Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #813
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Good questions Fraxum. The turbos bolt directly to the stock manifold as you can see in the pic here. If you choose to keep Cats, there is room to install after the turbo. Really don't see a need for a boost controller for a street car. Very satisfied with my set-up and is very street drivable until you open the throttle. You may need to change oil a bit sooner and I am conducting a test as we speak. I just had a TBN of 4.2 after 3000 miles so there was plenty of life left in the oil.
Thanks! Great Pic! It shows the setup very clearly. It makes me want to put a skid pan over all that beautiful hardware.

Have you tracked or AutoX with the turbos? This is where I was wondering about the power delivery and maybe turning down the boost. On the street there is rarely a place where you can use all that power.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #814
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Plenty of places make short 6-8" cats like used on kooks/arh headers. Just put them in before the catback.
Now I see, I did an internet search. Doh! I have 2 sets of cats now, but both sets hook up to Kooks style collectors.

I see lots of 7" cats. Picking the right one would be key. I would have to measure to see where to fit after the AGP end pipe. I suppose if they are too far back they will not be that effective the further back they are. And I suppose the O2 sensor will not work back there , and is tuned out anyway. So it should stay where it is on the AGP end pipe.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #815
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLEBEE_SS View Post
That the standard intake? Or CAI?
Exhaust manifold. No CAIs or LTs with this turbo kit. I will sell mine later.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #816
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
That is standard intake. CAIs put the filters up by the rear view mirrors in the fenders.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #817
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Now I see, I did an internet search. Doh! I have 2 sets of cats now, but both sets hook up to Kooks style collectors.

I see lots of 7" cats. Picking the right one would be key. I would have to measure to see where to fit after the AGP end pipe. I suppose if they are too far back they will not be that effective the further back they are. And I suppose the O2 sensor will not work back there , and is tuned out anyway. So it should stay where it is on the AGP end pipe.
Keep the sensor tuned off. It is just for visual anyways. In fact, find some used ones and just gut them and have them welded in where the clamps are on the system. At least that is what I would do.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #818
Gen5&Beyond

Drives: 2016 2ss Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Very familiar with the Saw Mill actually.. And yes I know how bad it does get up there flooding wise.. Corvette's with a low cold air scoop on them would be lower than where these filters are.
How often would you recommend the filters be cleaned?
Gen5&Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #819
Levischilz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
What do you think about dropping the car 1" with this kit and s256's I really cant decide I would like the stance but almost want to keep the clearance more...
Levischilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #820
Chevrolade
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Can't wait !
Chevrolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #821
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Standard intake though intercooler. No CAI, filter is on a turn-up rubber pipe and sits just above the turbo about 2.5 inches above frame to the bottom of the intake filter.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #822
SGDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Thanks! Great Pic! It shows the setup very clearly. It makes me want to put a skid pan over all that beautiful hardware.

Have you tracked or AutoX with the turbos? This is where I was wondering about the power delivery and maybe turning down the boost. On the street there is rarely a place where you can use all that power.
I did put the ZL1 plate on mine, cheap and bolts right up, very clean under the car.

I have had it on the track and man, good times. The car is right where it needs to be and I do not run a boost controller…for now. I have conducted 4 x passes on a 1/8 mile strip and could not get it to hook but sure is fun. I will be running the car at Camaro Fest on the 1/4 and Camaro X.

Who Dares...Wins
Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #823
SGDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5&Beyond View Post
How often would you recommend the filters be cleaned?
Here are my filters after 6000 miles of hard winter driving and I cleaned em and put them back on. I will check them again at 3000 but they were not real bad, but needed cleaning. Depends on where you live too, dust, sand, etc. It took me about 10 minutes to pull both of them and easy to get em off.
Attached Images

Who Dares...Wins
Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #824
Levischilz

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
sgdm did you change car height? what did you do in the rear end for ta's toe's etc?
Levischilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #825
SGDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levischilz View Post
sgdm did you change car height? what did you do in the rear end for ta's toe's etc?
No I did not and will not. I lowered my '11 and was a pain in the rear, parking curbs, scraping headers, etc. I installed trailing arms and pretty happy thus far.

Who Dares...Wins
Old 03-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #826
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Here is a pic of the CAI setup. I am lowered about an inch and I haven't had any issues with the turbos. The front fascia is another matter altogether as the underside of it bears battle scars.

It normally wouldn't be that dirty in the fenderwell except the transport truck (open trailer) traveled through a winter storm for a couple days and when I picked it up I had to drive just a bit on snow covered roads to get it home. It was too cold to wash it thoroughly. I plan on cleaning it all up and repainting the engine bay while it is down for the new engine.
Attached Images

blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote