Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #43
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6

Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
3 Children

Wife’s Daughter = 19 5 accidents NO WAY!! (plus she hates me )

Son = 17 Scared to drive was in accident with wife’s daughter and air bag scared the Sh##T out of him very scared of driving. He drifts a lot line to line. Most likely will never be allowed to drive it.

Daughter = 13 Told her if she excels at learning to drive might let her drive it when she is 16 (She want a Synergy Green)

So far had it sense Nov and I am still the only one to drive it.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THIS NATION:flag2::flag2:
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #44
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
The only time I let my eight year old drive the camaro is when I take her to the bar and I'm to drunk to drive home. Then I let her sit on my lap and steer while I push the pedals.

other than that no way.

Ha ha just kidding! I'm planning on giving her my camaro when she turns 16, if it makes that long.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #45
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
My little man likes to sit in my lap with the HUD on so he can see it, then drops down and revs the gas and pretends to drive it.

OP - I don't think you're stupid, as long as they respect you they will respect your property. Accidents do happen, but if they aren't doing anything irresponsible then that could just as easily happen with you.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #46
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
I am 40 and my girls are 2 and 5... So not yet.

I am just being realistic. I know me and how I was... And still am at times. The "see what it can do" is way to appealing.
How they drive with you in the car and how they drive their daily beater has no bearing what so ever on how they will drive that new Camaro once they round the corner out of your field of vision.

Please do not be a parent that for one moment thinks "not my child". By child I mean 17 and under. 18 and up is an adult.

When your child does it. And sooner or later they will...And you ask WTF? Go home and strip naked in front of a mirror, what you are looking at is where they got it from.

We all did it growing up. They will to.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #47
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshep View Post
I'm kinda the opposite, I'm 23 and my dad is the only person to have driven or will ever drive my car.
This, except I'm 24 and I did take my mother to a large parking lot and let her do laps (she doesn't want to drive the car on the road so I guess I should be thankful). Oh yeah I did let my brother take the car one night out with his friends. He's a pretty responsible guy and so are his friends so I wasn't to worried.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #48
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
My son (age 17) really wanted to drive it when I first got it. I did take him to a dead end street & let him drive it a little but he wanted to solo. Not! Now I'm glad I didn't let him as he just had his first fender bender this past week. Not bad, but just a dumb move, backed into someone in a parking lot. My almost 31 yo daughter is still too mad at me to say she wants to drive it. She says she always wanted a Camaro & that now she can't get one. I said Why not? Of course the reason is she could not drive the same car as her mother. Silly I know. Her loss. She also just had a bad accident. Hit a big dog that ran out of a corn field right in front of her & really messed up her car badly. Not dumb, just dumb luck. I won't even let my husband drive it. That is until he lets me drive his precious Crossfire.
I would LOVE for my mom to still have her 69!! Too cool!! It'd be funny if my mom got a Camaro, I'd love it - as long as it wasn't an RJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
My sons are 21 and 25,(I know, I know, you're wondering how I could possibly have kids that age since I'm only '39' ) and we let them try it out when we first got it home and that's all....they haven't even asked to drive it since then...it might be because they have their own cars, but I'm not complaining...at least I don't have to say no...lol...
I have three "moms" and one of them's not much older then I am...it was nice of you to "adopt" LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by khabboub View Post
i think that this forum mostly has young, unmarried, and childless people. im 19 and my papa asks me to drive my car. (i sometimes let him)
That's me
Though I'm not quite as "young" as some of the "youngins" here.....
Old 07-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #49
camaro52010
Camaro4ever

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 1978 Z28 Camaro
I have just gotten comfortable enough to let my 22 yo son drive the 78 Z solo on short hops.
The 2010 is My new car and he drives it with me next to him......ONLY.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #50
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
aaaaand.....I let my brother-in-laws drive it for like 2 feet in their neighborhoods -- 1 drove it across the street to park it in a neighbors driveway for a party (so no one would be drunk and touching it in their driveway) and the other went down the street and turned around....
Aside from that only the dealer drove her (and only b/c he dropped her off at my house)....I'm too afraid to let other people drive her (and WAY too overprotective of her!!)
Old 07-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #51
firsttime Camaro owner

Drives: 2010 2SS White w/blk rally stripes
My 29 yr old son is itchin' to take it out for a drive. But he wanted to wait until the 1,500 mile break-in is over with so he can open it up! It's now close to the 1,600 mark, so I guess it's time....
firsttime Camaro owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #52
CamaroVision

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshep View Post
I'm kinda the opposite, I'm 23 and my dad is the only person to have driven or will ever drive my car.
This, he drove it on father's day :P