Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2010, 02:28 PM   #29
Yakory1ss
Can't Wait

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss/rs cyber grey
Told my dealer to leave it off or he'd be buying me a new front. They left it off and i got a holder that needed no drilling. You got screwed on this one my friend. They need to replace it for you if they drilled it without talking to you first. Regardless of your state laws!!1
Yakory1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #30
nWo4Life

Drives: 2010 2LT RS, silver w/ black stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakory1ss View Post
Told my dealer to leave it off or he'd be buying me a new front. They left it off and i got a holder that needed no drilling. You got screwed on this one my friend. They need to replace it for you if they drilled it without talking to you first. Regardless of your state laws!!1
they said up here in canada when the new cars are sent to provinces that require front plates, the factory puts them in and you cant get them without front plates in ontario & other provinces that require them....which is where my camaro came from....
nWo4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:11 AM   #31
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
I'd agree about the bumper plugs except the 4 holes are in a diagonal shape, even symmetrical it'd look really odd IMO. I hadn't heard about plastic fills not being good until this thread, what makes them not a good choice?
I would go with the Plugs also.

Filling the plastic and painting over will possibly cause problems later. Over time the expansion and contraction of the fascia and the plastic filler will cause the paint over the plugs to crack or distort.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #32
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If you require a front license plate, a good option instead of driving around illegally or drilling holes in the front is installing one of these retractable license plate holders/frames:

http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx...ew&cartid=8541

http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx...ew&cartid=8541

I wish I had been given an option on whether or not to have the front plate frame, but since it is there and I require it for my state, I guess I will just use it.
SSMOKINHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #33
david50camaro

Drives: 2012 camaro ls
you have to keep it dude....i got pulled over for not having front plates and now im bein forced to put them!
david50camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #34
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Has anyone tried this? It's made for flexible bumpers
http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/sho...ondo_7100086-p
Old 08-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
WTF do you mean by ".....my time living in the states taught me how to be an asshole very well "? Are you anti American? I met some real pieces of shit on my travels through Canada but I would never tag a whole country with that.
How dare he intimate that we are assholes! My time living in the US (my whole life) has taught me how to be an asshole too. Kinda proud that I have that right, too.
Canadians are raised to be assholes too, but they're so damn polite and correct and affable about it you're never sure if they're being an ass or they're just foreign. A Canadian fellow once referred to me as a yank. I replied that I'd rather be a yank than a JERK like him.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #36
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Took mine off when I put on my ZL1 grille and street scene lower grille, it is riveted at the back, they just snap off with enough force. The only problem is on a lighter color car you can notice better on mine not so much..
Old 08-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #37
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
http://www.bumperplugs.com/products.html

Plugs would work fine for me. So has anyone removed the rivits by themself? I know they would need to be drilled out but curious how you would stop them from spinning and then recover the back portion from inside the grill. I suppose you would have to pull the bumper to do it right. Hmmm??? I put an amber yellow cover over mine and it not as bad. Kinda blends it in.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #38
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I could never bring myself to buy a car with a front plate bracket installed. Ruins the entire look of the car. I feel your pain. I would purchase a new bumper cover and do the job right before I did any of the half ass fixes that you got referred to in this thread. Most of them would end up looking worse than the bracket itself.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #39
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
http://www.bumperplugs.com/products.html

Plugs would work fine for me. So has anyone removed the rivits by themself? I know they would need to be drilled out but curious how you would stop them from spinning and then recover the back portion from inside the grill. I suppose you would have to pull the bumper to do it right. Hmmm??? I put an amber yellow cover over mine and it not as bad. Kinda blends it in.
You don't have to drill if you go from the back of the bumper.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #40
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Drilled mine out from the front and used Bumper Plugs. Looks fine!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #41
Dave916

Drives: 2012 2lt rs
pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatt View Post
Drilled mine out from the front and used Bumper Plugs. Looks fine!
Got any pics thinking about doing this also?
Dave916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #42
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nWo4Life View Post
hmm i wonder if i could talk the dealership into fixing them.....my time living in the states taught me how to be an asshole very well
Ouch that hurt. Now I'm not going to share my great way of taking care of the holes in the bumper left behind when you remove the plate mount.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote