Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #71
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorable MPG1975 View Post
Do these system retain the stock exhaust manifolds or use headers? Hellion has been grabbing my attention as of late.
The factory exhaust manifolds are utilized in these systems
HELLION TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #72
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTI Nick View Post
...because Jeff @ IPS made the chart- not STS. This chart that Jeff has made is very helpful but also very misleading/informing.

I would suggest, when doing your homework on which kit to buy, that you contact the manufacture and find out for yourself what is included with each system.
- is there an echo in here
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #73
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTI Nick View Post
...because Jeff @ IPS made the chart- not STS. This chart that Jeff has made is very helpful but also very misleading/informing.
Wrong. It is actually because when I made it I couldn't find the first detail on STS' site regarding their kit. I checked this morning and there is a *Little* more info on it now (The Camaro has a section and a few tiny bits of info at least) so I will add that.

As stated in my very first post of this thread, I am only using info off the manufacturers website or graphs posted up here. If I couldn't find anything I wasn't going to add "Assumed" or 2nd-hand information.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #74
Granatelli
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=TTI Nick;2251734]...because Jeff @ IPS made the chart- not STS. This chart that Jeff has made is very helpful but also very misleading/informing.

I would suggest, when doing your homework on which kit to buy, that you contact the manufacture and find out for yourself what is included with each system.[/QUOTE]

Say answer different time

Last edited by Granatelli; 08-31-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #75
IPSjeff

I would suggest that if you are a manufacturer or re-seller of a TT kit for the 2010+ Camaro SS that you put detailed and accurate information about your kit on your website. The chart is a collection / summary of that info so if the chart is lacking or in anyway "Inaccurate" then your website (Including pictures taken of the kit components on it) is as well
Jeff

EDIT: For example, here is what info is posted on STS' site for their Camaro Kit:

http://ststurbo.com/2010_camaro_specs

That is enough to fill in 2 or 3 lines in the chart and "STS" turbos and WG's and BOV really tells me nothing. I will add it in none-the-less...
Old 08-24-2010, 08:05 AM   #76
IPSjeff

I can't find a thing about a Twin-turbo kit here:

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com//car.php?pid=26%22

TTi's info is here (Feel free to tell me where something off this site is incorrect or mis-stated):

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/site/?p=561

Hellion's is here:

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...bo-systems/172

Fastlane's is here:

http://www.fastlaneturbo.com/camaros...e4package.aspx
Old 08-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #77
kpwalls06
Cory

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6;
I've read this thread from start to the current finish, and I wanted to pop in a few comments/questions. First, thanks to Jeff @ IPS for at least putting the names of the companies together so I knew who was making these kits. I'm a grown man, and while I appreciate any and all research he did for this, I will always trust my own research better. That being said, I would appreciate a PM or any additional info that any of the TT kit makers could provide. I've spoken with Granatelli before, and Hellion, but it's been some time and I'm trying to the best comparison of these kits that I can, so all info is appreciated. My hat's off to Cole @ Fastlane, as I've spoken with him as well, and seen his kit. That single mount is a thing of beauty, and makes great power, but I've decided that TT is the road for me.

So, any info that the kits manufacturers/sellers could provide would be greatly helpful, and thanks again to all who have worked so hard to help us Bowtie Guys go so fast!!
kpwalls06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #78
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
For those who can wait a little longer...

I have another twin turbo option that is currently in the works. A reputable company in north Alabama is designing a twin turbo kit for my 2ss auto (they do manuals too). Mine will be their first 2010 camaro, but they have been doing turbo LS motors for years. They are currently doing a 1000hp z06, and when it's done, mine is next in their shop.

More details will follow as this progresses.
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:46 AM   #79
Blk_SS

Drives: black on black 2SS/RS
^^ what the shop name in AL, im in MS and would love to know about this shop you speaking of and im also looking into a TT kit for my car
Blk_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #80
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
i cant wait to just have my tt setup already
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #82
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
For those who can wait a little longer...

I have another twin turbo option that is currently in the works. A reputable company in north Alabama is designing a twin turbo kit for my 2ss auto (they do manuals too). Mine will be their first 2010 camaro, but they have been doing turbo LS motors for years. They are currently doing a 1000hp z06, and when it's done, mine is next in their shop.

More details will follow as this progresses.
There will continue to be more and more guys that claim to be able to make kits - making a kit that is super nice ain't easy - Wanna know what is harder?

Making a super nice kit that you can ship so that when the customer gets it - it just works. One off stuff is not the same as production.

Think about it. Call Lingenfelter and try to purchase a TT kit from them. They say, "ah, no way jose' ". But take your car to them and they will give you back a super bad Mo-Fo. - They understand that it ain't easy. They value teh Lingenfelter name and do not want to marr it.

Our kit is just that good. It will fit right out of the box -

In short - if you are having akit cusomt made by your favorite shop - more power to you as I am sure they can and will do a super bitchen job. wanna buy a kit that you can take out of the boxes and have it fit? Deal with the comapnies that do it everyday - make sence?
Old 08-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #83
DJDuck

Drives: White + Black 2SS
I'm confused as to how this thread turned into Granatelli advertising duck butt spoilers.
DJDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:10 AM   #84
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
wow...I was away for a few days in Jamaica...it was hot there...but this thread is hotter....i like this hot blood, makes for info distribution... I am waiting....and we tt wannabes are all ears
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote