Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Changing the "Bowtie"?

There is a rumor that GM is thinking of changing the design of the "Bowtie". They what to have a new image or some thing like that. Have they ever heard that if it's not broken, don't fix it!

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
there is no way they change the chevy emblem........maybe the color, it been different colors, but they will NOT change its shape.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
That's like McDonald's changing their Arch or Ford ditching their blue oval. I don't think it would happen. They're might be slight variations of it just like in the past but it'll always be a bow tie.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
GM is changing their logo from blue to green to sublimate their environmentally-conscious efforts. Chevrolet is not doing anything to the bowtie.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
I'd like Chevy to drop the gold look. It wouldn't even have to be a big change... just make it titanium colour or something!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
GM is changing their logo from blue to green to sublimate their environmentally-conscious efforts. Chevrolet is not doing anything to the bowtie.
The GM logo is staying blue. There was talk of green, but it was put to rest. It won't change color.

GC, can you provide a link or something? Where did you hear this rumor?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
Who cares... either way it will look better custom painted.
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #8
GC-Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
there is no way they change the chevy emblem........maybe the color, it been different colors, but they will NOT change its shape.
I hope your right, but I wouldn't have thought GM would stop making Pontiac's a few years ago.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #9
GC-Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The GM logo is staying blue. There was talk of green, but it was put to rest. It won't change color.

GC, can you provide a link or something? Where did you hear this rumor?
It's just talk for now, but they do want to be the "New GM" and look at making a new image.

http://www.askfritz.org/index.php/th...e-chevy-emblem

Old 10-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-Camaro View Post
It's just talk for now, but they do want to be the "New GM" and look at making a new image.

http://www.askfritz.org/index.php/th...e-chevy-emblem
I hope I don't sound...mean....but that's just some nut suggesting they revamp the emblem because he/she thinks it prevents people from buying their cars....#1 which is false (see: Malibu, Cobalt, Equinox, Silverado, Camaro, etc...they're all selling very well)...and nobody from the company responded...I HIGHLY doubt this will gain any momentum at all. Besides, they just livened up the emblem two years ago...it debuted on the Camaro as a more edgy interpretation of the gold+chrome bowtie, and then made it into the showroom on the Malibu.

I wouldn't call this a rumor as much as I would call it a quiet suggestion from "somebody". Unless there's some article quoting a GM person...it could even be the janitor....I think you misrepresented this by saying "GM's thinking about changing the emblem."....
Old 10-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
GC-Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I hope I don't sound...mean....but that's just some nut suggesting they revamp the emblem because he/she thinks it prevents people from buying their cars....#1 which is false (see: Malibu, Cobalt, Equinox, Silverado, Camaro, etc...they're all selling very well)...and nobody from the company responded...I HIGHLY doubt this will gain any momentum at all. Besides, they just livened up the emblem two years ago...it debuted on the Camaro as a more edgy interpretation of the gold+chrome bowtie, and then made it into the showroom on the Malibu.

I wouldn't call this a rumor as much as I would call it a quiet suggestion from "somebody". Unless there's some article quoting a GM person...it could even be the janitor....I think you misrepresented this by saying "GM's thinking about changing the emblem."....
Actually, the first I heard of this was from a GM person. I can't say who because they could get in trouble for leaking the info. The link I put on here was just to show that change is being thought about. I guess time will tell. I would like it stay the same.