Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 02-14-2010, 02:54 AM   #15
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Damn swift, you got some serious amount of Bounty in the bakground lol...
If not sold by tuesday I'll hit you up with a PM, Im checking my local dealer & a local body shop on repair costs.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:05 AM   #16
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 & solid black, baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Damn swift, you got some serious amount of Bounty in the bakground lol...
If not sold by tuesday I'll hit you up with a PM, Im checking my local dealer & a local body shop on repair costs.
I try, lol...I'll let you know if I still have it by Tuesday. The repair cost and low price out the door should more than make up for the dealer cost, tax, and hassle you'd receive going through other "official" parties.
Swifty

The legend continues...
SwiftCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #17
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
What did they quote you to have it repaired?

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #18
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
What did they quote you to have it repaired?
I personally haven't had any official quotes. I asked Tommy about it after he sentme ou a replacement, and he told me it would be a couple hour job.
I just assume get it off my hands so I can concentrate on getting myh replacement hood and chin spoiler painted and installed pronto now that winter is winding down here on the left coast.
Swifty

The legend continues...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #19
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Kinda hard to tell the extent of the damage just from the photos. If you are able to run it by a shop and get an actual quote to have it fixed, and its in fact no-more than a couple hours worth of work I would gladly take it off your hands, Id hate to get it and then have a shop tell me its not repairable or its gonna cost $400.

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #20
ZZTOM

Drives: 67 Camaro 350, 2010 2SS
Swifty, remember what assume can mean.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #21
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Kinda hard to tell the extent of the damage just from the photos. If you are able to run it by a shop and get an actual quote to have it fixed, and its in fact no-more than a couple hours worth of work I would gladly take it off your hands, Id hate to get it and then have a shop tell me its not repairable or its gonna cost $400.
Alright...sounds good. Tell you what I'll do. I'm bringing my other hood and chin spoiler in tomorrow to begin the paint process. I'll ask my body guy to run up and take a look for a precise estimate. If it costs too much, I'll either come down in price or scrap it altogether depending on what he tells me (I'll get it in writing.) That being the case though, the one thing I've run into that's going to be a real biotch is shipping costs. I've already inquired into shipping it either to Texas or California for two other potential customers, and if I have it packaged professionally they want around $300 (OUCH!) Thus my plan originally to sell it locally. I'll do my homework though and post just as soon as I get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTOM View Post
Swifty, remember what assume can mean.
I know, I know...I was in the military, lol (ass [outta] + u + me)

The legend continues...
Old 02-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #22
SwiftCat
Get me my meds!

Well fellas,
Thanks for the inquiries for the hood. I got an official quote for repair today, and it was pretty much inline with what my buyer got from his body man in California. I feel real good about this sale, because although I'm taking a bit less than what I advertised, the car this hood is going on is being used to give soldiers a "butt dyno" ride prior to deployment to Afghanistan. Magneson and a few other companies have come together to build a nice Camaro to give guys and gals a serious butt-dragging ride before they're shipped off to defend our freedoms via the airforce base out of Santa Maria.
Again, thanks for the inquiries and feel free to close down this thread, Mod.
Swifty

The legend continues...