Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #29
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
I had an interesting email sent to me about these gas prices. If enough people would do this, I think it would send a message! It's one of those "everyone has to stick together" things.

Duely noted and e-mails sent.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #30
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Gas here in Chatham shot up from about 1.30 to 1.38 yesterday... but then driving to work this morning I noticed it had gone back down to 1.29. Weird?

And I'm on board with this boycott
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #31
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Forwarded to numerous automotive forums.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #32
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
FYI,

Ironically, some of the Petro Canada stations in York Region are selling gas at
$1.37
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #33
Mike Jung

Drives: '14 CRT Camaro SS Coupe
Gasoline in the GTA is expected to DROP 3.6-cents for tomorrow, to $1.365/L for 87-octane gasoline.
& for 91-octane around $1.515/L.

Former G8 owner :(

RIP Sunday, Oct 6, '13
1 of 3,681 in Panther Black Metallic '09 Pontiac G8 GT (with L76 6.0L small block V8 engine & a 6L80 tranny)
1 of 970 '09 Pontiac G8 GT's in the country (Canada)
Mike Jung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #34
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
I had an interesting email sent to me about these gas prices. If enough people would do this, I think it would send a message! It's one of those "everyone has to stick together" things.

GAS WAR STARTS MAY 1st

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER LITRE.
This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Haliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.
Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!
I hear we are going to hit close to $ 1.50 a litre by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?
We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ...
It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!
By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.28 at SUNOCO and ESSO for regular unleaded in Hamilton and Ottawa and climbing every week.
Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre of gas is CHEAP at $.87 to .99, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.
With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.
The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.
But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA) and ESSO.
If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA ) and ESSO gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
I* it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!
Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!
How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!
Acting together we can make a difference.
If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA)/ESSO UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $.99 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
REMEMBER – STARTING MAY 1st NO GAS FROM ESSO / PETROCAN / SUNOCO!
(why wait till then, get into the habit by starting now)

I buy religiously from Pioneer. I think a massive part of the equation is also DO NOT BUY FOOD OR CIGARETTES OR ANYTHING ELSE FROM THEM. Go give your hard earned money to hard working independent small businesses. Let the retailers feel the squeeze and have them apply pressure to those who they get gas from to push the prices down so the retailers can entice people in for things other than gas. The only pressure or change can come from the retailers themselves. This is so easy........
Old 04-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #35
louf

Drives: 07 sil 06 imp 04 cav 59 cad
rumour, going up to 1.50 tonight
louf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #36
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louf View Post
rumour, going up to 1.50 tonight
Funny that jack it up for a long weekend where people have cut back on driving and probly won't be going anywhere. But it's all about demand, or china or I guess whatevers convenient for the day.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #37
louf

Drives: 07 sil 06 imp 04 cav 59 cad
confirmed
louf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #38
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
http://www.ontariogasprices.com/index.aspx
Old 04-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #39
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

I go to the races ay Oshweken every friday. My GF is from there and has a gas card. I always fill up when we go there. Probly $1.10 a litre that way. Fill it up for the week. Even less money to the government. Yesplz
Old 04-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #40
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
91 Octane Today at $1.58...

Regular at $1.49.9
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #41
DINGO

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Not buying gas for 1 day won't bring the prices down. It would probably jack the prices higher.
Then they will come back with the excuse of "having to build more storage sites" to store excess, due to keeping production levels up to par.....
The endless saga returns..
DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #42
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote