Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Dusk Blue ???
I can see myself driving a Dusk Blue ZL1! 99 57.56%
Dusk Blue would be my second or third color choice. 36 20.93%
Not into the Dusk Blue, I'll take one of the others. 37 21.51%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2011, 02:36 PM   #57
ndcyberss

Drives: 2016 2SS 8sp Hyper Blue
Just came across this on Autoblog. Maybe supersonic blue will be a replacement color for the Camaro looks good on the CTS-V.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/cadil...blue-prototype
ndcyberss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #58
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcyberss View Post
Just came across this on Autoblog. Maybe supersonic blue will be a replacement color for the Camaro looks good on the CTS-V.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/cadil...blue-prototype

Nice find!

I know some people don't like this color, but IMO a Supersonic Blue ZL1 with stripe package and black SSX wheels = sex.

Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #59
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Since we are talking about the Dusk Blue Camaro, do you remember how nice the interior looked in that car? I am going to like the suede inserts in the ZL1 but this would have been a really nice seat also.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #60
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Since we are talking about the Dusk Blue Camaro, do you remember how nice the interior looked in that car? I am going to like the suede inserts in the ZL1 but this would have been a really nice seat also.
That's a nice color, for sure, but coming from my last car that had near the same, I'm not feeling it too much. I would suggest GM would accent more of the interior and dash if they add that color, because in that car, that color just doesn't work well with it. I can't put my finger on it... But hey - it'd make a great option I'm all for people getting what they want!

I'm still feeling like that color would be a nice replacement gray :( If that's a blue replacement, I'll be a little disappointed... It'd be nice to see that color in the sun, too. I like it, but either the room or the light, or both, just don't make it pop to me yet.

The search continues...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #61
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
for the record.................

the replacement for CGM will be another Gray -
Since these color threads started some time ago, I have been looking at every car and it's color wherever I come across them on the street or in parking lots. Honestly, there has not been anything I can say...hey, look at that color! I sure wish Chevy would offer that as a new color!!! Vanilla or chocolate, or how about strawberry? I am one of those wishy washy people who has trouble picking "favorites" with everday ordinary things. Having said that... I love my midnight blue metallic 1973 Z-28, and I would buy the matching bookend in 2012 if offered. We have been looking at new Camaro's in the dealers since they first hit the lots....on a monthly basis.... Initially the cyber gray metallic was the hot deal for me, I thought that would offset the black features and optional stripes perfectly for us. I like a darker color scheme. That was so until I saw the 2010 SS under enough lighting and weather conditions. Sometimes it looks like dull gray putty. Well, thats not me.....soooo, I am still on the fence standing, waiting, looking. Anywho...it's a bit away until the final list is in for the ZL1. These modern paint finishes change color way too much in my opinion. Maybe I am just too picky. I can stand in the grocery store for a half hour looking at all the cereal boxes with indecision (LOL). The dusk blue SEMA color looked pretty good as shown here, but it's just pics, and likely it would have the same negative effect to me under varying lighting and weather conditions. As stated previously by far wiser people than I: color is subjective. I hope this new "grey", or member of the grey family has more darkness and depth to it. I think it would be better on the darker side of the CGM spectrum rather than lighter. Midnight carbon grey? IBM is cool but changes the wrong way for me under similar condiitons where it loses it's blue identitiy. I dunno....I'm goin back to the lot again today in the bright sun and look at IBM again and go color crazy for a while....LOL
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #62
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

I know what you mean, OldSchool.

Yesterday I was rolling down the highway and got passed by a CGM 'maro. In the El Paso sun it looked like gray putty, which sorta surprised me. Pictures aren't good enough. Darker & deeper with a good metallic would be better, especially in sunlight. CGM looks better in the pics.

