Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #71
darthknight72

Drives: 1983 trans am
Last I heard its going to well over 4000lbs.Something like 4200 lbs.So if the camaro comes in about 3600lbs or so,The challenger wouldnt be much competition in a heads up comparsion to the camaro.
darthknight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:03 PM   #72
CamaroLovers
Chevy Luv

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 View Post
i no i cant wait to see the commercials for all the new cars
Yeah that would be great considering I don't ever remember seeing one ever before The Camaro is and always has been an awesome car but hopefully this time around GM will realize they also need to promote it more than just at the auto shows. I hope they have some really great commercials for the 5th gen's debut.
1986 IROC
1988 Camaro w/LS1
2001 Black Z28
CamaroLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #73
LDiablo
Z27 Enthusiast

Drives: 2007 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
No offense to Challengers...but I never did consider them in the same league as the Camaro. It was always Camaro vs. Mustang. Five pages of posts and no one once has challenged the assertion that Camaro and Challengers were rivals back in the day?

Contemporaries? Yes. Rivals? I'm not so sure.

Charger's a little more believable as a "rival" - my Dad told a great story about someone bringing a cherry '69 Charger to the dirt track in his town right off the dealer lot and how he opened it up on backstretch and just went monster. It made him a Dodge man for life.

And besides - didn't Daisy Duke drive a Challenger? C'mon. That writer didn't know what he was writing about.

Too bad the modern Challenger looks better and truer to its original than the Charger.

Make mine Camaro, please.
LDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:23 PM   #74
JeepinMatt

Drives: '99 Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDiablo View Post
No offense to Challengers...but I never did consider them in the same league as the Camaro. It was always Camaro vs. Mustang. Five pages of posts and no one once has challenged the assertion that Camaro and Challengers were rivals back in the day?

Contemporaries? Yes. Rivals? I'm not so sure.

Charger's a little more believable as a "rival" - my Dad told a great story about someone bringing a cherry '69 Charger to the dirt track in his town right off the dealer lot and how he opened it up on backstretch and just went monster. It made him a Dodge man for life.

And besides - didn't Daisy Duke drive a Challenger? C'mon. That writer didn't know what he was writing about.

Too bad the modern Challenger looks better and truer to its original than the Charger.

Make mine Camaro, please.
The Challenger was more of a pony car than the Charger. The Charger was quite a bit larger, a muscle car. The most likely reason that the Challenger/Cuda aren't often thought of as rivals is because they were a late comer to the party. The first one's appeared in 1970, 3 years after the Camaro and nearly 6 years after the Mustang. The modern Challenger does look like a separate breed though. Limited production and heavy.
JeepinMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 AM   #75
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Well, it's a Dodge - they're the Fat company.

I'd consider them both a rivals, just not nearly as "into it" as the Mustang.
The Current Charger might be better competition for the new RWD Impala, though.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #76
LDiablo
Z27 Enthusiast

Drives: 2007 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinMatt View Post
The Challenger was more of a pony car than the Charger. The Charger was quite a bit larger, a muscle car. The most likely reason that the Challenger/Cuda aren't often thought of as rivals is because they were a late comer to the party. The first one's appeared in 1970, 3 years after the Camaro and nearly 6 years after the Mustang. The modern Challenger does look like a separate breed though. Limited production and heavy.
Yeah... I tend to agree. When I think of comparable Chevy to the Challenger I think Chevelle.
LDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote