Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #57
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
angry bird i pose same question to you, as you have cloth and 1 LT which i would consider in a 2014 model due to price considerations. and you dont have the ba stereo too.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #58
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
angry bird i pose same question to you, as you have cloth and 1 LT which i would consider in a 2014 model due to price considerations. and you dont have the ba stereo too.
Hands down I would choose cloth over leather in a Convertible, both of the Saturn Skys I had had leather seats and you would burn up if you left it with the top down in the sun for very long. Also you need to keep the seats conditioned so the leather does not crack and fade from the sun.
I am not someone that cares about the stereo being one that rivals a home system. All convertibles do come with a sub woofer so it is better than the stereo I had in my 10 Coupe.
I think that is what you were asking about.
I am very happy with my convertible and the 13's and 14's are improved over it.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #59
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
itheragtopguy, you have a 2lt which i assume is leather, gauges, and ba stereo.
i am looking at a 2lt vert, 2013, new, and considering just ordering a 2014 1LT vert or a 2LT coupe. the new 13 are below invoice now with 1500 rebate. i wonder about leather in hot weather, but i could get a 13 2lt vert for price of a 14 1lt. what you think. i havent started negotiating yet. a 2014 2LT vert is out of my price range, but i could do a 2LT coupe. i am still trying to deceide if or what headaches the vert will pose instead of just going with coupe. thanks

You are correct Kevin. Plus it has the backup camera, which I love!!!

The leather interior does get rather hot in the sun, but to me, I just love the look of leather over cloth.....depends on your personal preferance. I love the BA sound, great even when cruising at 70 topless.

I have to believe that the tops on the 13s and definitely on the 14s have the bugs worked out of them......I am lucky and have had no issues with my water bag or top to this point....other than the wear marks. I now have 20K on my baby and still love her. Every day it seems I get some kind of compliment on this car and I just smile back and say 'yup, I love it too'.

There is no way that I would ever buy one of these without a convertible top......but that's why I'm the Ragtopguy!!!

Hope this helps your decision making. Happy car buying!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #60
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Sticker on the inside, door jam will give you the month and year built. You can go to your Chevy dealer's service dept. and give them the VIN and ask them to print a "build sheet" for you which will have the RPO codes (of all the equipment that your vehicle came with from the factory) and it should give you the DATE on which your Camaro was built (date, month & year).

Very happy 2011 'vert owner here. Aside from the "wave" in the top, bilaterally and a loose-fitting brake reservoir cap which I had replaced under warranty last week, I've not had any problems of any kind, thus far. Very, very happy with my 2011 Camaro Convertible.
Same here. Couple of minor issues and some rubbing, hopefully to be adjusted before fall at the dealer. Even Mercedes has had websites where lots of people would vent about particular models and problems. There was one site I remember which I can no longer find, perhaps it was directed to be taken down, I don't know.

Still love my SS vert but no longer drive it much, not very practical for a 5-day a week 130 mile commute. Would be $550+ per month in fuel cost alone - not happening.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #61
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Hands down I would choose cloth over leather in a Convertible, both of the Saturn Skys I had had leather seats and you would burn up if you left it with the top down in the sun for very long. Also you need to keep the seats conditioned so the leather does not crack and fade from the sun.
I am not someone that cares about the stereo being one that rivals a home system. All convertibles do come with a sub woofer so it is better than the stereo I had in my 10 Coupe.
I think that is what you were asking about.
I am very happy with my convertible and the 13's and 14's are improved over it.
Had leather in my coupe, BA stereo, sunroof. When I had the sunroof open the seats got very hot, not to mention had a seat back replaced because of wear on the side bolster. The BA stereo has a front center speaker that many are disconnecting to get a true stereo sound.

In my vert, I chose to get clothe seats and standard stereo and I am very glad I did. The clothe seems to "grip" you rather than slide on the leather. And I honestly can't tell the difference in the stereos. As for the backup camera, they are standard on ALL convertibles.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #62
kevinw

thanks guys. today i went to dealer. i sat in vert on and off for an hour or so. did same in a coupe. the vert i am looking at is 2013 2LT black on black with nav. beautiful car, was built sept. 2012, so its a year old. i was amazed at how small the back seat width wide, was. compared to coupe. the thick top too. i dont know. i am test driving both that car and a coupe next week. the vert has nav. and being its a year old, its below invoice already, but maybe go more. it only has 58 miles. its a non rs which i want for all season tires. i thought that stereo sounded great, and i played with radio and functions for an hour. i gueess you can play movies? my son asked. i could live with either a coupe or vert. if i order a 2014 vert, i have to go 1 LT, if i go coupe, i could afford 2LT. pros and cons to leather or cloth but i thought seats in both were comfortable. if interested in that vert i would offer invoice of what 1LT vert 2014 would be for that 2013. black, crystal red and that dark blue are of interest. but that back seat is not as wide. but its just me and my 9 yr old son.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #63
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Kevin, good luck no matter which one you choose. I just know that in my ragtop, I have a permanent grin with the top down and I am always looking for excuses to drive it someplace. Yeah, there's less room for baggage and stuff, but I don't care.....to have the top down cruisin' is like being at peace with nature to me.

[/SIZE]

Old 08-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #64
kevinw

thanks ragtop guy. i am just trying to justify the purchase and get somewhat practical too. see alot of verts with tops down this week here as weather been nice. would it bother you that this car is almost a year old, and never sold? would that be a red flag or does this happen alot? and how much you think dealer would come down as we enter the Fall? do you have anyone that sits in back seat of your car?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #65
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
I have a 2012 45th anniversary vert! No Problems at all!!
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #66
kevinw

lbreezie. thanks. is your car a daily driver, year round?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #67
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Kevin, I dunno why it has sat for a year. Not necessarily a red flag to me. Good for bargaining power on your side. I honestly have no clue how much he would come down for ya. That is for you guys to negotiate.

The only one that normally rides in my back seat is my German Shepherd Teddy. I always put a thick bedspread down for him.

Go with your gut feelings, that's what works for me.

[/SIZE]

Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #68
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Lots of reasons one could sit on the lot for a long time, location and how popular convertibles are in that location. Length of convertible season. Options the car has are not real desirable. Color.... Bunch of reasons, in fact mine was built in August of 2011 and I bought it in June if 2012. But mine was located in northern Ohio which is not the best area to sell convertibles.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #69
kevinw

oh ok. thanks. well, it is a 6 cylinder, not an 8, and doesnt have the RS package. so maybe that was the issue too. its all black with polished wheels, looks nice. but only 58 miles. the rotors were rusty even, but i know all cars do that. but, maybe thats a good test on the top, it sitting outside for a year. if it hasnt leaked by this point, maybe thats a good thing too