Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #141
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Hey Scott...those "vents" in front of the rear wheels going to be open? Pleeeeeez!!!:(

Blink once for yes and twice for no?

Better yet...can you please just blink once?!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #142
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Hmm... They "look" operational here... 'course there could still be black paint in there.

Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #143
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Not all newborns are beautiful! TRUST me!!!
Very true. Honestly, I've rarely EVER seen a newborn that was cute...

Quote:
I just consider it more inconvenient for the gas cap to be on the passenger side... If you think about it, you aren't going to jump out of the passenger side to start pumping your gas! Why do ANY cars have a passenger side gas cap???

My vote goes for driver's side, on top of the finder. Woot woot! :party0048:
While I do like the gas cap on the driver's side, it's not as much an issue when you don't have to pump your own gas. (And still have the lowest gas prices in the nation...) I haven't pumped gas since I was 15 (I'm 33 now) and had a job at a gas station... And I have no desire to ever do it again.

Quote:
I have a 2001 V6 with single exhaust...
Dual Exhaust was an option. My '02 V6 had it. It also had a few other things included that I honestly forget. Only one I remember was tighter steering (which I loved, but others always commented on how much effort it took to turn the wheel). I hope either the new Camaro has nice tight steering, or at least has the option.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:42 AM   #144
Jspeed

Drives: E46
Quote:
Why do ANY cars have a passenger side gas cap???
Just to answer your question, most European cars have the gas cap on the passenger side for two reasons. (most Japanese cars also have the gas cap on the passenger side in their domestic configuration)

1) If you run out of gas and stop on the side of the road, you can refill the tank safety on the curbside.

2) While pulling up to the pump, you won't have to worry about opening the door too far and hitting the island.

I personally don't care for those reasons too much, but I've noticed that most cars w/ the gas cap on the right side are higher-end cars (e.g. Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jaguar, Mercedes, Porsche). Naturally there are fewer of them on the road, so it's usually easier to find an available pump on the right side (assuming that all cars enter the station in the same direction).
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:49 AM   #145
fishbern82

Drives: 07 HHR
My 07 HHR has the gas cap on the passenger side. it was confusing at first but i got used to it.
fishbern82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #146
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Just to answer your question, most European cars have the gas cap on the passenger side for two reasons. (most Japanese cars also have the gas cap on the passenger side in their domestic configuration)

1) If you run out of gas and stop on the side of the road, you can refill the tank safety on the curbside.

2) While pulling up to the pump, you won't have to worry about opening the door too far and hitting the island.

I personally don't care for those reasons too much, but I've noticed that most cars w/ the gas cap on the right side are higher-end cars (e.g. Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jaguar, Mercedes, Porsche). Naturally there are fewer of them on the road, so it's usually easier to find an available pump on the right side (assuming that all cars enter the station in the same direction).
Never thought of those reasons before, but those are really good. Personally, doesn't matter either way to me. Both have their pros and cons I suppose.

Oh, and as far as being confused about what side it is on, I am very thankful GM has taken the simple step of including an arrow on the gas gauge to help you out. Coming back from England and driving my car for the first time in months, I actually forgot for a moment and the arrow helped. Thanks GM for doing something everyone should do just out of common sense.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:18 AM   #147
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post

one hell of a first post! makes since if you think about it though. still hoping that they put that gas cap on the driver side though. but now that I have your insight I cant get angry if it isnt
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #148
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
The cap's on the passengers side on my CTS. No biggie. I still would like it on top of the left shoulder, but hey, I want cut out vents too, functional or not, but that's just me.
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #149
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
1. I never let the gas get that low (I've never run out of gas...). If the gas gauge gets low, you just pull up to the pump. Filler'up.

2. Yes, I hate that part about being careful w/ the door at the pump. But, you would be just as careful any other time...at Walmart getting out next to another car, at the grocerty store, etc, etc, etc,...no different.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #150
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
^^^

My next question would be what is going to happen with the rear vents?
If you look closely at the pictures of the prototype on the trailer, you can see the vents exposed quite a bit where the camo is ironically enough, trying to cover the details. Either the vents are extremely deep, or they are completely cut out. Compare the black part to the white and you will see what I am talking about. I'm almost positive they are cut out completely. Not only that, I would imagine all the vehicles would come like that. It's cheaper for GM's bottom line to make only one type. Less machines to operate, you know! These pics are the shizzle! I can't get enough of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
I doubt they'll cut them open, and even if they do they'll be non-working... It's not like the slots will be cooling it's "mid-engine" or anything. I think it's cheesy too, designers shouldn't put non-functioning vents on cars-- leave that to Mattel. It worked nicely on the mustang because that's a cheesy car
Believe it or not, it helps stabilize the rear of the car if they are done correctly. It's all about airflow dynamics. There is also a way to channel the air into the braking system. I would not expect anything like that on her though. She's got to be priced right, 'ya know!
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:57 PM   #151
Jeffy

Drives: Chevy
I think it kinda boring.
It nothing near the concept vehicle.
What that little light bellow the red lens? Backup lens? If so, dumb looking.
Think the golf clubs will fit in the trunk? Maybe yours, but not your wife or your buddy clubs.

Both Challenger and Mustang are way ahead of the Camaro in styling.
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #152
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I think it kinda boring.
Think the golf clubs will fit in the trunk? Maybe yours, but not your wife or your buddy clubs.

Freedom of opinion. That's why I'm proud to be an American. I'm not sorry to say I don't feel the same way, Jeffy. Welcome to the sight anyway. Hey, at least you like American builders.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #153
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
I think it kinda boring.

Dude, you're wrong about the mustang's styling being ahead of the Camaro... just plain wrong. What's boring about the pre-production model Camaro? Anything in particular? It's very close if not identical to the concept. The mirrors have thickened, the tires shrunk, there's a b-pillar... but other than that, what's so different to you? and who goes "golfing" in their Camaro??? I thought that's what Park Avenues were for...
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #154
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I think it kinda boring.

If you were to ignore materials and look at the shape and style then the prototype is very close to the concept, inside and out. Now, that doesn't mean you have to like it. Lots of people prefer the retro styling of the Challenger more than they like the more modern Camaro. Lots of others see things the other way. But only someone who is blind would say that the prototype is nothing like the concept.

As far as the trunk space goes, it goes back fairly far as near as I can tell. It also looks reasnably wide, not sure how deep it is but the Camaro has a pretty thick back end so I don't imagine that will be a problem either. The problem is that it will have a small opening. Overall, it will have a nice sized trunk for a performance car.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote