Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Spillz

Drives: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Send a message via Yahoo to Spillz
Any C5 Members live in Long Beach, CA

Hi everyone, well I may have the opportunity to move from Alexandria, VA to Long Beach, CA and I need some help on what areas to live in and areas to stay away from. I'm single and ideally would love to find a home to purchase with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, small yard, and most importantly a garage. I've never been to Long Beach, CA before, so any insight would help. I may need to get rid of the ride if I cant find a place..thanks guys
Spillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
i lived there in the 90s, some bad areas, some real nice ones.

can be rather expensive in the nice ones.

i am too far removed to give any strong recommendations based on today's environment.

but you may look in adjacent areas as well, many are close enough. such as san pedro, carson, torrance and redondo beach. many decent areas within 30 minute drive.

i used to live in long beach and commute to torrance every day, wasn't too bad at the time. had to drive through some hinky areas though.

i had my car broken into a couple times in long beach, in front of my house!! 5th and cedar.

wouldn't park my camaro on the street in most areas of long beach at night.
2010 2LT/RS; 6M, ABM, Torq Thrust M w/custom center caps, Solo MachX-LLT, Blue Anodized Pedals, Barton Shifter w/UMI blue anodized pistol grip, Ported IM from Mace, 25mm isolator/spacer from Mace, Vararam CAI, Euro Rear Fascia, RX Breather Cap. SOLD 4/23/13.

Now have a 1965 Chevelle 4 dr wagon!!
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Spillz

Drives: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Send a message via Yahoo to Spillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
i lived there in the 90s, some bad areas, some real nice ones.

can be rather expensive in the nice ones.

i am too far removed to give any strong recommendations based on today's environment.

but you may look in adjacent areas as well, many are close enough. such as san pedro, carson, torrance and redondo beach. many decent areas within 30 minute drive.

i used to live in long beach and commute to torrance every day, wasn't too bad at the time. had to drive through some hinky areas though.

i had my car broken into a couple times in long beach, in front of my house!! 5th and cedar.

wouldn't park my camaro on the street in most areas of long beach at night.

Sleez,

Thanks for your reply to my post I greatly appreciate it. Yes, it seems to be a challenging place to live. Not sure if I want to bring my Camaro there and I may consider selling it if I cant find a place..thanks again
Spillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
I visited Long Beach last weekend and the area along Gaffey St. and Pacific Ave. seemed nice. The houses were not cheap though. It appeared there were some nice condos that probably had secure parking for your Camaro. Saw one that had underground parking. I also saw quite a few Camaro's so I'm thinking at least some of them have to be on camaro5.

Last edited by yzrider58; 09-08-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling
yzrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spillz View Post
Hi everyone, well I may have the opportunity to move from Alexandria, VA to Long Beach, CA and I need some help on what areas to live in and areas to stay away from. I'm single and ideally would love to find a home to purchase with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, small yard, and most importantly a garage. I've never been to Long Beach, CA before, so any insight would help. I may need to get rid of the ride if I cant find a place..thanks guys
Post in the California section ....
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote