Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #15
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by David@Airaid View Post
Hello RaspyRon,

Even with the “Performance” numbers aside, the difference in the Quality of components and the overall fit and finish alone is night and day. Our AIRAID Premium filter also offers far superior filtration and is also backed by our Lifetime “No-Hassle” Warranty.

If you had both systems on a bench and assembled them both, you can clearly see the difference in Quality, not to be rude, but there is no comparison between the two.

Thanks,
David
I will try not to be rude to a sponsor of this site but I went with K/N because of the quality of the piece that was rushed out and is now known as V1. The quality of my intake was not crap and it was easy to install, so I'd appreciate it if it wasn't depicted as such. I purchased it in the height of the crapstorm that was coming down on airaid and didn't even consider them for that reason. Yes, I got a Typhoon.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #16
RaspyRon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS SIM
As I have stated in a couple of my previous post I have the K&N and am very happy with it. I haven't seen the Airaid so I can not comment on the quality but I can say that the K&N seems to be a well constucted intake. From what I have read K&N filters are one of the best and that helped in my decision to purchase the K&N. Also when I was looking to buy, Airaid was having the issues with the tubes on v1 but it seems that they have stepped up and taken care of any problems.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
Airaid Filters

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I haven't seen or "felt" the Airaid in person and maybe it is made of some space age material, but I guess I don't see the point (other than maybe heat dissipation, but again that's performance which you clearly discounted in your first sentence).

Now if you wanna say that it is higher quality from a performance standpoint, I'm open for that debate. My hunch is both of these systems provide little to no gain, and Airaid very well might have gotten the better system, albeit on the second time around (which I applaud you for doing out of your pocket )
Hello CamaroDreams07,

I am not “Knocking” anybody’s product and what matters the most is if you are happy with what you purchased.

You stated you have not seen the 2 to compare, and I have first hand, on this application and quite a few others. I was asked by a member what the difference is between the systems and I gave an honest answer.

I never once said anybody’s product is “Junk”, but the reality is not all systems are built the same and with the same quality of components and that’s all I was stating.

If you saw them both, assembled them both, you can clearly see the difference in Quality, and the fit and finish during the installation.

Again I am not trying to knock any system, I was simply answering the queston.

Thanks,
David
Airaid Filters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #18
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
Let the CAI shootout begin....
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #19
NickcamaroSS10
Nick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 83 Berlinetta Camaro
where is Airaid made at? in the us or an other country? i was just wondering not trying to make any statement to the arguments going on i am just wondering out of my own point of view on something. thanks
NickcamaroSS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #20
Sneeks20
Account Suspended

Drives: your woman wild...
K&N 63 series!!!
Sneeks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:11 AM   #21
Mike-D
HTFU

Drives: 2SS/RS
either one is gonna do the same thing for you, I went with AirRaid because I have had K&N on everything and I just wanted to switch it up. I like mine and I'm sure I would have liked K&N if I bought that.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #22
Airaid Filters

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickcamaroSS10 View Post
where is Airaid made at? in the us or an other country?
Hello NickcamaroSS10,

The Overall Quality of Components, Fit & Finish, and Performance of the Airaid are 2nd to None!

All AIRAID Intake Systems are Made in the USA and Feature our Lifetime "No-Hassle" Warranty!

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
David
Airaid Filters is offline   Reply With Quote