Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: If I were to buy out of state. Which would you recommend? (keep in mind I live in OK)
Classic Chevy 8 25.00%
CamaroScotty 11 34.38%
Becky @ Rodgers 8 25.00%
Dont' buy out of state. After traveling costs you would be paying msrp bascially 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Worth the trip?

I have heard numerous times about Classic Chevy by DFW airport, CamaroScotty, and Becky @ Rodgers Chevy to be the best in the country as far as pricing and how amazing they treat their customers. Obviously it would be easier on me to go to Classic bc it's only 4 hours from where I live (and it's right by the airport if I were to fly (I could walk there from the airport!). The harder decision would be to go to Michigan or Wisconsin to pick up my car and drive it back with putting miles on it.. Although I would rather enjoy a nice little road trip in my new baby.. However wouldn't I be basically paying MSRP for the car with the money I have to pay for the flight on the way there and the gas on the way back?

Your thoughts... I would love to hear them!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
why not have the car drop shipped to a dealer near you?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Is that possible though one of those three dealers? How is it done and how much would it cost?!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Drop shipping a car has been an option for several people, especially those that are a distance away. It's pretty simple and has proved to be a convenient alternative to flying in and driving home. It's always possible to have a car shipped right from the dealers lot right to your house!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
My 2nd one will be done this way (shipped), unless I but a used one.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

What's the average cost of shipping it to your home and how is the process done?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i would never go put of state, but i live in MI is i guess i dont have to
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I would not do all the traveling either. Cant you just go to a local dealer? But if u wanted to buy from one these places then i would get it brought to a local place.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
I have heard numerous times about Classic Chevy by DFW airport, CamaroScotty, and Becky @ Rodgers Chevy to be the best in the country as far as pricing and how amazing they treat their customers. Obviously it would be easier on me to go to Classic bc it's only 4 hours from where I live (and it's right by the airport if I were to fly (I could walk there from the airport!). The harder decision would be to go to Michigan or Wisconsin to pick up my car and drive it back with putting miles on it.. Although I would rather enjoy a nice little road trip in my new baby.. However wouldn't I be basically paying MSRP for the car with the money I have to pay for the flight on the way there and the gas on the way back?

Your thoughts... I would love to hear them!
All the dealers you asked about are TOP NOTCH!!!

My personal preference is Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet; ok, a little prejudice, but Becky displays both personalism and professionalism on / off this site.

I have personally saved thousands off my new truck, by dealing with Becky and when I was Rodgers Chevrolet, the GM notice the SharkFin didn't quite match the RED/WHITE/BLUE of Veteran 1, and without hesitation they took the SharkFIn off and painted it to match (RED) huge difference in looks........Which happens to be one of Rodgers Chevrolet bonus, is to paint them to match the color on all C5's they sell!!

We have C5'ers from Florida to California to military members returning from IRAQ buying cars from Becky..................
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
I would not do all the traveling either. Cant you just go to a local dealer? But if u wanted to buy from one these places then i would get it brought to a local place.
I would love to buy from a local dealer. However the people in my area claim it is rather difficult to get the pricing that some of these out of state dealers are doing for other Camaro5 members.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
All the dealers you asked about are TOP NOTCH!!!

My personal preference is Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet; ok, a little prejudice, but Becky displays both personalism and professionalism on / off this site.

I have personally saved thousands off my new truck, by dealing with Becky and when I was Rodgers Chevrolet, the GM notice the SharkFin didn't quite match the RED/WHITE/BLUE of Veteran 1, and without hesitation they took the SharkFIn off and painted it to match (RED) huge difference in looks........Which happens to be one of Rodgers Chevrolet bonus, is to paint them to match the color on all C5's they sell!!

We have C5'ers from Florida to California to military members returning from IRAQ buying cars from Becky..................
If I was within 4-6 hours of Becky's dealer I would buy from them without hesitation. It's a little more difficult when I live 12-13 hours away.. Personally I would love to make the trip because I can stop by cities I have never seen before, but I am trying to save as much money on this car as possible overall.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #12
wavrun2000
o come on

Drives: 06 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
I would love to buy from a local dealer. However the people in my area claim it is rather difficult to get the pricing that some of these out of state dealers are doing for other Camaro5 members.

Maybe you should go in and see for yourself. It is worth a try and may be less of a hassle then traveling for a car that can be bought anywhere. I could see traveling for a Lambo or something but not a Camaro. In the long run after travel, gas, hotel, possible shipping cost you will probably be in the same ballpark as if you buy it locally, unless they are ripping you off that bad. That is my $0.02
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #13
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrun2000 View Post
Maybe you should go in and see for yourself. It is worth a try and may be less of a hassle then traveling for a car that can be bought anywhere. I could see traveling for a Lambo or something but not a Camaro. In the long run after travel, gas, hotel, possible shipping cost you will probably be in the same ballpark as if you buy it locally, unless they are ripping you off that bad. That is my $0.02
I appreciate your input. I really like to travel, but I am going to do my best to buy locally. If I have to.. I will probably go as far as Dallas to pick mine up since Classic is down there.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrun2000 View Post
I had over a dozen C5 members fly, walk, drive, boat... to my dealer last year when these cars were first coming out- mostly because, like Classic in TX, my dealer had a large allocation (meaning many ACTUALLY AVAILABLE) to order. I'm in NY- Buffalo area- and I had people from Florida, Kentucky, Ohio...So the idea of going "out of state" is neither new, nor in any way bad.

To the OP, you can't go wrong with any of the dealerships you listed IMO (you forgot Anna at Sparta ). They are all outstanding professionals. It may simply come down to which one has what you want in stock or who can get it the fastest if you order from scratch(depending on your timeframe).

My .02