was pretty easy choice.. a lot of people quoted slow and cost too much which are both true but it looks great.. the problem and the drop off occurred when you couldn't do anything to them. Me personally I had a list of mods in my head before I even went to find my camaro. Most muscle car guys whether your poison is GM performance , ford racing/SVT, or MOPAR are already thinking of how to "wake up" or make your car faster. Chopping, rodding, and modding the car are what most of us gearheads like most. When the Chrysler group took that away their sales plummeted.

That being said now that Diablosport cracked the tuning issue and Chrysler released at SEMA this week that they are releasing tuning logic you will see their sales rise as the faithful come back and also some new buyers. Those HEMI's have so much potential and soon we will all be able to see it at the track or on the highway if that's your kind of racing. I personally saw a couple challenger owning buddy's break into a happy dance when I told them the news lol

My .02 for whatever its worth
The dramatic design change in the gen 5 Camaro's seems to appeal to just about everyone. If I would have bought the Challenger and then seen a new Camaro I would have been pissed off I didn't wait. I'm not saying one car is better than another, but I am saying that I think the Camaro is the best looking. The biggest turn off to the Challenger was because the dealer I checked the car out at told me that it was a policy to not let anyone drive a manual Challenger w/ Hemi. The sales guy would have taken me for a ride but would not allow me to drive the Hemi Challenger.

I can understand not wanting to let a 20 year old jump into the drivers seat of a Hemi Challenger but I'm not a 20 year old. Hindsite I'm really glad the dealer did that because it just made the purchase of my SS a little sweeter.
If I had the money I would own all 3 of the new muscle cars.

Just curious.....why are you Mustang owners members of a Camaro forum? I understand all are welcome to join the forum but did you join to defend the Mustang? Is Ford and the Mustang that important to you? The blue Mustang is really a nice looking car by the way.

Russ
Old 11-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #86
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Just gonna say I have only met a handful of mustang guys that weren't jerks to me. Im sure there are camaro guys out there to that are jerks to but in my experiences I've been excepted and treated better by the people here on C5 and in the camaro world than I have by ford guys. And I happen to be a very nice girl. And I do think sometimes it's jealousy. I think some people tend to treat others like crap when they dont deserve it because they are jealous of them or what they have.
Of course I would be jealous of a smexy IOM Camaro too...
Old 11-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #87
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 IngotSilver 5.0 View Post
Let's see, how does it compare to the 2003-2009 Camaro?

Be proud. Be very proud.
Ford should have stopped production for a big chunk of the 70's and 80's. Then they wouldn't have these EMBARRASSMENTS to look back on.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #88
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Be proud.
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #89
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Somehow I doubt that some guy named Joe Ruggirello ever looked upon the Mustang II as an embarassment. Embarassed lots of other folks with his M II, though.

OHIOSS - I've never regretted any of our car choices, and certainly not the '08 Mustang.

If I was into holding regrets, I might as well let myself be "pissed off" that Ford waited three more years to put the new 5.0/6 speed manual in the Mustang instead of the 4.6/5 speed that I do have. But I won't waste any time regretting that, either.

Like your former co-worker's situation, the 5th gen Camaro was not an option at the time I bought mine, and it's just plain silly to have regrets about a "choice" that you couldn't have done any differently at the time.

If he felt that strongly, why had he not simply traded up?

Norm
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #90
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Talked to a former co-worker this morning that I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Asked him how he liked his 2007 Mustang GT he bought new. He said he likes the car a lot but had a few problems in the beginning that were covered under warranty.

I asked him if he has a hatred towards the Camaro like many Mustang owners seem to have. His response was priceless....he is pissed off because he likes the new Camaro's more than the Mustang he bought and wished he would have waited to buy a Camaro.

I have often wondered how many Mustang owners that wished they wouldn't have bought a Mustang after seeing the new Camaro.

Russ
His car's five years old, so surely due for replacement anyway. Why doesn't he just buy a new Camaro? That's what I did. I had a 2008 Mustang GT,and swapped to the Camaro in 2011.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #91
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
I don't have hate for either. Both are great cars in their own different ways. I've even had both. I had an 07' GT. Loved it....but traded it for my Camaro...
Old 11-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #92
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
The dramatic design change in the gen 5 Camaro's seems to appeal to just about everyone. If I would have bought the Challenger and then seen a new Camaro I would have been pissed off I didn't wait. I'm not saying one car is better than another, but I am saying that I think the Camaro is the best looking. The biggest turn off to the Challenger was because the dealer I checked the car out at told me that it was a policy to not let anyone drive a manual Challenger w/ Hemi. The sales guy would have taken me for a ride but would not allow me to drive the Hemi Challenger.

I can understand not wanting to let a 20 year old jump into the drivers seat of a Hemi Challenger but I'm not a 20 year old. Hindsite I'm really glad the dealer did that because it just made the purchase of my SS a little sweeter.
If I had the money I would own all 3 of the new muscle cars.

Just curious.....why are you Mustang owners members of a Camaro forum? I understand all are welcome to join the forum but did you join to defend the Mustang? Is Ford and the Mustang that important to you? The blue Mustang is really a nice looking car by the way.

Russ
Im a mustang fan/previous owner. I am here because I am not a blind brand loyal fan boy. I grew up around GM, but when it came time for me to start driving in my own opinion Ford offered better choices for me. So right now Im a ford guy. GM makes something that I can afford/want I would go back to GM. This site is a good source of info on what GM is doing.

Also I dont think anyone can deny that the fanboyism from the GM faithful and blue oval is pretty funny at times too.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #93
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray bullitt View Post
I had a 2008 Mustang GT,and swapped to the Camaro in 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchin2Chevy View Post
I had an 07' GT. Loved it....but traded it for my Camaro...
Just curious, but why did you guys trade your V8 Mustang for a V6 Camaro instead of a Camaro SS?
Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #94
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
Just curious, but why did you guys trade your V8 Mustang for a V6 Camaro instead of a Camaro SS?
Cheapskates
Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #95
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I wanted a Mustang until I saw the new Camaros, then it was no contest, Mustang was out of the question.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #96
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
The dramatic design change in the gen 5 Camaro's seems to appeal to just about everyone.
I have to honestly say that the car looks lots better in the metal than the spy pictures that got posted over on CamaroZ28.com and elsewhere made it look.

Also honestly, I'd have really preferred that the beltline be just a little bit lower, maybe half an inch or so. I think it would have given the car a lighter and somewhat more graceful appearance.

Quote:

Russ
I've been a member on three other Camaro/F-body boards for up to over ten years, which is about the same length of time I've been on any Mustang boards. So it's nothing new, and like on the other boards I'm not here to keep stirring the brand loyalty/fanboy-ism pot.

I really am a car guy first, with mostly an interest in the technical side of what makes them perform (and what might make them perform better).

If you'd asked me back around 2005 if I thought I'd ever buy a Mustang, I honestly would not have been able to say yes at that time.

Norm
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #97
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I have to honestly say that the car looks lots better in the metal than the spy pictures that got posted over on CamaroZ28.com and elsewhere made it look.

Also honestly, I'd have really preferred that the beltline be just a little bit lower, maybe half an inch or so. I think it would have given the car a lighter and somewhat more graceful appearance.

I've been a member on three other Camaro/F-body boards for up to over ten years, which is about the same length of time I've been on any Mustang boards. So it's nothing new, and like on the other boards I'm not here to keep stirring the brand loyalty/fanboy-ism pot.

I really am a car guy first, with mostly an interest in the technical side of what makes them perform (and what might make them perform better).

If you'd asked me back around 2005 if I thought I'd ever buy a Mustang, I honestly would not have been able to say yes at that time.

Norm
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #98
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
to some folks, a run of the mill $18k-$38k Camaro is a dream and is better than everything else even when it doesn't measure performance-wise, while it is just a cheap car to some.

Closed Thread