Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #113
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Mr. Speaker, may I suggest we bring this measure to the floor for a summary count.....all in favor of Chevy bringing back the Z-28 for the 2013 Camaro model year....say aye!
ABSOLUTELY!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:02 AM   #114
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
really a GT500 below MSRP through AAFES New car sales isn't worth a look? Besides the fact a BMW is like a vw over here. maybe I don't want a bmw. that to me isn't a waste. It's not like GM is taking part in the exchange new car sales program.
It's not GM's fault they're not part of AAFES sales, that's AAFES fault for contracting to Ford to NOT sell GM products. And still GT500... meh.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #115
chevysno1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra crew cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Mr. Speaker, may I suggest we bring this measure to the floor for a summary count.....all in favor of Chevy bringing back the Z-28 for the 2013 Camaro model year....say aye!
NO. I would rather wait till gm brings the next generation.
chevysno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #116
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysno1 View Post
Why not have a 5th Gen and a 6th? Why have the 5th Gen be the only Camaro without a Z28?

2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #117
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysno1 View Post
Why not wait for the 7th generation?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #118
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Why not wait for the 7th generation?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #119
mikeyroche

Drives: 2011 VR Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Doubt there will be a z28! As soon as the ZL1 was announced I assumedmthe z28 was dead and I have seen nothing to change that opinion. 2 V6 trims, an SS and ZL1. Where is the incentive to start a z28 which is a huge cost when you are already beating your rivals in sales. I admit I was never a fan of the Z28 and would not buy one unless it was very special(like having a LS7) which is a pipe dream. For all intents and purposes the ZL1 is the new Z28

2011 Camaro 1SS with RS - K&N Typhoon CAI, Borla Atak Exhaust, Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads, SLP 'SS' Front Grille Emblem, Blue LED interior lighting, Camaro Victory Red Seatbelt Harness pads NEXT - Corvette LS3 Victory Red Fuel Rail Covers(Awaiting Installation), Window Tinting, Custom Leather Interior.
mikeyroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #120
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyroche View Post
Doubt there will be a z28! As soon as the ZL1 was announced I assumedmthe z28 was dead and I have seen nothing to change that opinion. 2 V6 trims, an SS and ZL1. Where is the incentive to start a z28 which is a huge cost when you are already beating your rivals in sales. I admit I was never a fan of the Z28 and would not buy one unless it was very special(like having a LS7) which is a pipe dream. For all intents and purposes the ZL1 is the new Z28
With everything that has been bandied about and discussed here over a lengthy period of time, that pretty much sumarizes where we are at. Inside informtion is they will bring it back, the question is not if, but when. I postulate this will be in the next generation. DI and Alpha takes us to the next level. A clean sheet of paper.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #121
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL1CK View Post
It's not GM's fault they're not part of AAFES sales, that's AAFES fault for contracting to Ford to NOT sell GM products. And still GT500... meh.
hadn't heard that one. gm pulled out back in 05 due to costs. what aafes told me then.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #122
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBodfather
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
I don't know, not so hallowed. It was on the standard not so track ready Camaro V8 for a number of years. More than the original Z28. So the name is fully sullied. But I am glad it was not used on the ZL1.

Chevy may just build the 1LE and they might call it the Z28. To me the name does not matter. Build a reasonably priced track ready V8 Camaro and call it whatever you want. The engine does not matter either. The LS3 is fine and is a good basis for a track ready car. A good driver in an LS3 1LE will be able to beat an average driver in a Boss LS. But really does it matter? A 1LE/Z28 will be big fun on the track. That is the point.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #123
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Camaro w/o Z28 is like a sunny day w/o heat.
that's funny right there!!!

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #124
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Nope I guarantee there will be no Z28.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #125
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
Nope I guarantee there will be no Z28.

What make's you so confident?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #126
OldScoolCamaro

"Originally Posted by FBodfather
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name."

For me, since I have been fortunate enough to have been around since the Camaro's beginning, and to have been a part of that time and culture, it is a hallowed name. Granted, times changed, Government mandates and standards changed, and so did the performance car market along with it. It depends on one's age, and experience with the product, and what one did to or with the car. Scott has his eye on the ball and will carry the torch until the revered, sacred, honored Z-28 will finally return to it's rightfull place in the high performance American car market where is has not been since the early 1970's. The badge may have lost luster and meaning over the decades and was not held true to it's roots, but make no mistake, it will return with a bang not heard since 1967. The Z-28 is the face of the Camaro..., and the faithfull shall be rewarded. This truth I hold to be self evident......

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 02-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote