Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Rough running after 2 days of cold

I started the camaro yesterday morning after two days of sitting in my garage in temps around 20. The engine was running really rough like a plug was not firing. The engine light flashed on and off then came on solid. Took the car on the road and after a couple miles all was well. Anyone else have the same problem ? I don't want to take it in since It can't be replicated. I left it overnight and it was fine this morning. I guess I'll grab the code if it is there.:(
Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
they should still be able to read the code that was thrown and tell you what happened even if the cel is no longer on
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Mine, after two nights of sub 20* weather, decided to tell me that the AC is off due to engine temp. The fans ran constantly from startup, neither temp gauge worked and the CEL was on. The car wouldn't remote start and key starting it took three tries. It acted like it had a voltage issue.

One day of 30* night weather, the CEL is gone, car remote starts and when I took it in to my service department, they couldn't even find a history of the code. This after OnStart sent me an email and everything, lol.

In any case, I do believe the battery might be weak. We'll find out as the weather turns cold again.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Well I got the car hooked up to get the codes and there were none ?? But this morning I did get an e-mail from Onstar and there was no code on it either. Nothing was listed where the codes are listed in the email ???
I'm off to start the car this morning and see if this happens again .