Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #57
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
ORLY? because i can build a fully loaded CTS-V coupe for cheaper than 85k.

...... Get real buddy you nor anybody else knows what the ZL1 can do so internet racing aint gona get you any further.
So, your point is? If you don't know anything why post anything? Back at ya'.
Go back and read my post which is based on what the OP is saying is going to be in the ZL1 nothing more nothing less.
Futher more there are numerous builds out there that are way better than the originals so just because some new version of the Camaro is coming out, doesn't mean that the technology is not readily available for older versions. Go do your research, GM doesn't make the parts they just pick vendors to work with. Do you think the ZL1 is the only vehicle that has coil-overs, big breaks and an SC that's reliable. Or the GM guys on the assembly line are way more skilled than some of the very talented after market race car buiilders. Give me a break. My SS is way better now than when I originally drove it off the lot, wondering daily what the hell was wrong with the car while dudes in ricers were blowing by me daily. Until I took it to a race shop.
I'm currently @ 550hp. NA, will be over 700hp. when the SC is done and that's will be at a mild tune and will match or exceed whatever brakes, tires, and suspension that will be on the ZL1, and it will still cost me less than the price tag of the ZL1. You the one that needs to wake up, put some mods on your ride and then come talk to me playa'.

Last edited by calbert1999; 04-22-2011 at 06:34 PM.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #58
Weezerj

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS -- 02 Escalade
Are you saying that the ZL1 will be in the 85K range? No way.....again, I am counting on it being under 50k.
Weezerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #59
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezerj View Post
Are you saying that the ZL1 will be in the 85K range? No way.....again, I am counting on it being under 50k.
He is speaking in Canadian dollars ... but still, 85 grand is a bit high. I'm thinking if its ~$50k in the US, it will be around $60k up here given the fact that our cars are usually priced about 20% higher than they are south of the border.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #60
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
He is speaking in Canadian dollars ... but still, 85 grand is a bit high. I'm thinking if its ~$50k in the US, it will be around $60k up here given the fact that our cars are usually priced about 20% higher than they are south of the border.
Keep in mind currently the CDN dollar is $1.05 against the US dollar.
I believe the gap in the price difference will be within a few minor g's. I spoke to someone just a few days ago from a local (CDN) GM dealership. And, he said starting price will be $85k (CDN).
Now, of course things could change considering gas prices, design changes, et al, and yes on average we "can" pay up to 20% more due to price gouging, but considering all the hype lately on this topic this may change too, which would mean GM would most likely decide to spread the difference if they couldn't gouge the 20% anymore. We'll see. Would be nice to finally see a "confirmed" spec. sheet, approx. price tag.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #61
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Keep in mind currently the CDN dollar is $1.05 against the US dollar.
I believe the gap in the price difference will be within a few minor g's. I spoke to someone just a few days ago from a local (CDN) GM dealership. And, he said starting price will be $85k (CDN).
Now, of course things could change considering gas prices, design changes, et al, and yes on average we "can" pay up to 20% more due to price gouging, but considering all the hype lately on this topic this may change too, which would mean GM would most likely decide to spread the difference if they couldn't gouge the 20% anymore. We'll see. Would be nice to finally see a "confirmed" spec. sheet, approx. price tag.
In that case ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #62
one bad '010

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs blk/wht stripes
That would be one hell of a driver. At least the stock Z06's I've seen are still in the high 11s low 12 with good tires.
one bad '010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #63
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
In that case ...
We'll see. Regardless, no need to insult people you don't know.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #64
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
He may not know the dealer. But we all know how dealers are. About 1% of them are ever right about something.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #65
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Its common sense really. Think of it this way:

GM priced the base V6 Camaro (LS) a little above the price of the base V6 Mustang (regular V6).

GM priced the up-level V6 Camaros (LT) a little above the price of the up-level V6 Mustang (V6 premium).

GM priced the basic V8 Camaro (1SS) a little above the price of the basic V8 Mustang (regular GT).

GM priced the up-level V8 (2SS) a little above the price of the up-level Mustang (GT premium)

Does it make any sense at all for GM to go ahead and price the supercharged top dog Camaro way way way beyond the price of the supercharged top dog Mustang (GT500)? Particularly when you can go and buy a turn-key aftermarket car from Hennessy, SLP, or others that offer more performance for less money?