When I first saw an IBM in person, I had a joygasm. (I was already pretty excited because I was at the dealership surrounded by Camaros and about to take a test drive.) I hope IBM is back in time for the initial ZL1 ordering date. I'll go there or DVB (Darth Vader Black) unless they surprise me with something outstanding.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #63
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Since these color threads started some time ago, I have been looking at every car and it's color wherever I come across them on the street or in parking lots. Honestly, there has not been anything I can say...hey, look at that color! I sure wish Chevy would offer that as a new color!!! Vanilla or chocolate, or how about strawberry? I am one of those wishy washy people who has trouble picking "favorites" with everday ordinary things. Having said that... I love my midnight blue metallic 1973 Z-28, and I would buy the matching bookend in 2012 if offered. We have been looking at new Camaro's in the dealers since they first hit the lots....on a monthly basis.... Initially the cyber gray metallic was the hot deal for me, I thought that would offset the black features and optional stripes perfectly for us. I like a darker color scheme. That was so until I saw the 2010 SS under enough lighting and weather conditions. Sometimes it looks like dull gray putty. Well, thats not me.....soooo, I am still on the fence standing, waiting, looking. Anywho...it's a bit away until the final list is in for the ZL1. These modern paint finishes change color way too much in my opinion. Maybe I am just too picky. I can stand in the grocery store for a half hour looking at all the cereal boxes with indecision (LOL). The dusk blue SEMA color looked pretty good as shown here, but it's just pics, and likely it would have the same negative effect to me under varying lighting and weather conditions. As stated previously by far wiser people than I: color is subjective. I hope this new "grey", or member of the grey family has more darkness and depth to it. I think it would be better on the darker side of the CGM spectrum rather than lighter. Midnight carbon grey? IBM is cool but changes the wrong way for me under similar condiitons where it loses it's blue identitiy. I dunno....I'm goin back to the lot again today in the bright sun and look at IBM again and go color crazy for a while....LOL

You and I are on almost the same exact page it's scary. I was initially all gung-ho for a CGM ZL1 with black wheels and stripe. That was until I started seeing them more often in person (A guy bought one a few months back and parks where I do for work). When clean and under certain lighting conditions, it's stunning. But more times than not when I've seen it, it's looked rather dull, drab, and lifeless.

So I've shifted away from CGM since and am now leaning towards IBM. I've also seen IBM a few times (although much less), and under bright sunshine, it is a stunning deep, true blue. I love it. Of course, under other conditions it is hard to tell the difference between it and black. I also have concerns that under these conditions, like an overcast day, the IBM and black wheels/stripe will look odd like I tried to murder out my car but was color blind. I'm not sold, but of all the colors available, it's what I'd order today. Ideally for me, IBM would be a shade or two lighter and would still easily appear blue under non-sunny conditions.

I'm also in complete agreement about the replacement for CGM. If they offer a shade or two darker grey that has more depth and shine, I'd seriously consider making that as my choice. I've thought this since before learning that CGM has been cancelled and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the replacement color.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #64
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Quote:
I feel exactly the same as you. Went to the dealer last week and I am setting my mind on IOM only cause its not a "typical" red, white, blue, gray, yellow color. You can find "typical" red, white, blue, gray, yellow on almost any car the only difference is shade and thats about it. For a special $50k $+ car you would think we would have "typical" red, white, blue, gray, yellow AND other metallics or different colors to choose from. Don't think I am knocking "typical" red, white, blue, gray, yellow in anyway as they are great of themselves, but when you are a picky bastard as myself I will always be "picky" about what I spend money on. I am the one that drives it not anyone else.
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #65
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
.I know what you mean, OldSchool. Yesterday I was rolling down the highway and got passed by a CGM 'maro. In the El Paso sun it looked like gray putty, which sorta surprised me. Pictures aren't good enough. Darker & deeper with a good metallic would be better, especially in sunlight. CGM looks better in the pics.
Indeed Scarrzz, any of the metallic colors vary according to light, some more than others. The CGM is in the later category and is affected the most IMHO. CGM will be better off changed. Hopefully that replacement will be a hit, I'm banking on it because it will affect my final decision immensly. I looked at a bunch of 2011 Camaro's, 'verts as well, just an hour ago. In bright sunlight, and in shade when a cloud came by. That IOM has no negative attributes and has grown on me alot. At times, it has a red tint to it, and the color dosen't "drop out" in the shade. In bright light, it takes on a whole new life. I am not an orange fan, but this color really does rock. Ditto for RJT, it's got "life" in the shade, and really takes off in bright light. IOM and RJT are stunning in the sun...they twinkle!. You get just what you see with black, white, yellow, and victory red. They are straight colors. The victory red looks darker than the show circuit ZL1. The ZL1 red looks like my rally red 35th anniversary SS. I personally would not get the victory red. It's glossy though for sure. And yes, they did have a IBM Synergy series car. I looked at it real hard, under the changing light, and damn if it isn't my matching bookend for my avatar. That RJT is bitchin in direct bright sunlight. Not my first choice, but it's always been teasing me. Since it's being discontinued I won't have to worry about that dilemma, will I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
.I hope IBM is back in time for the initial ZL1 ordering date. I'll go there or DVB (Darth Vader Black) unless they surprise me with something outstanding.
So do I Scarrzz, so do I. After sooo much time and energy looking at the cars as they have come through my area over the last two years, I have drawn the same conclusion. In the beginning I wrote off IBM too quickly I admit, and didn't give it a fair trial. Today with the perfect conditions to see it under, I realized that the base color is identical to my 1973 midnight blue metallic. My dad did call me son, but it wasn't because I was bright. This can only be seen when the sunlight hits it directly. When you change the angle of the sunlight, or loose it, then if goes to that dark blue-black nebulous appearing shade. I think IBM is my favorite right now, unless as you stated it doesn't return, then black is the only option unless a replacement color takes president. LOL...that would be my luck. I can order the car in the fall, but the color I want (IBM) is no longer available. Then I have to settle. Hmmmm, lemme see...RJT is awesome,..ooopps, discontinued...(strike two!). What's behind door number 3 ???. Well, there's always black.....sigh....I feel like Charlie Brown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
You and I are on almost the same exact page it's scary. I was initially all gung-ho for a CGM ZL1 with black wheels and stripe. That was until I started seeing them more often in person (A guy bought one a few months back and parks where I do for work). When clean and under certain lighting conditions, it's stunning. But more times than not when I've seen it, it's looked rather dull, drab, and lifeless I am eagerly awaiting it's replacement. If they don't bring back IBM...which I now want of course...it's gonna come down to a tough decision for me. I hope the new "grey" rocks and is what we are looking for to stand off a close distance with those black stripes and features.
That's for sure Shure!!!! You know what they say Shure... great minds think alike!
Quote:
So I've shifted away from CGM since and am now leaning towards IBM. I've also seen IBM a few times (although much less), and under bright sunshine, it is a stunning deep, true blue. I love it. Of course, under other conditions it is hard to tell the difference between it and black. I also have concerns that under these conditions, like an overcast day, the IBM and black wheels/stripe will look odd like I tried to murder out my car but was color blind. I'm not sold, but of all the colors available, it's what I'd order today. Ideally for me, IBM would be a shade or two lighter and would still easily appear blue under non-sunny conditions..
Ditto..agreed, lets get 'er done! ....all things being equal as of today with no changes,...it's IBM for me. Even with the light indudced shade variation it's too close of a match to my Z and, call me crazy but, I would have to get it. It's like a twin from the future out of a time machine. Please Chevy...don't discontinue this color..... Now if the dark horse replacement grey fits the bill, I might have a dilemma, but the jury is still out on that. We shall see soon.

