Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #113
CJP
Camaro Guru

Drives: 1967 Camaro SS / 1998 3800 II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post

Not that I don't think it's funny, remember all my pics are tagged and copyrighted, seeing is how I'm the guy who took them.

CJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #114
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
Is this package going to be available as on option on Chevy.com?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #115
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Wouldnt it be the RS style spoiler, not the SS?
RS and SS spoiler are the same. Thought I had read that the synergy SE car would have a high-wing spoiler, but guess the decided against that.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:55 PM   #116
RedBarchetta

Drives: Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Citrus Green isn't close to Synergy Green - nor is ABM close to Mulsanne Blue........(other than "Green" and "Blue")
Actually Mulsanne Blue has more green in it vs ABM.

I still believe both new colors are retreads of Camaros gone by. And having owned Citrus Green, I wouldn't buy Synergy Green. I'm no marketing genius, but I view it as a bad move on GM's part. Consumers will have a lot of fun when they try to resell or trade-in.
RedBarchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #117
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoliver View Post
Dont like this at all.. its gona flood the markets even more like the V6's do. Get a V8 and do the car justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I don't think so. Respectfully speaking, Number 3, I don't think anything GM does is going to balance out the sales between V6's and V8's. I think there are too many V6 apologists out there that have entirely too much regret and too many people that just flat out want a V8 at any cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngoliver View Post
The car is ment to be a V8.
When i get my SS and i see a V6 on the road im just gona laugh.
The V6's will flood the market just like what happend to the mustangs when they completely redid their bodystyle.
And this green car isnt helping unfortunately.
Wow, lots of V6 hate out there, even though the V6 can still stomp about any car in its price bracket... It's still a Camaro peeps, don't be the d bag that thinks he is tough sh** cuz you have 2 more cylinders. Another fact for ya: This V6 has more power than some older V8 Camaros....

Quote:
Originally Posted by X33 View Post
Only thing missing is the John Deer logo.........yuck
Entirely different shade of green, though I still don't like this that much. On an unrelated note: whats up with barely anyone offering green on their vehicles these days (a nice forest green-ish shade would be good)?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #118
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddylok View Post
it is like standard 19" 2LT rims, but the ones in this picture looks bigger
You're right, they look bigger, but with the design of the polished 19's.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #119
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Looks good. But, I completely disagree with only offering it on the 1LT.

I think GM made a bad decision on this one. Sure, there will be a few sales....but, I personally think offering it on teh SS models too (c'mon...it's only a front facia that has to be painted too!) would have been a much wiser decision.
I agree with you Tag, it should have been offered on the SS. Perhaps 1SS only so they could sell more of those as they too are lacking.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #120
Rhetor

Drives: My Other Car Is a Harley! (03 SERK)
So sad can't be gotten stock with a V8 (real muscle) . . . saw the synergy green from SEMA . . . loved the color on the 2010 Camaro! Would have waited and bought it . . . until I find out there would be no stock V8 2SS !!!!! What the...?

Does GM need another new CEO to figure out that if you want to increase your sales . . . well, simply build more of what people really want to buy!

Seriously, how hard would it have been to add a V8 option in synergy green? Expand the factory? No! Build an additional Synergy Green V8 specific manufacturing line? No! Pay more in painting costs? No! Reprogram an existing dedicated build line? No!

Let's see . . . what would it cost extra to offer the Synergy Green in a V8? We all watched the Ultimate Factory video . . . and there are no model specific paint lines . . . different colors painted one right after the other in the same . . . regardless of model options . . . what would be the additional manufacturing and engineering and fiscal plant costs to add a V8 option to build a synergy green cars and thereby give more customers what they want, sell more cars, and increase profits? Nothing! $0 Nada! Zilch!

But I bet the white collar geniuses at the top get a 2009 bonus from our tax dollars which kept GM open!

Wow! Does not take an engineer to figure out they could sell even more of the synergy green cars if it was more than a 6 cylinder choice!

Come on . . . get your head out of it GM white collars . . . before you have to sell out us to KIA!

Last edited by Rhetor; 01-14-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Rhetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #121
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post
So sad can't be gotten stock with a V8 (real muscle) . . . saw the synergy green from SEMA . . . loved the color on the 2010 Camaro! Would have waited and bought it . . . until I find out there would be no stock V8 2SS !!!!! What the...?

Does GM need another new CEO to figure out that if you want to increase your sales . . . well, simply build more of what people really want to buy!

Seriously, how hard would it have been to add a V8 option in synergy green? Expand the factory? No! Build a SYnergy Green V* specific build line? No! Pay more in painting costs? No! Reprogram a dedicated build line? No!

Let's see . . . what would it cost extra to offer the Synergy Green in a v8? We all watched the Ultimate Factory video . . . and there is not model specific paint lines . . . different colors painted one right after the other in the same . . . regardless of model options . . . what would be the additional manufacturing and engineering and fiscal plant costs to add a V8 option to build a synergy green cars and thereby give more customers what they want, sell more cars, and increase profits? Nothing! $0 Nada! Zilch!

But I bet the white collar geniuses at the top get a 2009 bonus from our tax dollars which kept GM open!

Wow! Does not take an engineer to figure out they could sell even more of the synergy green cars if it was more than a 6 cylinder choice!

Come on . . . get your head out of it GM white collars . . . before you have to sell out to KIA!

Caaallllmm dooooowwwwwn! GM is doing quite well for itself now that it's out of bankruptcy and they've already announced that they're making a lot more than they thought they would on the Camaro.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #122
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor View Post

Seriously, how hard would it have been to add a V8 option in synergy green? Expand the factory? No! Build a SYnergy Green V* specific build line? No! Pay more in painting costs? No! Reprogram a dedicated build line? No!

Let's see . . . what would it cost extra to offer the Synergy Green in a v8? We all watched the Ultimate Factory video . . . and there is not model specific paint lines . . . different colors painted one right after the other in the same . . . regardless of model options . . . what would be the additional manufacturing and engineering and fiscal plant costs to add a V8 option to build a synergy green cars and thereby give more customers what they want, sell more cars, and increase profits? Nothing! $0 Nada! Zilch!

Come on . . . get your head out of it GM white collars . . . before you have to sell out to KIA!
easy there tiger no need to bash my company because they arent making the car you want.. NOT EVERY ONE WANTS THE GREEN IN V8 you have to look at the market for what needs to sell and start from there then open it to the SS ...

AS WE ALL KNOW not every color was even available for the SS model until 6-7 months after production started. but as stated dont bash my company because you are butt hurt about the car not being an SS or cause you think you paid so much in taxes to us...
Old 01-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #123
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
RS and SS spoiler are the same. Thought I had read that the synergy SE car would have a high-wing spoiler, but guess the decided against that.
Thank god for that.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #124
Q's 91z28
TX INFERNO SS

Drives: 1991 Z28
So much hate and drama over a color. I personally don't care for a green car and there are lots of people out there that probably don't care about SW or IOM, hence the beauty of having a choice. Plain and simple, if you don't like the green then don't buy it. I do feel like GM should have offered Synergy Green in a V8 model, either 1SS or 2SS.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #125
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q's 91z28 View Post
So much hate and drama over a color. I personally don't care for a green car and there are lots of people out there that probably don't care about SW or IOM, hence the beauty of having a choice. Plain and simple, if you don't like the green then don't buy it. I do feel like GM should have offered Synergy Green in a V8 model, either 1SS or 2SS.
well said. And if the current SG model sells well enough, maybe they WILL put it on an SS
Old 01-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #126
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
well said. And if the current SG model sells well enough, maybe they WILL put it on an SS
yupe some people just dont understand that