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #66
one bad '010

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs blk/wht stripes
I agree pricing is usually around its competition. Its just good business sense
one bad '010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #67
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
He may not know the dealer. But we all know how dealers are. About 1% of them are ever right about something.
True. But, this was not a sales call it was a discussion with a fellow Camaro owner who also works for a GM dealership in Ontario, Canada.
Just looking at my numbers from last year when I bought my 2SS, and got pricing from APA.
Invoice was about: $40k (base) does not include everything else I put on the badass maro. So even if not $85 surely going to be more than $50k (CDN) I would think with a list of upgrades like:
SC, bigger rims / tire package, sway bars, end-links, strut brace, hood, new front fender, bushings, coil-overs, hud, pricing mark-up (profit), price gouging (limited edition), bigger brakes, exhaust, and taxes.
In my mind 70-80k doesn't seem that impossible when you do some simple math especially when these are being touted as some limited edition vehicles.

Quote:
Its common sense really. Think of it this way:

GM priced the base V6 Camaro (LS) a little above the price of the base V6 Mustang (regular V6).

GM priced the up-level V6 Camaros (LT) a little above the price of the up-level V6 Mustang (V6 premium).

GM priced the basic V8 Camaro (1SS) a little above the price of the basic V8 Mustang (regular GT).

GM priced the up-level V8 (2SS) a little above the price of the up-level Mustang (GT premium)

Does it make any sense at all for GM to go ahead and price the supercharged top dog Camaro way way way beyond the price of the supercharged top dog Mustang (GT500)? Particularly when you can go and buy a turn-key aftermarket car from Hennessy, SLP, or others that offer more performance for less money?
Very valid points, but doesn't mean anything nowadays. Go to a dealer in Toronto, check out the price tag on a Vette and then look up US prices. You'll be shocked at what you see.
My dream car has always been a Vette, although I can afford the US price, I can't even get my head wrapped around what they're asking for the base or convertible Vette's here in Canada. So, US vs CDN pricing has always been weird, and nobody can ever explain it in plain english or french. LOL
Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #68
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
You the one that needs to wake up, put some mods on your ride and then come talk to me playa'.

Like i said you can walk out of a caddy dealer with a brand new CTS-V Coupe fully loaded for under 75k. The ZL1 will only hit 70+ if it comes with a LS9, other than that it will be within GT500/SVT Cobra pricing.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #69
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
So even if not $85 surely going to be more than $50k (CDN) I would think with a list of upgrades like:
SC, bigger rims / tire package, sway bars, end-links, strut brace, hood, new front fender, bushings, coil-overs, hud, pricing mark-up (profit), price gouging (limited edition), bigger brakes, exhaust, and taxes.
In my mind 70-80k doesn't seem that impossible when you do some simple math. When the time comes someone may be pulling foot out of mouth. LOL
The ZL1 is not going to be a limited edition model, such as the 2011 Indy Pace Car. Chevrolet will build as many ZL1s as there are individuals who will buy them.

You can bet that the ZL1 will be priced a little above the GT500. Any significantly different pricing doesn't make any business sense. Look at the empirical data that is available for the other Camaro and Mustang models. What would the business case be for Chevrolet to deviate the relative ZL1 pricing significantly from the relative pricing of other the models? There isn't one, so it won't happen.

Last edited by GoldenBear; 04-22-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Fix typo
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #70
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
The ZL1 is not going to be a limited edition model, such as the 2011 Indy Pace Car. Chevrolet will build as many ZL1s as there are individuals who will buy them.

You can bet that the ZL1 will be priced a little above the GT500. Any significantly different pricing doesn't make any business sense. Look at the empirical data that is available for the other Camaro and Mustang models. What would the business case be for Chevrolet to deviate the relative ZL1 pricing significantly from the relative pricing of other the models? There isn't one, so it won't happen.
Believe me I agree in terms of smart business.
Not claiming to know for sure. But, was also told we're not going to get a ton of them here in Canada, so might be another Vette scenario by which consumers pay a premium to drive one in the snow. LOL
Does anyone know if there are 2011, 2012, et al Camaro SS's?
Any chance these will be the unlimited editions and the ZL1 special edition?