Quote:
I'm also in complete agreement about the replacement for CGM. If they offer a shade or two darker grey that has more depth and shine, I'd seriously consider making that as my choice. I've thought this since before learning that CGM has been cancelled and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the replacement color.
You, Scarrzz, and I must all be communicating telepathically or we have a three way mind meld going on...., this is all freakin me out man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY68RS View Post
I feel exactly the same as you. Went to the dealer last week and I am setting my mind on IOM only cause its not a "typical" red, white, blue, gray, yellow color. You can find "typical" red, white, blue, gray, yellow on almost any car the only difference is shade and thats about it. For a special $50k $+ car you would think we would have "typical" red, white, blue, gray, yellow AND other metallics or different colors to choose from. Don't think I am knocking "typical" red, white, blue, gray, yellow in anyway as they are great of themselves, but when you are a picky bastard as myself I will always be "picky" about what I spend money on. I am the one that drives it not anyone else.
Well said RS.....and BTW IOM is an excellent choice!

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 07-15-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: grammar
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #66
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Just wish they would quit putzing around with these blues and go retro like the Lemans Blue like this one.

Til they offer what i want, i wont buy one and will continue to put the money into my Pro Street 67.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #67
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
The first two pics look awesome, but the third looks. . . meh.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #68
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
Quote:
I looked at a bunch of 2011 Camaro's, 'verts as well, just an hour ago.... And yes, they did have a IBM Synergy series car.
How is this? The Synergy series was only available in CGM, VR, SW, and Black.
8.26.2014 - Deposit placed with Mike Furman @ Criswell Corvette in MD for 2015 2LZ Laguna Blue Z06 Convertible, navigation, carbon flash gfx, carbon flash stinger stripe, spectra gray wheels, dark gray calipers, gray interior, suede seat inserts. EXCITED is an understatement!
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #69
Ponte

Drives: 2011 Camaro
This shade of blue is actually my favorite color. so of course i would lovvve a dusk blue Camaro
Ponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #70
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
i like it,i would buy one
NFERGY 2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dusk blue color