Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #1
Soundplus

Drives: 2012 Silver Ice SS2 RS
Showing off and not having it turn out the way you planned..

When was the last time you saw someone (or maybe it was you) showing off with their car and it did not go as planned and they trashed their car?

Well for me it was just yesterday at our weekly car gathering,. A gentleman in a newer GTO peeled out of the parking lot got sideways, fishtailed twice and ended up in the ditch.. He did manage to slam the gas and get him self out before he got stuck and did not look to have done any damage to his car. but his ego was sure hurting as he drove away at 25 miles an hour..

Just thought I would share this with the ones that left early.
Soundplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #2
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
Old 04-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
LOL! Classic
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundplus View Post
When was the last time you saw someone (or maybe it was you) showing off with their car and it did not go as planned and they trashed their car?
Not the most recent example, but here is the worse one I've ever seen.

A little background. Back in about 1999 or 2000, the Friday night race track I used to watch races at did something called spectator races the last Friday night of every month. (You can probably see where this is going). After all the features where finished, they would do one-on-one, 1 lap races, starting in turn 4 from a dead stop all the way around to the finish line again. They would separate whoever signed up into 4, 6, and 8 cylinder classes, and do one-on-one sudden death elimination until they where down to one. For a while, it actually got quick ridiculous, both with the number of cars (over 100 at the high point), and with the types of cars people would come in (In 1999, the year the 300M was introduced, one showed up, and it had the MSRP sticker in the window).

Anyway, every month, someone showed up with an almost new at the time Pontiac Grand Prix with a supercharged 3.8L. Every week, it would clean up (remember, this was 13 years ago when 240 hp from a V6 was something). It didn't really ever have to race. The car always won the drag race into turn 1 by a comfortable margin, and coasted to the end.

One night, I don't remember what the other car was, but another V6 showed up, lined up on the inside, actually kept even to turn 1, and had a car length lead on the back stretch. The driver of the Grand Prix dive-bombed into turn 3 trying to drive around the other car on the outside, washed up the track, and drove nose first into the wall. The car was a total loss.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Heres another one:

Old 04-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRS View Post

LOL!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
KARMA HAPPEN'S!!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
LMAO
Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
If you have alot of HP and TQ, learn how and when to use it!!! Serves these guys right. I think the guy that started RiceKillers would call these classic examples of what he is looking to weed out of our hobby, especially the second video.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
My buddy in school had just purchased a new Toyota 4X4, and it was awesome... the most desired ride around. About two weeks after taking possession, at the end of an away- football game, as the team and the cheerleaders were loading into the buses, Dave decided to show of with some cool doughnuts in front of this audience. He was tearing it up, until the rear end went through the dirt, but then caught on the lip of the pavement, instead of sliding though. The truck rolled all the way over, rolling on the roof, but then landing back on the wheels. The cab was pretty rugged, only crushed down a few inches... and he drove away. He never even stopped (really the only really cool thing he could claim!). Windshield was opaque, but the windows were gone, so he just stuck his head out the window and got the hell away from his highly --- HIGHLY--- amused audience.

Totalled the rig, insurance wouldn't cover it (not sure why, don't know the details). Dave repaired it himself, had the truck for years afterward... practically, new, but with cracking Bondo, orange peel paint, rattles, squeaks, and leaks... and a regular monthly payment on his brand new truck.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
DarkFox1

Drives: 2012 2SS A6
Back when the weather was still cold I was leaving autozone in my 4th gen. I pulled out normally but when I did a woman that was approaching in an suv seemed to gun it and was coming at me fast, so I punched it halfway through the turn.

I lost the rearend and fishtailed, overcorrected and wound up slamming my head into the A pillar when I finally got it straight.

I wasn't really showing off necessarily, but it did make me look like a fool. turns out those tires have HORRIBLE cold traction. (Riken raptors...)

I wound up accidentally peeling out at a redlight during the winter months as well. I was in a bad mood. Guy beside me probably thought I was a total loser.
DarkFox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
A Toy 4x4 was the most desired ride around????

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
A Toy 4x4 was the most desired ride around????
At the time, it was... some of the "cool kids" in town had 'em, and those just sort of became "the thing to have."

Of course, once we grew up up, we figured out that it's not about what the cool kids are driving, but more about what a cool ride is.

Not trying to sound elitist or anything, but, those of us driving C5s are NOW the cool kids! Maybe some of us are a little older (yep... I'm turning 44 today... DAMN!!!), but we ARE the new cool kids!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Totalled the rig, insurance wouldn't cover it (not sure why, don't know the details
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
The cab was pretty rugged, only crushed down a few inches...
Think you just said yourself why the insurance wouldn't cover repairs... a bent roof usually means the car is declared a total loss...
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote